Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Thurman vacates WBC belt.

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    So his plan is to have a tune up end of summer then fight the Porter/Garcia winner?

That makes him clear from Spence from at least 18 months..

Thurman could have been the man at 147 but has chose to hibernate..pathetic.

He is hoping Spence will fight Crawford over this long period and he can hide away in the love triangle of Porter/Garcia..
    He has literally sat on the bench and watched others pass him up. He's already put Spence on delay and that was before his most recent ouchy. Its the Canelofication approach, string your serious threat out and hope they grow old. Or get beat.

They may give Thurman a real lite touch and work Porter, Thurman and Garcia next up. That keeps it in Haymons house.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    So his plan is to have a tune up end of summer then fight the Porter/Garcia winner?

He is hoping Spence will fight Crawford over this long period and he can hide away in the love triangle of Porter/Garcia..
    Porter, Garcia and Thurman are all with Haymon and Crawford is with Arum so who is Spence with?
    Haymon
    That means he will not fight Crawford and the other 3 are avoiding him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

Porter, Garcia and Thurman are all with Haymon and Crawford is with Arum so who is Spence with?
    Haymon
    That means he will not fight Crawford and the other 3 are avoiding him.
    Haymon has no issue working with Top Rank. So if TR thinks Crawford will win its possible to happen.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Nothing against Keith. But over a year inactive? In a division such as welter with all that talent hovering around? Get better and come back and fight for it.
    I think Thurman may be one of those athletes that has talent, understands his sport, dedicates himself to training and trying to refine his craft- HOWEVER, like many basketball busts and busts in other sports due to injury, his BODY may not be able to handle the level of competition and training needed to be great over time.

A similar case of this comes to mind is Meldrick Taylor. Great fighter. Well schooled and trained. But his body clearly could not handle the rigours of the sport. Same issue with Naseem Hamed- his hands could not take what he was able to dish out.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Nothing against Keith. But over a year inactive? In a division such as welter with all that talent hovering around? Get better and come back and fight for it.
    I think Thurman may be one of those athletes that has talent, understands his sport, dedicates himself to training and trying to refine his craft- HOWEVER, like many basketball busts and busts in other sports due to injury, his BODY may not be able to handle the level of competition and training needed to be great over time.

A similar case of this comes to mind is Meldrick Taylor. Great fighter. Well schooled and trained. But his body clearly could not handle the rigours of the sport. Same issue with Naseem Hamed- his hands could not take what he was able to dish out.
    What are you on about?

Taylor got "ruined" in the Chavez fight and Naz did not have hand problems.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What are you on about?

Naz claims that he had terrible hand problems

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

What are you on about?

Naz claims that he had terrible hand problems
    You sure you are not mistaking Naz with Joe Calzaghe?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Master pretty sure yeah

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Naz retired because MAB Ruined him! Simples.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Naz retired because MAB Ruined him! Simples.
    I was only a babby when Naz was fighting, I wasn't massively into my boxing but I used to watch the odd fight, I'll always remember the Barrera fight though cuz it was the day after my 16th birthday (maybe my 15th) and I was planning to go up town to get leathered, at this point from the random bits of boxing that I watched I had an ingrained hatred of Prince Naz because of my Dad, he told me that I could go up town and get hammered or I could stay in and watch Naz get snotted, opted to stay in and watch Naz get snotted, fucking brilliant it was.

At the time I wasn't a boxing fan, I was very much a jack of all trades, I'd watch the boxing, rugby, F1, snooker and cricket but I wasn't a massive fan of any of them, I think at the time I had a season ticket down the Villa but even then my interest in football was waning, I watched Naz get snotted the day after my birthday and it was fucking great.

I have watched Naz back since and I think I appreciate him a lot more now than I did when I didn't really understand boxing...he's still an epic prick but at the same time I love him for his live breakdown about Eubanks Jr

'Which camera do I have to look into to tell him that he has to retire'

anyway, bad hands or not he was still a prick and Barrera finished him

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One of my favorite fights of all time. He had that coming to him.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't really remember a thing about his hands but remember Barrera seemingly psyching him out in fight lead up acting like he was a 'typical Mexican fighter' and was going to attack attack. Then he goes in and lays down a disciplined boxing masterpiece that Naz not to mention many fans never saw coming.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haymon MONOPOLY

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What are you on about?

Taylor was ruined BECAUSE he could not take the physical abuse at a high level. Very few CHAMPIONS can take shots and continue on without any damage during the fight or after they have retired. Taylor was such a case that when he faced top quality and hard-hitting opponents, he simply could not absorb what they dished out. Great talent, but his body was not meant for the highest levels of the sport.

Another example is David Price. Good talent. May have been a champion. But his cardiovascular conditioning and lack of a chin when he gets gassed always put him in a position where he is in a life or death situation in the ring. After Price's fight with Povetkin, it is pretty much over for him UNLESS he he actually wants to get killed in the ring. Which he came very close to vs Povetkin.

How anyone can ask Price to get back in the ring with killers like Povetkin, Miller, or Mansour is beyond me?! While Joshua and maybe even Wilder may show some mercy at times, some guys like Miller and Mansour try to kill people. Price is just looking for long term health problems or death! Why take the chance?
    Last edited by ykdadamaja; 04-28-2018 at 04:20 PM.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Thread Information