Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Showtime fight night- Mikey vs Easter Jr.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Showtime fight night- Mikey vs Easter Jr.

Broner looks in good condition.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Broner gets booed harder than Victor Ortiz on the big screen . Still has that going for him at least. If PBC does one thing right it's shop and show it's faces. They may stretch this out until main event

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    El Bump. Card kicks off Saturday night. Weigh in today had Garcia staring holes through a rowdy in your face Easter Jr. Surprised a solid title unification has gone under the radar. On paper with Easters style and frame it might..emphasis might..turn into some solid give and take action but it's pretty clear Easter Jr isn't fighting his frame and gives up his reach and lays in. We'll see.

Mikey has gone full in talking up Spence almost to the point of stfu and slow your roll already . Slight chance he's looking beyond a guy he calls the second best fighter in the division and ignoring Loma save for wanting to "race him" to a main event ppv. To me just pretending Loma doesn't exist regardless of promotion blender is very disappointing and Spence feels like he's inviting a sacrificial shortcut. Feels like a bad trend. Luis Ortiz returns against goliath Razvan Cojanu and unless Wilder took his soul he should chop him down nicely.
    Mikey has been talking about Loma. I can grab you some interviews with him talking about Loma but basically it’s the same as always “It won’t happen because I won’t agree to fighting on under the Top Rank label”

Bob has been quite clear he won’t make that fight so what is Mikey supposed to do?
    I'd echo Master, thanks my Google works . But seriously..who else gets that pass? I'm big on a guy moving to clean his own house out before he anoints himself ready to walk into someone else's. Loma and some gripe he cannot get major tests. Mikey lost massive time sitting out and obviously thinks he deserves the mega fights...so he should act like it. He's going to go to the well one too many times with this rotating division stuff and the roofs going to fall in on him.
    I don’t know why Loma gets a pass on this. Mikey has said he wants the fight. Arum said no. Are you suggesting Mikey is getting a pass? Mikey isn’t the one that won’t do it. Just google who he wants to fight. He’s not looking at Spence because he thinks it makes more money for him or is easier. He says those are both Loma. He’s looking at Spence because he can’t fight Loma

To quote Arum on this matchup “We absolutely will not negotiate with Garcia”
    Plenty of pro and con out there both ways. Mikey said he wanted Loma while he was still thinking he'd face Linares. And it wouldn't be the first time a mega fight is avoided due to burned bridges and rival promotions, certainly nothing new to Arum. Likewise Garcia knows Spence with Haymon ties and that makes Spence 'easier' to make. Loma has said he would fight Mikey but definitely is not coming off surgery with it. Let Arum keep it in house taking Beltran, but if he thinks he's going to make worthy PPV with that he's in for a surprise. Likewise Mikey talking up Spence while the fan consensus is it's to much and will likely end in a hard loss just so he can 'race to a PPV' is short sighted with an almost built in excuse. Imo it's also kinda disingenuous to expect fans to lay down a hefty sum for it. Whatever hashes out, bottom line is it will be Garcia leaving the division saying he wants challenges but leaving work undone with a p4p fighter in the house. Again..that feels like he's getting a pass. Then there's Spence standing there wondering why he should be used as a Mikey stepping stone media buzz and 'push' wise. A lightweight in his first go at 147 no less. Thought on it for weeks, just don't like it. First things first, Easter jr. Unification is always welcome and needed.
    I just find it very curious that Mikey seems to be taking the blame at least partially from you because he might leave the division with work undone when the other side said they absolutely would not negotiate with him. Why doesn’t Loma get any blame for leaving 126 with work to do, 130? Because those guys wouldn’t fight him. Same deal for Mikey. Whatever Loma says, Bob said they won’t negotiate with Mikey. At some point that comes down to Loma. If he doesn’t demand it from Bob(the only person stopping the fight), well, it’s his side stopping it, he’s responsible for his side.

Frankly, I hope Mikey changes his mind and stays at 135 and calls for the fight at every turn. I think Loma is so good he needs extraordinary challenges and Mikey is the only one I see in the area that can bring out the best in Loma. But if they won’t fight they won’t fight. And they’ve been very clear that they won’t.

Hell though, maybe Easter turns everything on it’s head tonight. I highly doubt it but maybe
    Probaly because I'm a fan of Garcia. We knew Loma was silver spoon fed since literally day one. But we're talking elites here two in ripe top form, not some collecting trinkets binge by a heavy favorite at low weight. A Loma fan says maybe he went perusing his challenge at higher weight . Not me though. Can't stand the guy. The bad blood has boiled over with Bob and Mikey, Mikey should demand it.

feck it's main event time!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1-0 Easter. Garcia just being patient waiting for counter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Easter KO Garcia rd 2 Fight is over

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

bad joke

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1-1 close round. Easter keeping his height and sharp but Mikey looks like a cat waiting to pounce. Very sure footed and timing him late 2nd.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've got it 2-0 Easter.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Head of Easter stays stock still but sharp jab on point. Mikeys left is ...annnd there it is! brutal shot Easter up

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boom, Easter goes down.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh nice, right got in first. 2 piece and a biscuit

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great hook

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Easter survives the round.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Easter looks resigned to that mic about to drop. Positioning of Garcia impressive.

Thread Information