Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Dillian Whyte ordered to face Luis Ortiz

Dillian Whyte ordered to face Luis Ortiz to become Deontay Wilder's 'second mandatory'

The WBC have ordered Dillian Whyte to face Luis Ortiz in a final eliminator for Deontay Wilder.

However this situation is not as straightforward as it may seem, because winning this fight would only make Whyte second in line for a shot at Wilder, behind Dominic Breazeale.

In an update released on Tuesday, the World Boxing Council revealed Breazeale has in fact been mandatory since beating Eric Molina last November.

Therefore it is possible that Whyte may instead opt to pursue a different route and face Kubrat Pulev in an IBF final eliminator which is currently being discussed.

If Whyte were to beat Pulev, he would then be mandatory to Anthony Joshua instead and the pair could stage a world level rematch of their 2015 British title battle.

Read more at https://talksport.com/boxing/dillian...v2wrVhVUukC.99
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Dillian Whyte ordered to face Luis Ortiz

Should be a very solid fight I hope that Whyte comes to make a statement and beats Ortiz. I think Ortiz is the classier boxer, but Whyte has shown himself to be a very good underdog fighter.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Doubt Whyte fights him. Pulev is the easier route.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    To be fair , it makes sense for him to fight Pulev. If he beats him , he’s guaranteed mandatory.
    Whereas if he beats Ortiz, he’s still behind Breazeale in the pecking order. And Ortiz has literally just had his chance, surely he should be further back in the queue.
    So why didn’t they just make Breazeale fight Whyte ? I’ll tell you fucking why. Because Wilder has no intention of fighting Joshua next, no matter what “he said!”
    It’s apparently a done deal between Wilder and Breazeale . No doubt they’ll spin it by saying Joshua didn’t want it , hence the low offer, blah, blah , bullshit.
    But it’s funny, we never saw that “counter offer within the next 48 hours” did we? That was about 10 days ago!
    Hey, believe what you want, but I know what I believe.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    To be fair , it makes sense for him to fight Pulev. If he beats him , he’s guaranteed mandatory.
    Whereas if he beats Ortiz, he’s still behind Breazeale in the pecking order. And Ortiz has literally just had his chance, surely he should be further back in the queue.
    So why didn’t they just make Breazeale fight Whyte ? I’ll tell you fucking why. Because Wilder has no intention of fighting Joshua next, no matter what “he said!”
    It’s apparently a done deal between Wilder and Breazeale . No doubt they’ll spin it by saying Joshua didn’t want it , hence the low offer, blah, blah , bullshit.
    But it’s funny, we never saw that “counter offer within the next 48 hours” did we? That was about 10 days ago!
    Hey, believe what you want, but I know what I believe.
    https://www.boxingscene.com/team-wil...cation--127535

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a fucking joke and i feel for Dillian Whyte, he's been royally fucked over here.

This is a "secondary eliminator" even though Dillian is ranked number 1 by the WBC

El Kabong Guest

Whyte vs Brezeale wouldn't be a bad fight either

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually like this fight. It’s one of the best fights able to be made in the division and if Whyte wins, I think it really boosts him to the top to fight Wilder or to get a rematch with AJ.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it'll be Wilder v Breazeale next and Whyte v Ortiz sounds reasonable. But just another rung of waiting that'll stretch out any hope of AJ v Wilder anytime soon. Povetkin fresh off eliminator, Miller and Duhaupas in wba eliminator and now this. Too many chefs in the kitchen. That said Whyte can beat Ortiz.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ortiz will outpoint

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You still have people pretending that Joshua has fought nobody worth mentioning but Wlad. Now Whyte v Ortiz is being talked about after the absurd WBC trying to scrape some more dollars together, and Whyte for many is seen as the favourite. Whyte is no pushover but you have to be impressed with the way Joshua dealt with him. He is far more dangerous than Stiverne or Ortiz and Yet Wilder seems to think that he is the man with all the experience. It's crazy hands over your own eyes stuff from boxing fans to pretend that Wilder is somehow hungry for challenges. He didn't even want to be in the same stadium as Whyte let alone share a ring with him

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ handled Whyte with ease when he used his boxing skills and nearly stopped him in the first round. When AJ got careless and cocky he got hurt but when he went back to basics it was a beating for Whyte.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    You still have people pretending that Joshua has fought nobody worth mentioning but Wlad. Now Whyte v Ortiz is being talked about after the absurd WBC trying to scrape some more dollars together, and Whyte for many is seen as the favourite. Whyte is no pushover but you have to be impressed with the way Joshua dealt with him. He is far more dangerous than Stiverne or Ortiz and Yet Wilder seems to think that he is the man with all the experience. It's crazy hands over your own eyes stuff from boxing fans to pretend that Wilder is somehow hungry for challenges. He didn't even want to be in the same stadium as Whyte let alone share a ring with him

Wilder said he would fight Whyte as long as he got AJ next. Hearn changed his story. Keep playing pretend.

The actual back and forth Hearn “if you want AJ then fight Whyte” Wilder “okay, put it in the contract” Hearn “I won’t connect my fighters”

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ortiz is going on 42 years old but I think he has enough left and has been lifted up mentally by his performance last time and we'll easily out point this guy

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sounds like Whyte got ripped off by the WBC (surprise, surprise), installing the #2 Breazeale as the mandatory over # 1 Whyte

The fight is decent tho and it will be interesting to see if he can deal with Ortiz' style.

Whyte is also supposed to be in negotiations with Pulev for an IBF eliminator.
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information