Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Haye will hate this..

They both earned a lot of money tonight..that will soften the blow..the main issue for Haye is the guy that beat him.

Haye loosing to Bellew in this fashion will hurt him for a long time..expect Haye to have another farewell fight so he doesn’t leave the sport on a loss.

Would Haye ever pimp himself out some more for a few more fights?..or does he stick to promoting?

What would you do?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haye will hate this..

Haye injures himself when he shadow boxes.

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was one of the worst performances I have seen in a while. Haye was completely off balance from the start. Again. Then as soon as he was down, he had no coordination at all. Did Haye land a meaningful punch? He won the first two by being busier, but his punches were again very, very sloppy. Once the knockdown happened he was back to that bizarre throwing at air thing he was doing in the last fight. It was quite odd.

I think that is the end of David Haye. He will never again be able to convince anyone he is an any state to enter a boxing ring. His legs are totally gone.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think you should look at his record.

Started at 22, declared that he would be a world champion by 30 and retire, duly did that with undisputed Cruiserweight and wba heavyweight, didn't retire, milked Warren etc. by smashing Macaroni, Harrison, Chisora etc, continuing to make good money, but injury caught up with him . Not a bad innings I'd say and one of our more successful boxers both in titles and financial acheivements. Remeniscent of Billy Walker in terms of fan appeal (but Billy never won a title), and not scratching around at the Albert Hall for Levine every month like Cooper/Bodell/London/Prentiss etc. Not a bad career.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree. He has had a good career. It's a bad way to go out though. The first time you could say that maybe he got injured and you can give him the benefit of the doubt, but it leaves a sour taste when he comes in with exactly the same problem. The fight was almost a rerun of the last one except the referee decided he wanted a role too. Fair enough getting sparked by Wilder or what have you, but to lose twice in a row to Bellew probably stings a lot. If he knew he was injured then he should just have said as much and called it a day rather than bothering with this. Haye obviously lied about his condition and those who commented on his heavy bag work were right. It wasn't a performance, that was really where he was at. I hope he calls it a day and does something else. He is smart and can do other things. But now people will be saying 'Tony Bellew you out. Hahaha!' and that isn't a very nice thing.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye is an actual fighter not a fan. Different mentality. He didn't spend months training everyday to fight someone he didn't respect (regardless of what is said in the pre-fight sell), there's a reason Bellew is a former decorated amateur, British, Commonwealth, European and WBC world champion.

Fans bums and fighters bums are something entirely different.
    Last edited by Fenster; 05-06-2018 at 08:53 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As Haye said himself, if he can not beat someone like Bellew then he has no right to fight for the top heavyweights and the title.

Now that he has lost he should retire. He is shot, his body is falling apart and he looks rubbish in the ring after 2 rounds.

Call it a day David.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let’s say he fights Whyte..and beats him..what does that mean.?

Haye will not finish on a loss.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye can only beat anyone decent if he lands a bomb in first two rounds.

Bellew said after first two rounds he was telling the referee to stop it. Didn’t see this happen so maybe cameras didn’t catch it.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

If Bellew beats Whyte then he is a legitimate heavyweight contender. Bellew is not a legitimate heavyweight contender which is why he wants to fight Andre Ward. There is no way Bellew will fight Tyson Fury.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye's been conning the public for a few years now.

He knew he was finished when he came back, hence why he fought 2 car crash dummies & seriously entertained the idea of fighting 97 year old Shannon Briggs, who is probably even more shot than he is.

He fought Bellew because he thought it would be an easy knock-over of a fat cruiserweight whilst at the same time padding his retirement fund.

Unfortunately for him, the Gorilla tape that is holding his body together unravelled & he was exposed & laid bare.

It would be sad to see him continuing because he clearly has nothing to offer at the top of the HW division & he's had such a good career that seeing him as a gatekeeper/punchbag would be even sadder.

If I was advising him, I'd tell him to quite whilst he still has his wealth, health, looks & faculties intact.

Last edited by Syntax Error; 05-07-2018 at 02:30 PM.
    The legend of Drederick Tatum!Hidden Content

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I honestly don't care if he continues or not after last night, if he quite at least I won't have to see or hear from the cunt anymore, if he continues then at least I'll get to see him KTFO every time he is in with someone decent.

In fact I kind of hope he carries on just so my hatred for him doesn't wane.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

He doesn’t have a lot of choice though. If he loses to Bellew , he loses to any of the World’s top 20 HW’s. Bellew is not a HW and not a good HW .
    So for him to get an opponent that he can end on a win, the quality of opponent won’t pay him enough.
    And Haye has PROVED that would rather lose than earn shit money.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok..as we know styles make fights.

I agree that Haye should retire but let’s pretend that he decides to fight one more time.

Parker said he would entertain both..what happens in each situation.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Haye can only beat anyone decent if he lands a bomb in first two rounds.

Bellew said after first two rounds he was telling the referee to stop it. Didn’t see this happen so maybe cameras didn’t catch it.
    I saw it on the repeat. After Bellew knocked Haye down, I think for the second time at the end of the round he saw Haye had injured his ankle and was pleading with the ref to stop the fight as Haye was injured.

Thread Information