1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bellew vs Ward?..or someone else

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Let Parker beat him up.
    Parker has no title so Bellew will have no interest in him.

Listening to Bellew make excuses why he will not fight anyone half decent will be funny.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward as in Andre Ward?!?!?

Wasn't he off somewhere enjoying his unbeaten record safely in retirement? Geez..... I thought we had gotten rid of this guy already.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Wasn't he off somewhere enjoying his unbeaten record safely in retirement? Geez..... I thought we had gotten rid of this guy already.
    We could say that about a lot of guys.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is a thread about Bellew and you are complaining about Ward?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post

Hell yeah. Comes out of nowhere to destroy Kov's aura of invincibility (well.... the 1st one was an undeserved gift. The 2nd one will forever remain one of boxing's great mysteries how he got into Kov's head). He safely retires with his "0" intact. And now he's taking a page out RJJ's and Toney's book as lighter weight stars who dabble at HW (well ok.... it's cruiserweight for now for Ward). It's a win-win for Ward, who I have to hand it to him he's been real savvy with his career. I've never liked Ward, and wish he would just go away.

BTW, every opponent Kov krushes from here on out is another feather in Ward's cap. You could say he put some good money in boxing's stock market, and every time the stock goes up he gets richer and richer.

Bellew is irrevelant, as far as I'm concerned. He'll of course try to milk his irrevelant win over Haye for all it's worth.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I consider the 2nd Ward/ Kov ending along the lines of Duran/ Buchanan.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hell yeah. Comes out of nowhere to destroy Kov's aura of invincibility (well.... the 1st one was an undeserved gift. The 2nd one will forever remain one of boxing's great mysteries how he got into Kov's head). He safely retires with his "0" intact. And now he's taking a page out RJJ's and Toney's book as lighter weight stars who dabble at HW (well ok.... it's cruiserweight for now for Ward). It's a win-win for Ward, who I have to hand it to him he's been real savvy with his career. I've never liked Ward, and wish he would just go away.

BTW, every opponent Kov krushes from here on out is another feather in Ward's cap. You could say he put some good money in boxing's stock market, and every time the stock goes up he gets richer and richer.

Bellew is irrevelant, as far as I'm concerned. He'll of course try to milk his irrevelant win over Haye for all it's worth.
    I gave you a like because I agree with almost everything in your post. but I can't agree that he has been savvy with his career. I think exactly the opposite. I believe that all the time he wasted not boxing because of poor decisions contractually and stubbornness and ignorance in trying to get out of that meant that he lost the momentum to be one of the truly All time great Boxers.
    if he has stayed active after the super 6, he could've mopped up the LHW's that much earlier and would've probably gone up and done the same at CW.
    And I firmly believe that Virgil saw first hand what Ward had and that's why he made the Joshua statement that a lot of people ridiculed him for.
    that's why I said at the time , that after they gave that situation "some due diligence" , if they thought that it was a possibility, I would give him a chance.
    But in reality, as it's gone all quiet , they probably thought better of it.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floppy eyes Ward will make light work of Bellew. Granted Ward doesn't really have smooth boxing skills at the top level (like Floyd or James Toney) but he's different gravy to Bellew. But if Bellew thinks he can knock out Ward then he must have thought he was back in that movie for a moment. Fact is Ward is retired. He's not coming back. He has nothing more to prove. In fact he's branching out and is the main presenter of the upcoming Contender series.

But Bellew is the bigger man, the bigger puncher, the more active fighter and probably feels Ward can't knock him out. The worse case scenario for Bellew that he gets outboxed by floppy eyes and makes 5 million plus.

Why not ?

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DenilsonTheReturn View Post
    Floppy eyes Ward will make light work of Bellew. Granted Ward doesn't really have smooth boxing skills at the top level (like Floyd or James Toney) but he's different gravy to Bellew. But if Bellew thinks he can knock out Ward then he must have thought he was back in that movie for a moment. Fact is Ward is retired. He's not coming back. He has nothing more to prove. In fact he's branching out and is the main presenter of the upcoming Contender series.

But Bellew is the bigger man, the bigger puncher, the more active fighter and probably feels Ward can't knock him out. The worse case scenario for Bellew that he gets outboxed by floppy eyes and makes 5 million plus.

Why not ?

Is that you [MENTION=29132]DenilsonTheReturn[/ is that really u den den
    Last edited by Fenster; 05-14-2018 at 08:12 PM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

I gave you a like because I agree with almost everything in your post. but I can't agree that he has been savvy with his career. I think exactly the opposite. I believe that all the time he wasted not boxing because of poor decisions contractually and stubbornness and ignorance in trying to get out of that meant that he lost the momentum to be one of the truly All time great Boxers.
    if he has stayed active after the super 6, he could've mopped up the LHW's that much earlier and would've probably gone up and done the same at CW.
    And I firmly believe that Virgil saw first hand what Ward had and that's why he made the Joshua statement that a lot of people ridiculed him for.
    that's why I said at the time , that after they gave that situation "some due diligence" , if they thought that it was a possibility, I would give him a chance.

Well, maybe savvy wasn't exactly the right word. Especially if you think of it from a business standpoint. I was thinking more along the lines of preserving his precious "0". Before Kovalev, he was being ridiculed for choosing some stiffs who were totally beneath his level. You mention the Super 6 and yes he could've/ should've parlayed that into a springboard to greatness. But now it's me who doesn't necessary agree with your assessment that he could've "mopped up the LHW's" and probably the same at CW. I just don't give Ward that much credit. Call me a non-believer... but I think it's a lot of smoke and mirrors. Not denying his greatness, as he definitely belongs in that category. But I remember many of his fights as being boring, with questionable tactics.... not necessarily viewer-friendly. Somewhere along the line he was going to meet someone at LHW or CW who would not have given in to his head games.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, maybe savvy wasn't exactly the right word. Especially if you think of it from a business standpoint. I was thinking more along the lines of preserving his precious "0". Before Kovalev, he was being ridiculed for choosing some stiffs who were totally beneath his level. You mention the Super 6 and yes he could've/ should've parlayed that into a springboard to greatness. But now it's me who doesn't necessary agree with your assessment that he could've "mopped up the LHW's" and probably the same at CW. I just don't give Ward that much credit. Call me a non-believer... but I think it's a lot of smoke and mirrors. Not denying his greatness, as he definitely belongs in that category. But I remember many of his fights as being boring, with questionable tactics.... not necessarily viewer-friendly. Somewhere along the line he was going to meet someone at LHW or CW who would not have given in to his head games.
    its all about opinions I suppose, but a lot of people were saying exactly the same things about Floyd Mayweather.
    The reality is that Boxing is the sweet science, it's about Hit and not getting hit, it's about winning. And if some people are bored by the way that's done, well too bad really.
    I've said before , but arguably the 3 stand out boxers of the last 10 years are Floyd , Ward and Wlad in no particular order, and they were all called Boring , had questionable tactics and were not necessarily viewer friendly.......................But they didn't lose much.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Bellew is in a good position right now and his style could/should be an issue for plenty of heavyweights.

Let’s ignore AJ and Wilder but everyone else is fair game.
    No way! Bellew beat a shot fighter. Why take this win out of context?
    No one else was calling out David Haye?!

Look at the fighters that Wilder fought and compare them to David Haye..Bellew was not expected to beat Haye in the first place!

Regardless of what everyone thinks of Haye as a person, he is a dangerous fight for anyone and quietly the other heavyweights breathed a sign of relief when this happened..no one knew his body was going to start breaking up in the first fight and everyone still fought he was going to beat Bellew in the rematch.
    David Haye is a dangerous fight for Mark De Mori, Arnold Whatshisname, or whatever cardboard cut-out Haye thinks he can pass off as a worthy opponent in front of adoring Zelebs at the O2 Arena, but he is not a dangerous fight for any of the top HWs.

Bellew told everyone who would listen that Haye was only back for the money & wasn't serious about boxing & he was 100% spot-on.

I bet the top dogs in the HW division didn't really give a stuff about Haye either way.

He hasn't beaten an HW with a pulse since 2012 & that was only the consistently inconsistent Dereck Chisora.
    The legend of Drederick Tatum!Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bellew may as well retire if he can not get another novelty fight such as Andre Ward.

No way will Bellew take on a legitimate heavyweight as he would get massacred.

No way Bellew is going back down in weight as he would get battered by the current crop and he would not make weight.

No way will he take on Tyson Fury, different promoters and he is just too big.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its all about opinions I suppose, but a lot of people were saying exactly the same things about Floyd Mayweather.
    The reality is that Boxing is the sweet science, it's about Hit and not getting hit, it's about winning. And if some people are bored by the way that's done, well too bad really.
    I've said before , but arguably the 3 stand out boxers of the last 10 years are Floyd , Ward and Wlad in no particular order, and they were all called Boring , had questionable tactics and were not necessarily viewer friendly.......................But they didn't lose much.

It's about hit and not getting hit and about winning. I think 100% of Earth's population would agree with you on that obvious fact. But it's also about viewership and ratings. Otherwise they could just hold fights in empty barrooms and it wouldn't make any difference. Since you bring up Floyd, Ward, and Wlad in the same sentence.... I'll comment on each. Floyd fought to the level of his competition. If he could whitewash the opponent without risk of getting touched (see: Canelo), he would do it. If the opponent forced Mayweather to engage in meaningful exchanges (see: Maidana, Cotto), he would do that also. Granted, many hyped Floyd fights were letdowns (see: Pacquiao), but then both of them were at fault for that one. I appreciated Floyd's skill, even if I severely disliked his personality. Wlad I was never a big fan of. Tell me Wlad-Povetkin was about "the sweet science", and I'll sell you some beachfront property in Nebraska. It was a foul-filled, boring, nauseating poor excuse for a heavyweight title fight. So was Wlad-Fury.

So yeah, some of us appreciate the art of "hitting without getting hit". But that's where defensive wizards like Whitaker and Benitez used to fit the bill.

Thread Information