User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Rabbit Punch KO

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Rabbit Punch KO

Teofimo Lopez vs Vitor Frietas....Lopez hits Frietas on the back of the neck and that my friends is a rabbit punch KO.

"Right in the back of the ear"

Back of the neck

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Rabbit Punch KO

That was unusual to score a knock out victory from a rabbit punch and that blow should have counted as legal.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    That was unusual to score a knock out victory from a rabbit punch and that blow should have counted as legal.
    I mean Frietas was attempting to dodge the punch but it landed right on the back of his neck

El Kabong Guest

So basically I'm saying I take Lopez's win with a grain of salt, it was a punch which happened to land illegally not an illegal punch. I think Frietas was just as responsible as Lopez for the punch landing where it did. Would Lopez have won by KO anyway? Maybe, possibly, probably....I want to see more of that guy fight, he's a hell of an athlete I just hate how that fight ended. Crack a guy right on the jaw, great, catch him on the back of the head....meeeeeh.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah that was certainly a weird knockout. Lopez threw it cleanly, but Frietas ducked right into it. BTW, the backflip was pretty impressive too. Stuck the landing.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The last few inches of the Ark of the punch went around his head and Landon behind the ear the back of the neck actually and that's a weird call for me I would like to see the guy get 5 minutes to recover and call it an unintentional punch which landed illegally at the back of his neck. Just like an unintentional low blow you have to give five minutes to recover from that. That is the call that I would like to have seen made

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saw some giving Freitas stick because 'flat quit' or went down from glancing shot which seems kinda dumb. May stem from him being nephew of Acelino though, nor sure . Surprised there wasn't more uproar from announce crew. That's why I miss Teddy. Might have been even worse because it landed like a chop-slap. Good heads up on catching that and another reason you take every KO record case by case as often there is some fugly stuff like this that is ignored and quickly forgotten.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Saw some giving Freitas stick because 'flat quit' or went down from glancing shot which seems kinda dumb. May stem from him being nephew of Acelino though, nor sure . Surprised there wasn't more uproar from announce crew. That's why I miss Teddy. Might have been even worse because it landed like a chop-slap. Good heads up on catching that and another reason you take every KO record case by case as often there is some fugly stuff like this that is ignored and quickly forgotten.
    I enjoyed Acelino Frietas' career he had some very good fights. His fight vs Barrios was good and the real time he showed some guts in there.....Corrales just manhandled him though.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I enjoyed Acelino Frietas' career he had some very good fights. His fight vs Barrios was good and the real time he showed some guts in there.....Corrales just manhandled him though.
    Barrios looked like he flew through a windshield when Freitas was finally done with him. Great fight. The man has to have ghosts now and think he was talking comeback after getting out of prison last year.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don’t really have a problem with that, if anything had the punch landed further forward it would have done more damage, barrios misread and ducked into it. Regardless the dance and backflip make up for it and justify the ko, that was good form. I suppose I would have liked to see some time given just to see some more backflips, I wonder if the PR guy can consistently stick them like that. I’d like to see Him face lesser opposition forever and see how many backflips he can pull off during fights. One day he might be Able to hit somebody while performing one, that should be an automatic tko victory.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I don’t really have a problem with that, if anything had the punch landed further forward it would have done more damage, barrios misread and ducked into it. Regardless the dance and backflip make up for it and justify the ko, that was good form. I suppose I would have liked to see some time given just to see some more backflips, I wonder if the PR guy can consistently stick them like that. I’d like to see Him face lesser opposition forever and see how many backflips he can pull off during fights. One day he might be Able to hit somebody while performing one, that should be an automatic tko victory.
    Or he could injure himself, I bet his manager/promoter hold their breath when he does that.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lopez is a beast, apparently made Haney quit in sparring.
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information