Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Adonis Stevenson vs Badou Jack - Sky Sports/Showtime

This ain't being shown again until 11pm, where is @Freedom with the link to the fight?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great fight. Ian John Lewis just adds to the theatre, great to see him get plugged! I had Stevenson sneaking it or maybe a draw,and I fucking can’t stand Stevenson!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Diaz fought a weird fight. Just never adjusted once Russell decided to have more lateral movement. I was rooting for him to win.

I had the other fight a draw so I thought it was a good decision. I thought almost every round had a pretty clear winner. Jack just took too long to get started. He gave away way too many early rounds. Jack is just the fighter that can’t get over the hump. He is just good enough to hang with good fighters but can’t separate himself.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Diaz fought a weird fight. Just never adjusted once Russell decided to have more lateral movement. I was rooting for him to win.

I had the other fight a draw so I thought it was a good decision. I thought almost every round had a pretty clear winner. Jack just took too long to get started. He gave away way too many early rounds. Jack is just the fighter that can’t get over the hump. He is just good enough to hang with good fighters but can’t separate himself.
    Agree on Diaz and Russell. Diaz was pretty frustrating. Early on had Russell shaken and a bit uncertain and was moving him around the ring with total ease with top notch body work. Russell looked to have very little on his punches though in hindsight could have just taking some steam off for later. Then Diaz just went flat midway and save for good 12th that was it for him. Be interesting to see if he keeps up activity and looks for unification with Mares-Santa Cruz winner. Valdez would be fun.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was hoping for a Diaz vs Valdez unification. I'd be happy with Russell/ Valdez. I hope Russell stays active. He's saying all the right things "Unification" "Moving up" but lets see what happens.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree Jack didn't separate himself this weekend, respect must be given to the distant in the other corner for that, but he separated himself from Degale. He beat his arse.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I was hoping for a Diaz vs Valdez unification. I'd be happy with Russell/ Valdez. I hope Russell stays active. He's saying all the right things "Unification" "Moving up" but lets see what happens.
    When is Valdez cleared to fight again?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

I agree Jack didn't separate himself this weekend, respect must be given to the distant in the other corner for that, but he separated himself from Degale. He beat his arse.
    I definitely think that Jack beat Degale but I don’t think it was a wide victory. It was a close fight that Jack won. Jack has yet to just clearly beat a top fighter. He always makes it close. Although I agree that he seemed to beat Degale semi clearly, but even that is semi debatable for some.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

I definitely think that Jack beat Degale but I don’t think it was a wide victory. It was a close fight that Jack won. Jack has yet to just clearly beat a top fighter. He always makes it close. Although I agree that he seemed to beat Degale semi clearly, but even that is semi debatable for some.
    First, F auto correct, it was supposed to say the “dirtbag in the other corner”. Second, yeah, it was a close fight with Degale on a 12 round scoring system. But still, he beat his arse.

Thread Information