Thread: Promoter of neither fighter wins Kubrat Pulev-Dillian Whyte purse bid

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Promoter of neither fighter wins Kubrat Pulev-Dillian Whyte purse bid

Strange but True, looks like Whyte v Pulev is on!!
    I like this fight A LOT

Promoter Epic Sports & Entertainment won the purse bid on Thursday for the heavyweight world title elimination fight between Kubrat Pulev and Dillian Whyte, a surprise given that it doesn't promote either fighter.
    Epic Sports & Entertainment, headed by former longtime Don King attorney John Wirt, won with a bid of $1,500,111 to easily beat two other bidders. Matchroom Boxing's Eddie Hearn, Whyte's promoter, offered $831,111, while Pulev promoter Team Sauerland bid $801,305.
    Pulev is entitled to 75 percent of the winning bid ($1,125,083.25) and Whyte will receive the remaining 25 percent ($375,027.75).
    Epic Sports & Entertainment submitted 10 percent of its bid total at the purse bid, which took place in the IBF offices in Springfield, New Jersey. It has five business days to submit a check to the IBF for another 10 percent.
    The promotional company must return signed contracts for the bout to the IBF within 15 days -- no later than June 8 -- and the fight must take place within 90 days (Aug. 24).
    The winner of the fight will become one of the mandatory challengers for unified heavyweight world titleholder Anthony Joshua (21-0, 20 KOs), who knocked out his British countryman Whyte in the seventh round in 2015, one fight before he won a world title. Whyte has won seven in a row since the loss.
    Pulev (25-1, 13 KOs), 37, of Bulgaria, has won five fights in a row since suffering a fifth-round knockout loss challenging then-unified world champion Wladimir Klitschko in 2014.

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_...an-whyte-fight

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Promoter of neither fighter wins Kubrat Pulev-Dillian Whyte purse bid

That's a decent matchup actually. I don't rate Whyte to be a champion or anything, but I like his style, I like his attitude, good solid fighter, I cheer for that guy.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Promoter of neither fighter wins Kubrat Pulev-Dillian Whyte purse bid

I think Whyte can win this and then get his deserved title shot, would prefer to see Whyte v Wilder over an AJ rematch though.

What i don't get in the article is this..

"The winner of the fight will become one of the mandatory challengers for unified heavyweight world titleholder Anthony Joshua"

Fuck me what does Whyte actually have to do to get his shot cemented?

The winner of this should be the ONLY mandatory

El Kabong Guest

Whyte did well vs AJ....not sure if a rematch would show us anything different though. Wilder would be a hard ask for Whyte as well, but Wilder's chin has always been a question mark not because he's never been hit hard but because he's so focused on landing his punches he's going to get countered one day and it'll be goodnight sweetheart.

What Dillan Whyte is missing are the heavyweights like Chris Byrd, Lamon Brewster, Sam Peter, Joe Mesi, Ruslan Chagaev, etc...guys who were smaller but could still let the hands go.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone know the reason Pulev gets 3 times the payday that Whyte does when neither is a Champion?

Pulev - $1.125 million

Whyte - $375,000

Pulev is only ranked 2 places higher than Whyte but i'm guessing that's the reason?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Whyte did well vs AJ....not sure if a rematch would show us anything different though. Wilder would be a hard ask for Whyte as well, but Wilder's chin has always been a question mark not because he's never been hit hard but because he's so focused on landing his punches he's going to get countered one day and it'll be goodnight sweetheart.

What Dillan Whyte is missing are the heavyweights like Chris Byrd, Lamon Brewster, Sam Peter, Joe Mesi, Ruslan Chagaev, etc...guys who were smaller but could still let the hands go.
    Whyte or Pulev spark Wilder, its just Europeans getting their claims in for a shot, their only problem is that Joshua gets there first, and Hearn is hanging back to get him the maximum moolah, the top ten Euros all spark Wilder for what he is. Wilders backers dilemna is how long can we take 500k a shot in the US against stiffs versus which top ten euro are we going to get beat by, and will we get another euro fight after that?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Anyone know the reason Pulev gets 3 times the payday that Whyte does when neither is a Champion?

Pulev - $1.125 million

Whyte - $375,000

Pulev is only ranked 2 places higher than Whyte but i'm guessing that's the reason?
    You know the reason; Pulev is a big deal in Russia; Whyte is 'merely' known by the hardcore in the UK. If Dillian was anything more, Matchroom would not even have taken the risk of the fight going to bids...
    "Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it."

George Foreman

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pulev - $1.125 million

Whyte - $375,000

I might be wrong, but I think Pulev was the mandatory for AJ through IBF and the fight was set , but he unfortunately got injured, so now he’s fit, he’s top of the IBF pile.
    Whereas Whyte had been chasing the WBA Route, and it relatively new to the IBF pecking order.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Whyte can win this and then get his deserved title shot, would prefer to see Whyte v Wilder over an AJ rematch though.

What i don't get in the article is this..

"The winner of the fight will become one of the mandatory challengers for unified heavyweight world titleholder Anthony Joshua"

Fuck me what does Whyte actually have to do to get his shot cemented?

The winner of this should be the ONLY mandatory
    I guess he's mandatory for one of Joshuas title. So he would have others for the other titles.

I agree Id prefer to see the Wilder fight rather than the Joshua rematch.

Thread Information