Thread: World Cup 2018 countdown!!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: World Cup 2018 countdown!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I don’t even know why this thread exists? There is no World Cup this year..........or at least no WC worth watching. Absolutely no point whatsoever having a WC Without Italy! No Italy, no party!
    Anyway, just to give myself a modicum of interest in this sham of a tournament, I shall be trying to cheer on my Mediterranean Cousins, y viva Espana!
    Italy and Holland will be a big void.

Last time England failed to qualify was in 1990 when Diana Ross/Baggio missed the penalty.
    Actuallly that was ‘94.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don’t even know why this thread exists? There is no World Cup this year..........or at least no WC worth watching. Absolutely no point whatsoever having a WC Without Italy! No Italy, no party!
    Anyway, just to give myself a modicum of interest in this sham of a tournament, I shall be trying to cheer on my Mediterranean Cousins, y viva Espana!
    Italy and Holland will be a big void.

Last time England failed to qualify was in 1990 when Diana Ross/Baggio missed the penalty.
    Actuallly that was ‘94.
    Oh Yeah. Thanks.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I assumed you'd said 94 deliberately to jest and highlight your lack of football knowledge....

Alas no your football knowledge is at the same level as your boxing

On another note can you believe two weeks to go in this country and the world cup not getting rammed down our throats from every angle ??

Sign of the times.

Talking to parents at work it seems a lot of their kids - ages 8 to about 14 - are not even excited about it or fully aware of whats going on. Sad really. Back in my day you had the shirt the sticker album. Sigh....
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So..will you watch if England play? and if so would you consider yourself neutral or just support whoever is playing against us?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    So..will you watch if England play? and if so would you consider yourself neutral or just support whoever is playing against us?
    If nothing else is on and I’m watching the telly, i’ll Watch it, but I won’t go out of my way for it. Whether I’m neutral or supporting the opposition depends on how much the media and pundits start to whip up a frenzy of false hope and expectations.
    It has been later starting than usual, but i’ve Noticed it has started, and when the hype machine gets in full flow, I usually find it pretty arrogant and disrespectful.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    If nothing else is on and I’m watching the telly, i’ll Watch it, but I won’t go out of my way for it. Whether I’m neutral or supporting the opposition depends on how much the media and pundits start to whip up a frenzy of false hope and expectations.
    It has been later starting than usual, but i’ve Noticed it has started, and when the hype machine gets in full flow, I usually find it pretty arrogant and disrespectful.
    Arrogant and disrespectful towards who ? Do you mean English commentators not being neutral and getting behind their own team?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1978 Kempe’s – someone who I played football in the street with idolised him and we called him “ten pence”.
    1982 Brian Robson 28 second goal and England not losing any matches but knocked out. Brian Clough would have done a better job.
    1986 Maradona hand of god, he will always be better than Messi
    1990 Gazza crying, we should have won the cup, best team outside 1966 team
    1994 worst final ever
    1998 ZZ upset Ronaldo’s Brazil
    2002 Seaman is a plonker
    2006 Italy v Germany played the best match in semi-final but Rooney sent off planned by his winking team mate.
    2010 Rooney moaning at being booed but had been caught with prostitutes and Roy in charge after Capello walked away
    2014 Did not get out of group stages went out with a wimper.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1978 Kempe’s – someone who I played football in the street with idolised him and we called him “ten pence”.
    1982 Brian Robson 28 second goal and England not losing any matches but knocked out. Brian Clough would have done a better job.
    1994 worst final ever
    2002 Seaman is a plonker
    2006 Italy v Germany played the best match in semi-final but Rooney sent off planned by his winking team mate.
    2010 Rooney moaning at being booed but had been caught with prostitutes and Roy in charge after Capello walked away
    Brazil will win it and I hope the semi finalist is Nigeria, Senegal and Peru. I've changed my mind from France.

Nigeria

Senegal

Brazil

Peru

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

England have always had the unenviable task of being like the international Millwall that everyone really hates and yet are expected to perform like Barca, with any win or goal against England being celebrated by the opposition as though we had won every major competition since '66. With that kind of pressure and the ridiculous percentage of foreign players dominating not just the premiership but even the Championship now, getting to so may international competitions is an achievement in itself. It's weird but you watch all the Taffs and Jocks cheer on whoever is playing us as though that somehow makes up for them fucking it up again.
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

England ARE expected to compete, the fans SHOULD feel let down....England does have the talent, the players just don't make each other better. And let's get real here, Gareth Southgate....bruh.

The United States are expected to compete now'a'days, this next group of youngsters will eventually be special, but they're going to have to keep learning and growing together and keep getting regular playing time at their clubs.

England SHOULD be a lot better than they are.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DenilsonTheReturn View Post
    1994 worst final ever
    2002 Seaman is a plonker
    Brazil will win it and I hope the semi finalist is Nigeria, Senegal and Peru. I've changed my mind from France.

Nigeria

Senegal

Brazil

Peru

Careful you do not want to be supporting a team with too many Caucasian players in it.

El Kabong Guest

LOL denilson supporting Brazil......Brazil last country in the west to abolish slavery AND had about 40% of ALL the slaves sent to the Americas and Denilson is like "OOOOH I like them"

Also Brazil

El Kabong Guest

Awwwww well how on Earth could that be the case? Whatever could be responsible for there not being a peaceful national celebration of sport?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We are aware England should have achieved more over last twenty years. But the belief has all been used up by a bunch of multi millionaires whose effort came into question.

Ferdinand Lampard and Gerrard even said they didn't like to speak at training camps as didn't want to hear about club successes from the others. I mean give me a fucking break. But that ad probably the managers fault for not getting a team spirit.

Folding against the mighty Iceland was the biggest low. We can only get better but now many fans don't really care. And that's the saddest thing for me
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    We are aware England should have achieved more over last twenty years. But the belief has all been used up by a bunch of multi millionaires whose effort came into question.

Ferdinand Lampard and Gerrard even said they didn't like to speak at training camps as didn't want to hear about club successes from the others. I mean give me a fucking break. But that ad probably the managers fault for not getting a team spirit.

Folding against the mighty Iceland was the biggest low. We can only get better but now many fans don't really care. And that's the saddest thing for me
    Agreed but Hart has been dropped and he was at fault for Iceland and Wales goals.

Ashley Young said Southgate has got rid of the club cliques that was present 10 years ago.

Youngsters like Ali, Lingard, Sterling and Rashford supporting Kane will be exciting and we have Tunisia and Panama before Belgium so should have the group sorted by then.

Thread Information