Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Joshua Buatsi vs. Anthony Yarde: Hearn To Make "Big Offer"

Cracking domestic matchup and clash of styles, Buatsi has been calling for this recently so would love to see it.

Red hot division both domestically and on the world scene.

From what iv'e seen of Joshua Buatsi (iv'e followed him religiously since the Olympics in 2016) he's seriously impressed me and is the more complete fighter and a future World Champ in my opinion but Yarde possibly has the edge in power.

Promoter Eddie Hearn says he will be making a "big offer" for his man Joshua Buatsi (6-0, 4 KOs) to fight the Frank Warren promoted Anthony Yarde (15-0, 14 KOs) in the second half of 2018.
    The two British light heavyweights are pencilled in to fight one more time before the summer with Buatsi scheduled to be back out in July, while Yarde will return on June 23 at the O2 Arena, London as part of the Billy Joe Saunders-Martin Murray undercard.
    "We'll be making a big offer once we get through the summer and their next fights," Hearn told Boxing Scene.
    "He [Buatsi] wants to get moving. He really wants to fight Anthony Yarde. He's already approached me and said 'Can you make that fight?'"

Another name in the mix for Anthony Yarde is the British and Commonwealth light heavyweight champion Callum Johnson.
    "I made a huge offer for Callum Johnson to fight Yarde, in excess of six figures, and they said no because he's fighting on June 23," said Hearn. "But he didn't have an opponent, and he doesn't have an opponent, I don't believe, even at this stage. We'd even be willing for Callum Johnson to fight Yarde on the 23rd."
    Should the Buatsi-Yarde fight not materialise then Hearn has plans for the 25-year-old Ghanaian born Londoner to fight on a Matchroom USA show in September. Hearn's confidence in Buatsi has grown and grown, and is confident that the 2016 Olympic Games bronze medallist will be challenging for domestic and European titles by the end of the year.
    "Buatsi is just too good," Hearn added.
    "I rate Yarde, I think he's a talent but Buatsi is on another level. Again, if Frank [Warren] won't let Yarde fight on Sky I'm happy to look at Buatsi fighting on BT, if it means getting Buatsi that fight. He's one of those guys where I'm so confident in him beating people that, if we have to make a move like that to get the fight we want then so be it."
    Another Brit who could potentially make his U.S debut in September for Matchroom is former British and Commonwealth light heavyweight champion Hosea Burton. The 29-year-old lost his titles to Frank Buglioni in a thriller in 2016. After two defences Buglioni would come unstuck against Burton's gym-mate Callum Johnson in one round back in March.
    "Burton's a dangerous fight for anyone," said Hearn.
    "The problem Hosea's having is no-one really wants to fight him, because you're not really gaining anything by fighting Hosea Burton. He's going to have to jump into a fight where no-one really knows a lot about him. And that may come in America as well.
    "I really like the Burton-Buglioni rematch, and potentially make that for Callum Johnson's Commonwealth title. That's a great fight. I think a lot of people would like to see that fight and I think both guys are in a position where they need to take that fight really."
    Last summer it looked like Burton would take on Anthony Yarde in a British light heavyweight title eliminator. Sadly the fight never materialised. Nearly one year on and Hearn is still more than happy for Burton to take that fight.
    "Again, we would provide Hosea Burton for Yarde at virtually no cost, hardly, because I'm so confident of Burton in that fight as well. It's a really good fight. You can't keep turning down fights with no opponent. If he [Yarde] had a fight scheduled then I would say 'Fair enough'. But why not fight Burton, or why not fight Johnson? You're two in the world (with the WBO).What's the point in getting yourself ranked two in the world if you're not ready to fight anyone in the top 20?"

Last edited by smashup; 06-01-2018 at 03:31 AM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua Buatsi vs. Anthony Yarde: Hearn To Make "Big Offer"

I rate both guys very highly and with the right match making they can become world champions.

Buatsi is better technical fighter and has the all round game but Yarde has the "roy jones" unorthodox style to win.

Brilliant fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I rate both guys very highly and with the right match making they can become world champions.

Buatsi is better technical fighter and has the all round game but Yarde has the "roy jones" unorthodox style to win.

Brilliant fight.
    These are 2 good guys, and this is a great domestic match up, but you do realise the Light Heavyweight Division at World level is pretty damn high quality?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Brilliant fight.
    These are 2 good guys, and this is a great domestic match up, but you do realise the Light Heavyweight Division at World level is pretty damn high quality?

Buatsi is ranked something like 84 in the World with Yarde around 12 or 15 roughly i think? Buatsi asking for this fight after only 6 fights shows his self belief and iv'e been telling anyone who'll listen he's going all the way to the top.
    Clever fighter who has every punch in the book with brutal body shots and a sledgehammer jab, fights as well on the inside as he does at range.
    This kids special which is why Mayweather was after him and Anthony Joshua got him

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And for me this is potentially the best domestic fight we could see in 2018, 2 attacking undefeated young Brits with huge potential.

Let's just hope that the Warren v Hearn/ Sky v BT egos and politics don't get in the way of this one happening.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like what I see with Buatsi. Unusual for prospects to clash this early but I like to see it, when it does occur. Let's hope they can get it done.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Brilliant fight.

Buatsi is ranked something like 84 in the World with Yarde around 12 or 15 roughly i think? Buatsi asking for this fight after only 6 fights shows his self belief and iv'e been telling anyone who'll listen he's going all the way to the top.
    Clever fighter who has every punch in the book with brutal body shots and a sledgehammer jab, fights as well on the inside as he does at range.
    This kids special which is why Mayweather was after him and Anthony Joshua got him
    I thought he was with Eddie not AJ?

Normally the low ranked fighter wants to initiate the fight and the higher ranked fighter ducks the offer.

So Warren will turn this down.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ is his manager, Hearn promotes him.

Yarde is already saying "I want this fight but it's a further down the line fight"

Looks like Buatsi wants it way more than Yarde.

Last edited by smashup; 06-01-2018 at 03:26 AM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like both fighters, do not know who I will support.

Heard buatsi on radio 5 live and he came across really well and likeable. So became a fan of his.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah he's got his head screwed on Buatsi, after the 2016 Olympics he was getting offers from everyone, Mayweather, Warren, Hearn, the lot but he stalled all of them and went back to University to finish his degree.

His Jab is being likened to Ike Quarteys Bazooka jab by a lot of pundits and for me his 'in fighting' is a cross between Hagler and Holyfield - Put all that together you got a lethal fighting machine, more so if he proves to have a solid chin

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As we suspected......

Warren responded by saying: "What I suggest Eddie Hearn does is do what I'd do. He's moaning about nobody will fight Hosea Burton. So why doesn't he put Buatsi in with Hosea Burton and let the winner fight (British and Commonwealth light heavyweight champion) Callum Johnson? He's got those three fighters, and by the time those happen my guy [Yarde] is there and it'd be a big fight. And we'll make the winner of those three a big offer."

https://www.boxingscene.com/yarde-vs...mments--128647

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So Warren wants Eddie to let his 3 prospects fight and beat one another and then the winner fights Yarde.

Clever way to say, no.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It would be nice to see Yarde fight anyone half-decent with a little bit of ambition, his journeyman tour should be over by now. Giving Bivol the swerve is understandable but all that chasing the Buglioni fight to then swerve Johnson is ridiculous

This offer smells like Hearn advertising the big fights available to Yarde, maybe his deal with Frank is about to be up.
    Last edited by Fenster; 06-04-2018 at 10:10 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua vs Anthony?

Fuck that, I'd rather watch Wilder vs Deontay

Thread Information