Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mares vs Santa Cruz

Didn’t see a thread on this. I’m sure one must be around as I like to see both these guys fight. This Saturday, I still have time off so I’m gonna watch it, very much looking forward to it. It’s on showtime in the US which I got specifically for the Broner fight and I was just about to cancel it till I remembered this fight. Keep it on for another week, Showtime channel, shit for movies but good for boxing
    Last edited by walrus; 06-01-2018 at 08:03 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mares vs Santa Cruz

It’s on next Saturday not this Saturday. But I’m excited. I like both fighters. I’ve always liked Mares a lot though. Mares has seemed to be more willing to stick to the gameplan lately rather than just brawling.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was a big Mares fan but I didn't like they way they avoided the Gonzalez rematch, it probably worked out better for Mares to go another route but they dragged it out and mucked Gonzalez around.

I hope Mares is able to make the necessary adjustments, I'm sure it will be another fight full of punches. Mares needs to be a little more creative with his aggression, rather than rushing in and getting caught on the way in. I think it'll be rather close. Heart wants Mares (that sounds kinda gay (no offense to anyone haha), head says Santa Cruz.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mares started like a house of fire the last time he fought LSC but came short. Thing the same thing will happen again. It was a good action packed fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    It’s on next Saturday not this Saturday. But I’m excited. I like both fighters. I’ve always liked Mares a lot though. Mares has seemed to be more willing to stick to the gameplan lately rather than just brawling.
    Oh shit I didn’t realize that I thought it was this Saturday. I’ll probably back to work by then, I guess it’ll be YouTube

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn this really sucks I really thought it was this week, damn that pisses me off

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Damn this really sucks I really thought it was this week, damn that pisses me off
    Perhaps the fighters will cancel their show and put it on a week early for you. I am sure the spectators will be willing to change their plans and attend this week.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Perhaps the fighters will cancel their show and put it on a week early for you. I am sure the spectators will be willing to change their plans and attend this week.
    Master if u could work that out I would very much appreciate it. There are people like me who work fucked up schedules and have a hard time seeing live boxing. I don’t see why these people can’t think of me once in a while

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Master if u could work that out I would very much appreciate it. There are people like me who work fucked up schedules and have a hard time seeing live boxing. I don’t see why these people can’t think of me once in a while
    They said if you asked earlier they would have re-scheduled for you but the late notice makes it impossible as Mares needs the extra weeks training.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just don't know why I'm so negative on Mares. Might be the time he tried to neuter Agbeko in the ring. This should be a nice scrap and is very much under the radar. Leo has to be one of the more likable guys in the sport today and has shown solid improvement and adaptability and think he'll take it over 12.

Talk about likable...Austin Trout. Look I'm glad he's getting another shot and always a true professional. But actually worried about him a bit at this stage vs a Charlo with a chip on his shoulder.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I just don't know why I'm so negative on Mares. Might be the time he tried to neuter Agbeko in the ring. This should be a nice scrap and is very much under the radar. Leo has to be one of the more likable guys in the sport today and has shown solid improvement and adaptability and think he'll take it over 12.

Talk about likable...Austin Trout. Look I'm glad he's getting another shot and always a true professional. But actually worried about him a bit at this stage vs a Charlo with a chip on his shoulder.
    Agreed, always loved Trout he got screwed in the Canelo fight. I really like Mares as well. He always wants to excite the fans and seems like a decent guy in interviews

Thread Information