Thread: Showtime: Santa Cruz v Mares II and Charlo v Trout / Crawford-Horn

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Showtime: Santa Cruz v Mares II and Charlo v Trout / Crawford-Horn

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I'm not entirely convinced Jermell beats Hurd, but it's a fight I want to see. Trout is still good enough to hang in there with these guys, I think he has another couple of good fights in him.

Mares fought a much better fight I though. It aws another good scrap. I had it about 7-5 Santa Cruz.

It kind of sucked having the 2 cards clash, I hate when that happens. Trying to watch 2 fights at once is annoying.

Crawford is a magnificent fighter. I can only dream of a Crawford/ Spence fight. I don't think it's the end for Horn but he's at a lower level to the elite.
    You shouldn't be convinced Charlo beats Hurd, Hurd is the more proven fighter. But I think Hurd's style is more suited to Charlo than Trouts. Charlo wants to get off big shots. That's easier when your target is right there. The question is if those big shots are big enough to slows Hurd's own work down. Fascinating fight.

While we all day how great Crawford is I still wonder if he is greater than we recognize. Dude can fight amazing southpaw or orthodox. Not just in sports but can fight a whole fight however he chooses at world championship level. Like Hagler. It's remarkable

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really want to see Charlo fight Hurd, but I honestly don’t think that Hurd has a big chance to win. Styles make fights. I think that Charlo uses his one twos on him the whole fight. Hurd is very easy to be hit and Charlo won’t take long breaks like Lara did.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Crawford is good, but Horn flattered him a lot. Horn's accuracy and combination punching were awful. I really think it tells us more about where Manny is than anything else. I like Horn a lot, but he was shown up somewhat. He is a Katsidis level fighter and there is no shame in that.

Crawford needs to fight the best WW's now. This was not particularly meaningful.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Most of the top welters are with Haymon, Crawford may have to face Vargas, or Benavidez while waiting for that to pan out. I hope Spence keeps to his word and comes afters Crawford's belt.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Crawford is good, but Horn flattered him a lot. Horn's accuracy and combination punching were awful. I really think it tells us more about where Manny is than anything else. I like Horn a lot, but he was shown up somewhat. He is a Katsidis level fighter and there is no shame in that.

Crawford needs to fight the best WW's now. This was not particularly meaningful.
    Manny beat Horn

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Crawford is a very good fighter. He has gone up the weights with ease and easily beating decent fighters. Horn was brave but Crawford made him look very limited. Crawford would stop Manny Pac and it is lucky for Manny that they never did fight one another.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

I think Crawford is a very good fighter. He has gone up the weights with ease and easily beating decent fighters. Horn was brave but Crawford made him look very limited. Crawford would stop Manny Pac and it is lucky for Manny that they never did fight one another.
    No luck involved, Manny knew better. That's why he priced himself out.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well the fight was pretty much a starter for the weight class more then anything. The fact that he made Horn look as bad as he did I think is pretty good sign for Crawford at the weight it shows promise I think.

Thread Information