Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  25
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deontay Wilder ACCEPTS Anthony Joshua terms with REMATCH CLAUSE for 2018 UK CLASH

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Deontay Wilder ACCEPTS Anthony Joshua terms with REMATCH CLAUSE for 2018 UK CLASH

Deontay Wilder’s co-manager Shelly Finkel has announced they have accepted an offer from Eddie Hearn to fight Anthony Joshua in the UK and are awaiting a contract from Joshua to confirm the mega-fight.

Speaking exclusively to World Boxing News, Finkel has stated the fight, if agreed on Joshua’s side, will take place towards the backend of the summer.
    “The story is very simple and that is Deontay Wilder today, accepted the terms that Anthony Joshua’s team gave us," Finkel exclusively told World Boxing News in an interview on Monday.
    "If for any reason Anthony changes his mind and wants to fight in the U.S, the $50m offer we have made to him is still there. It’s now in Joshua’s court.
    "It will take place in the UK either September or October according to Eddie Hearn."
    On how the agreement came about from Wilder's side, Finkel added: “They gave us an offer, we were hoping they’d accept the U.S offer instead because there’s so much money but instead since they haven’t we’ve decided that if you don’t want $50m then we’re willing to come the UK and take your offer.
    "Hopefully, we’ll get an answer in the next day or two. Deontay wrote to Joshua and said ‘Hey, I accept your offer, let’s fight in the UK.’
    “I met with Barry a week ago and have been on the phone to himself and Eddie regularly this week. We want the fight next, we're waiting for the contract and we’re ready to go.”
    And the legendary boxing manager and promoter confirmed there is a rematch clause inside the contract for another fight between the pair Stateside.
    Finkel said: “That was in the offer, yes. They asked for the rematch to be in place, so we’ve agreed to it.
    "We got two big punchers, big men, undefeated and have knocked out each opponent apart from one on each side – it’s a humungous fight.
    "I talk to Deontay late at night and if he’s out I hear people in the background asking when this fight is happening, and I imagine Joshua is experiencing that even more so," he concluded.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Deontay Wilder ACCEPTS Anthony Joshua terms with REMATCH CLAUSE for 2018 UK CLASH

Good. Hopefully there are no more hang ups.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Deontay Wilder ACCEPTS Anthony Joshua terms with REMATCH CLAUSE for 2018 UK CLASH

“Dear Anthony Joshua Fans,
    Since your acting Dumb, Delusional or just plain Stupid here you go…. BREAKING NEWS
    The $50M offer for Joshua to fight me next in the U.S. is still available to him if he wants it. In addition to that, today I agreed to their offer to fight Joshua next in the U.K. If Joshua prefers the fight in the U.K., the ball is in their court. It’s up to them to choose U.S. or U.K.
    I’M IN!”
    https://www.boxingnewsandviews.com/2018/06/11/wilder-accepts-offer/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course they'll accept Hearn offer as the $50 millon was just a negotiating tactic with no money acutally there.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just chatting on facebook with my brother who see's it like this.....

I think aj wins in a war I havent seen wilder proper tested and have to pull himself off the canvas like Joshua has and then to come back in explosive fashion as he did against Klitchko so that tips it to AJ for me

Its a good point really and i agree, we know for fact that Josh can take a massive Knockdown, get up and fire back, we've never seen WIlder be hit that hard yet and what he'll do when he is.

Ortiz had him all over the place but he was gifted a extra 30 seconds to recover.

With that in mind you have to give AJ the slight edge i think

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So what happens if Josh has already agreed and signed contracts to fight his mandatory against Povetkin?

Can that be reversed?

Knowing the fight game and how dodgy it can be i'd hope it could be

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ should be favoured to win but since both are huge punchers with suspect chins, the winner will be the one who can hold his shit together.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ hasn't signed to fight Povetkin because Povetkin's people are eager to go to purse bid. Is AJ willing to go to Russia to avoid Wilder is the question.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    So what happens if Josh has already agreed and signed contracts to fight his mandatory against Povetkin?

Can that be reversed?

Knowing the fight game and how dodgy it can be i'd hope it could be
    Povetkin will get some "step a side money" to allow this fight(s) to happen. Getting paid millions for sitting around and watching your future opponents beat the crap out of each other and you get the left overs is a dream come true.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe wilder has got worried & realised that without AJ he is in the wilderness. Or more likely its more bullsh!t

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder will knock him out. He doesn't care, he wants that scalp. Joshua will try and plod his way to winning rounds but once Wilder unloads it is goodnight. Wilder is too clever, athletic, powerful and fast. Joshua couldn't even beat an older Wlad as good as Fury and has forgotten how to stop opponents. He has gone as far as he can. Wilder is the man. Plus he is more likable not being media trained. Just has to bide his time, not get caught, wait for the gas, then KABOOM!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

pick 'em fight for me

bring it on
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

‘I spoke to AJ and Rob McCracken this morning and obviously we saw Deontay Wilder’s stuff on social media,’ Hearn told Sky Sports. ‘It’s great that he’s come back to us. We made this offer about four weeks ago and I don’t know if he’s come back because he’s heard we’re close to closing the [Alexander] Povetkin fight or whether he wants the fight, but either way he’s going to be getting a contract from us ASAP.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bit harsh saying they've got dodgy chins Master. I think both of their chins are just fine. Are they Oliver McCall fine? No, just regular human being fine.

I still have it a 50/50 fight. Someone is getting clattered though.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A dodgy chin as far as I'm concerned is someone who doesn't get up. in the Heavyweights anyone can knock anyone down. Tyson was down a few times but look at the shots he took off Lennox as an example. Yeah he was counted out but fuck me he could take a clump.

Thread Information