Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  25
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Deontay Wilder ACCEPTS Anthony Joshua terms with REMATCH CLAUSE for 2018 UK CLASH

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Deontay Wilder ACCEPTS Anthony Joshua terms with REMATCH CLAUSE for 2018 UK CLASH

Eddie says they won’t let Wilder hold up the fight. So my question, where is the contract that you said you could do “In a matter of hours” yet asked for days and is now 2 days late and counting? Get this thing done if you want it!

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Deontay Wilder ACCEPTS Anthony Joshua terms with REMATCH CLAUSE for 2018 UK CLASH

Still not official.

The truth is, Wilder does not want to fight Joshua in the UK, he's more comfortable fighting journeymen like Szpilka and Washington (or shot fighters like Arreola) in his home country. Maybe his managers and promoter want him to take the fight for the big money, but I think Deontay is scared to death of being KOed and humiliated by the far better fighter Anthony Joshua.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Still not official.

The truth is, Wilder does not want to fight Joshua in the UK, he's more comfortable fighting journeymen like Szpilka and Washington (or shot fighters like Arreola) in his home country. Maybe his managers and promoter want him to take the fight for the big money, but I think Deontay is scared to death of being KOed and humiliated by the far better fighter Anthony Joshua.
    Wilder may have piss poor technique and boxing skill but he is not afraid of AJ. Wilder was on the plane to fight Povetkin, who may have been on drugs like Drago was, so going to UK will be nothing in comparison.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Eddie says they won’t let Wilder hold up the fight. So my question, where is the contract that you said you could do “In a matter of hours” yet asked for days and is now 2 days late and counting? Get this thing done if you want it!
    Now, I’ve kept quiet because I’m not sure what the truth is, but you’re pretty certain team Wilder don’t have the contract? There’s not the slightest chance that they have the contract but haven’t signed it?
    Ah, thought not.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Now, I’ve kept quiet because I’m not sure what the truth is, but you’re pretty certain team Wilder don’t have the contract? There’s not the slightest chance that they have the contract but haven’t signed it?
    Ah, thought not.
    Can’t find one piece saying the contract is sent, can you? Eddie isn’t one to be quiet

For all your snark I would love love love for you to show me an article

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just saw something that said more progress is being made whatever that means. Back a few years ago I would have assumed the fight wouldn’t happen, but the past year or two has surprised me and most of the big fights end up being made. I think they will figure it out.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I just saw something that said more progress is being made whatever that means. Back a few years ago I would have assumed the fight wouldn’t happen, but the past year or two has surprised me and most of the big fights end up being made. I think they will figure it out.
    Don’t need progress if there is a contract

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Wilder may have piss poor technique and boxing skill but he is not afraid of AJ. Wilder was on the plane to fight Povetkin, who may have been on drugs like Drago was, so going to UK will be nothing in comparison.
    As I recall, Wilder was very reluctant to go to Russia.

The microscopic trace of something that had been legal a few months before (something not even a steroid) was not "drugs like Drago".

But it gave Wilder what he wanted: an excuse to not go ahead with the fight.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ah, thought not.
    Can’t find one piece saying the contract is sent, can you? Eddie isn’t one to be quiet

Yep, Wilder isn’t “one to be quiet” either as your precious google link shows. I can’t find one piece that says Eddie hasn’t sent the contract apart from good ol’ Bomb squad. Can you?
    My point is that Until everything comes to light , I don’t know. But I’m always prepared to see both sides, and judge on what I see. This is where we differ.
    You just want to twist everything to suit what you want to believe and ignore anything to the contrary.
    With reference to your pathetic little “snark” jibe, I feel my point of view is far more balanced and what is really “snarky” is when someone says “oh, I just want the fight to happen and I want AJ to win,” when you clearly don’t . Or , “oh I like GGG,” when you haven’t got the balls to say you don’t like him , because it’s probably for non-boxing reasons.
    Now that, my pedigree chum, is SNARKY.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ah, thought not.

Yep, Wilder isn’t “one to be quiet” either as your precious google link shows. I can’t find one piece that says Eddie hasn’t sent the contract apart from good ol’ Bomb squad. Can you?
    My point is that Until everything comes to light , I don’t know. But I’m always prepared to see both sides, and judge on what I see. This is where we differ.
    You just want to twist everything to suit what you want to believe and ignore anything to the contrary.
    With reference to your pathetic little “snark” jibe, I feel my point of view is far more balanced and what is really “snarky” is when someone says “oh, I just want the fight to happen and I want AJ to win,” when you clearly don’t . Or , “oh I like GGG,” when you haven’t got the balls to say you don’t like him , because it’s probably for non-boxing reasons.
    Haha, you’re playing pretend.

Where can you find me saying I like GGG? I’ve said I liked him, that went away when I saw him lie. Same with AJ.

Go ahead, I’ll wait. Show me.

Show where I have ever said I was a fan of Wilder. Show where I have ever said I don’t like Joshua. My history is all here right? Show it or don’t follow Eddie and lie to suit your purposes.

The only 2 reasons I have to dislike AJ are recent when he has shown how corporate and fake he is and 2 that he is perfectly comfortable watching the man in charge of his career lie. If he was a stand up dude he would stand up.

Now you show what you say has value, find me saying I like GGG or am a fan. I was, many moons ago before his lies came out. But am not. Try and show your words to be true though.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ah, thought not.

Where can you find me saying I like GGG? I’ve said I liked him, that went away when I saw him lie. Same with AJ.

Show where I have ever said I was a fan of Wilder. Show where I have ever said I don’t like Joshua. My history is all here right? Show it or don’t follow Eddie and lie to suit your purposes.

The only 2 reasons I have to dislike AJ are recent when he has shown how corporate and fake he is and 2 that he is perfectly comfortable watching the man in charge of his career lie. If he was a stand up dude he would stand up.

Now you show what you say has value, find me saying I like GGG or am a fan. I was, many moons ago before his lies came out. But am not. Try and show your words to be true though.
    "Where can you find me saying I like GGG? I’ve said I liked him"

uh, there you go.
    I have no desire to go through your previous history , same as you get pissy when I ask you questions you don't like and go missing for days on end until another thread comes up and you divert your drivel to that . like I said , it's not "What you said" , it's what you didn't say. now , I'm not interested in your snidy snakey comments, like I said all along , I go with the FACTS and then form an opinion. whereas you post links that even you don't believe and are certainly not kosher to prove your tenuous points.
    all we know is that Hearn said Wilder would have a contract by Friday. and that's it. we don't know where any delay is yet.
    now, I could easily cut and paste this comment below to prove Hearn right , but it is only a small excerpt from a long interview and could be misleading . but that wouldn't stop you .
    ""The Wilder fight is 100 percent happening," Hearn said. "The max you're going to have to wait is seven or eight months. But hopefully you might have to wait three or four months. I'm almost certain this gets signed."
    as I said , that is just an example , but I hold as much stock on that as I do some of the shit Wilder comes out with.
    So in a nutshell, let's wait and see, because we're not fortunate enough to be close enough to the matter to see who's right and who's wrong at this moment in time.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shut up you idiots. I’m gunna lick wilder and AJ, then you are next. Contracts are in the mail, baby!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ah, thought not.

"Where can you find me saying I like GGG? I’ve said I liked him"

uh, there you go.
    I have no desire to go through your previous history , same as you get pissy when I ask you questions you don't like and go missing for days on end until another thread comes up and you divert your drivel to that . like I said , it's not "What you said" , it's what you didn't say. now , I'm not interested in your snidy snakey comments, like I said all along , I go with the FACTS and then form an opinion. whereas you post links that even you don't believe and are certainly not kosher to prove your tenuous points.
    all we know is that Hearn said Wilder would have a contract by Friday. and that's it. we don't know where any delay is yet.
    now, I could easily cut and paste this comment below to prove Hearn right , but it is only a small excerpt from a long interview and could be misleading . but that wouldn't stop you .
    ""The Wilder fight is 100 percent happening," Hearn said. "The max you're going to have to wait is seven or eight months. But hopefully you might have to wait three or four months. I'm almost certain this gets signed."
    as I said , that is just an example , but I hold as much stock on that as I do some of the shit Wilder comes out with.
    So in a nutshell, let's wait and see, because we're not fortunate enough to be close enough to the matter to see who's right and who's wrong at this moment in time.
    So you say I say things and because you know it isn't true you say you won't go searching, convenient. Or are you going to pretend you are so dull as to not understand tenses? You put a quote that doesn't prove your point at all. Just makes you look uneducated to a 3rd grade level. "Where can you find me saying I like GGG(present tense), I've said I liked him(past tense)." We got the language from you people. How is it you don't know how the language works? Those two are not the same thing. Either you know that and you were trying to BS or you’re dull.

[Edit, although it’s already clear or you wouldn’t have needed to cut out why I don’t like him anymore]

I go away because it turns into BS piled on BS. You got snarky, I responded to your snark simply by calling it snark and you turned this all about me by saying things that weren't true. And you think you're in the right? Maybe you should simply step up and admit the reality of what happened here. Show some balls and class so we can move on. Or come back with more insults and we can keep going down the rabbit hole.
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 06-19-2018 at 07:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    As I recall, Wilder was very reluctant to go to Russia.

The microscopic trace of something that had been legal a few months before (something not even a steroid) was not "drugs like Drago".

But it gave Wilder what he wanted: an excuse to not go ahead with the fight.
    Hey leave me outta this

Thread Information