Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you think of sport hunting?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What do you think of sport hunting?

A well fed fat cat would not normally kill a bird/mouse for food. They would play, train and torture it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    The only other creatures besides humans that kill for the love of killing are house cats.

RIP my little friend.
    Not sure if I 100% agree with that...scalewise I do because domesticated cats are amazingly good at killing but Chimps kill for no fucking reason, dogs will kill and then not know what to do with the carcass sometimes but that I think is more down to breeding it's like the dog knows it's SUPPOSED to do something and then it snaps out of it and is all "What the fuck do I do now?".

Cats can be a pain in the ass, luckily all our cat has done is off a few garden snakes, tee tiny little things, but I quite like snakes even the small ones as they'll protect our garden from various critters.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wolves, mountain lions and bears have all been known to kill hundreds of sheep and not eat a bit of them. Especially wolves. And they are also big on eating things alive.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    I think that's exactly what Lyle was saying mate

I'm sure I've told you this already but we had 6 chickens in the back garden. They were good layers but more pets really, just an added bonus that the eggs they produced were fucking amazing.

Going back a few months 4 of them got killed by a fox. One of them taken, 3 of them just ripped to bits. I think if I'd have caught it in the act I would have kicked it to pieces or bludgeoned it to death with a shovel.

I decide I'm going to get a gun, I'm killing the fucker. Then time passes, I heal a little bit, but the fox is still a prick, so I downgrade to my sons airsoft (BB) riffle. Wont kill it, but a head shot will liven the fucker up.

Anyway. I'm patient. I wait night after night for some noise in the garden. Sure enough there the fucker is, just coming over the fence. I quickly grab the gun, the battery falls out but I maintain composure. I have one shot, right in the noggin, it yelps and fucks off back to where it came from double quick.

I go to bed like I'm Andy McNabb or summat.
    That's my boy, good shot bud! Next time though why don't you just try a bear trap?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I believe in reincarnation and I believe animals have souls and when you eat an animal you could be eating your great-grandfather or your great-grandmother

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Memphis you have every right to protect your chickens but I don’t think it’s cool to purposefully maim an animal. Either let it be or put it down I don’t like to see anything suffer. I tagged along with some friends hunting in Maine they put a bullet in a deer and didn’t put it down it was me who had to track it all day to finish the poor thing off so it didn’t suffer a slow death

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone who kills a lion should be shot.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It’s Far less sad if it’s an animal which isn’t threatened or endangered, but I still don’t get the appeal. Was just watching something about rhinos and how they are being poached into extinction because morons still think their horns have medicinal properties. It’s made of the same thing your fingernails are. People have already wiped out most of the megafauna that’s ever lived among us, and if you’re talking a long time ago, or even today in more tribal areas then it’s one thing. that people will pay loads of money to travel somewhere just to kill rare and beautiful animals they know damn well there are barely any left of though? Pathetic.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fuck these people. Pretty much the extent of it.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    It’s Far less sad if it’s an animal which isn’t threatened or endangered, but I still don’t get the appeal. Was just watching something about rhinos and how they are being poached into extinction because morons still think their horns have medicinal properties. It’s made of the same thing your fingernails are. People have already wiped out most of the megafauna that’s ever lived among us, and if you’re talking a long time ago, or even today in more tribal areas then it’s one thing. that people will pay loads of money to travel somewhere just to kill rare and beautiful animals they know damn well there are barely any left of though? Pathetic.
    Pretty much why I stick to deer and dove mostly. There's plenty of those to go around. I wouldn't mind duck or turkey hunting though, we'll see what I end up doing.

Eventually I'd like to go out west and see Buffalo and Antelope and Big Horn Sheep or up north and see Elk and Caribou and Moose....and of course Bears, Black Bears are like big raccoons but Brown Bears/Grizzlies get HUGE and then there's Kodiak bears which I am sure are also very impressive. Just going out in nature and seeing these animals is a majestic experience. I'm not sure if I'd go out there to hunt (those animals all have healthy populations now, very excited the buffalo are back!), and I sure wouldn't hunt a bear either...wild boar I'd hunt, but I wouldn't want to use dogs to do that, it's dangerous for them.

Hell this past deer season I was sat out there freezing my ass off and waiting and waiting and waiting and trying my damnedest not to fall asleep and then like a four legged ninja this buck just trots through the woods without making a sound right through my shooting path before I could even level my rifle but my feelings weren't of anger or disappointment from not getting a shot off (I'm not shooting unless I'm 100% certain it's a clean and clear shot, and I've already had my rifle sighted in so the round is going specifically where I'm aiming and nowhere else) I felt blessed to share the same space with such a wonderful creature who didn't even notice I was there.

Now after that you might ask "Well if you're so in awe of the animal why would you hunt to begin with?" ....because it's absolutely the best healthiest meat you can get, it's healthy for me and my family as well as the environment and rest of the deer population.

Hell I didn't even kill a groundhog that was eating up my garden, I trapped it and moved it to a park, so when it comes to hunting I like to conduct myself in an ethical way at least I think it's ethical and it's ethical as defined by the state laws as well.

The whole 'Great White Hunter' deal has been played out by the 1940's...though Hemingway and Rourke and other assholes tried to keep that going.

Also while we're at it....long line fishing is SHIT, that's probably one of the most worthless things humans do right there.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've read that bear is incredibly good, depending on what the bear has been eating. A diet of berries leads to a flavorful bear, while a diet of fish means you should pass on that bear.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    @Memphis you have every right to protect your chickens but I don’t think it’s cool to purposefully maim an animal. Either let it be or put it down I don’t like to see anything suffer. I tagged along with some friends hunting in Maine they put a bullet in a deer and didn’t put it down it was me who had to track it all day to finish the poor thing off so it didn’t suffer a slow death
    It was a plastic BB gun dude, basically a supercharged toy

I took one in the face with no mask on, hurt like fuck, bit of a welt but no permanent damage. It scared the fox, little more.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    I've read that bear is incredibly good, depending on what the bear has been eating. A diet of berries leads to a flavorful bear, while a diet of fish means you should pass on that bear.
    Most times I have eaten bear I've had it as a roast...you have to cook it properly or else it's like trying to eat rubber bands. It's very tasty, but again I don't think I could bring myself to shoot one and then clean one...whew boy that is some work right there

Thread Information