Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Albert Einstein's diaries contain shocking details of his racism

From Fox news:

Einstein diaries reveal shocking private thoughts on race

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/...is-racism.html

The diaries were written between October 1922 and March 1923. In one entry Einstein wrote that the “Chinese don’t sit on benches while eating but squat like Europeans do when they relieve themselves out in the leafy woods. All this occurs quietly and demurely. Even the children are spiritless and look obtuse.”

Speaking about the “abundance of offspring” and the “fecundity” of the Chinese, he continued: “It would be a pity if these Chinese supplant all other races. For the likes of us the mere thought is unspeakably dreary.”

Einstein also derided the people of Ceylon, which is now known as Sri Lanka. In Ceylon, he wrote, the locals “live in great filth and considerable stench at ground level,” before adding they “do little, and need little. The simple economic cycle of life.”

Einstein also gave his thoughts on Japanese people, who he viewed in a more positive light, calling them "unostentatious, decent, altogether very appealing.”

Speaking with The Guardian, the book's editor Ze'ev Rosenkranz said that Einstein's views were not intended for public consumption and provide a shock to those who read them.

“I think a lot of comments strike us as pretty unpleasant – what he says about the Chinese in particular," Rosenkranz told The Guardian. “They’re kind of in contrast to the public image of the great humanitarian icon. I think it’s quite a shock to read those and contrast them with his more public statements. They’re more off guard, he didn’t intend them for publication.”

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Albert Einstein's diaries contain shocking details of his racism

It was generally a very racist society in those days so it shouldn't surprise us much.

Even scientists and the elite of the elite had very weird views of other races and countries but you wouldn't expect any better as it was mainly white people from the old continent who were doing science and spreading their culture —which I think was the key factor; so the rest were seen as lower on the racial ladder.

But what a racist bastard anyway.

PS. I can imagine a street-name stripping campaign already.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't see anything wrong with any of those comments.

There should not ever be any laws against saying things like that.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was Einstein racist? Travel diaries reveal shocking truth about physicist’s views on Asians

In manuscripts Einstein shared his travel impressions about art, politics, science, philosophy and ultimately, racial equality. In striking contradiction with his later statements, the Nobel Prize laureate wrote down thoughts on racial stereotypes, insisting that some races not only could not equate to others, but were inferior to them.

He described the Chinese as “industrious, filthy, obtuse” and “a peculiar herd-like nation,” that, according to Einstein, posed threat to other nations. “It would be a pity if these Chinese supplant all other races,” he wrote. “For the likes of us the mere thought is unspeakably dreary.”

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't really have an issue with people making comments like these. I hear them all the time about the Japanese over here and you hear all the the time comments about the bad English teeth, tattoo's and beer bellies. It doesn't bother me because I have nice teeth, am thin and would never get a tattoo. Get over it, move on.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People should be allowed to call any human being from any race any name or any kind of animal or any sound whether it is a grunting sound a whistling sound a growling sound a singing sound a talkin or a shouting sound every animal from an aardvark all the way down to a zebra from A to Z

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I mean it was a personal diary. Different times and actually a sense of public v private consumption. That's long gone now. Name a social media platform and people put their vile knuckle dragging crap right out their with no shame.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I mean it was a personal diary. Different times and actually a sense of public v private consumption. That's long gone now. Name a social media platform and people put their vile knuckle dragging crap right out their with no shame.
    Exactly Spicoli period exactly. Damn we agreed on something

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Exactly Spicoli period exactly. Damn we agreed on something
    Right on queue . We'd be floored if we saw the inner thoughts of different generations.

We're these auctioned off?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah really I agree on that too. It's like comparing different boxes of different Generations it's like trying to say could Jack Dempsey really lay down and ass whooping on somebody like Evander Holyfield. It's different times different philosophies different perspectives. They want to dredge up a statue that was built in 1871 and make an issue out of it in 2018. Talk about an anachronism talk about something which is so out of kilter and out of whack it's like going back and demolishing the pyramids in Egypt because slaves helped to build them

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh but I'm speaking more to the basic availability, inundation, of personal individual information and basic everyday observations. Today we've really lost the idea of 'not knowing' everything and having some mystery to one another. Now with a Dempsey and Holyfield there's physical facts and a record of performance to run on. Structures and representations or statues imbody a point in history. One that regardless of what I feel about them still feel it's misguided to try to erase them from historical fact and basically rob others of forming their own opinion and more importantly delving into a topic and learning something new. Shit that was long winded.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Okay I think I get where you're coming from. Yeah we can compare the statistics in the facts of Jack Dempsey and Evander Holyfield but you're talking more about everyday observations and stuff. If you can give me some examples I can try to understand that a little bit better ....like what for example? When you say a little bit of Mystery what exactly are you referring to?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deer, bird, horse, tiger, monkey, .....who cares?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's acting like a dog.....NO PROBLEM

he's acting like a cow......NO PROBLEM

he's acting like a camel..... NO PROB

he's acting like a monkey...... DATS RACIST!!!

TO SJW GOVERNMENTS::: BULLSHIT

YOU will not CENSOR my speech.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Okay I think I get where you're coming from. Yeah we can compare the statistics in the facts of Jack Dempsey and Evander Holyfield but you're talking more about everyday observations and stuff. If you can give me some examples I can try to understand that a little bit better ....like what for example? When you say a little bit of Mystery what exactly are you referring to?
    Einstein and generations were much more socially isolated, and that's not always a bad thing. Some of his personal thoughts may not be so shocking as they were simply unknown with no avenue or need to spout them every 24 hrs for complete strangers. People don't even keep diary's today and if they did do you think such info would be withheld or that hard to decipher through basic sharing.

and to keep it simple Holyfield tko 4 Dempsey as much as I hate to say it . Stand over a downed guy and jump them rules aside .

Thread Information