Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Golovkin v Canelo 2 CONFIRMED

Let's see how well Canelo does without his "Spinach" ..... i hope GGG smashes him to pieces

Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez to face Gennady Golovkin in rescheduled rematch on September 15

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news...n-september-15

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Golovkin v Canelo 2 CONFIRMED

"I’m happy to inform that we have a fight September 15!!!! #CaneloGGG2," wrote promoter Oscar De La Hoya, who recently took to social media to announce that a deal has been reached for a highly-anticipated September 15 rematch beween multi-division world champion Canelo Alvarez and undefeated middleweigth champion Gennady Golovkin. The news comes just hours after Golovkin turned down what was thought to be a "final" 42.5% offer from Golden Boy Promotions.

Throughout the day, De La Hoya had been taunting Golovkin on social media, urging him to accept the offer before the alleged 12PM PT deadline. Just moments before the deadline, however, Golovkin's promoter, Tom Loeffler, informed Golden Boy Promotions president Eric Gomez that they would be declining the proposed 57.5-42.5 split. It was then that a supposed "Hail Mary" pitch was made and the two sides came to an agreement on terms that have not been disclosed. Regardless of how it came about, fans will be pleased to know that Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin will meet at T-Mobile Arena on September 15 to determine the true king of the middleweight division.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I give zero fucks about this fight

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I give zero fucks about this fight

Why?

Regardless of Canelo cheating it was still a great fight, don't you wanna see justice and GGG beating the shit out of the cheating Ginger cunt?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unbelievable that Alvarez' team seem to be dictating the deal ..... they are the challengers, coming off a robbery decision with a drug cheat. they have been messing Golovkin around, and also cost him millions already.

I really feel for GGG in this, and I hope he knocks Alvarez out cold.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

57.5 - 42.5 ?? WTF......

Oh well..... I guess GGG "won" the battle of not settling for 60/40...... LMFAO.

So GBP threw another 2.5 in there while still ensuring that the real champion gets scraps.

Please nobody bore me with how many million that is. It's still a slap in the face to the true, NON-CHEATING champion.

But GGG accepted it.

Now he'd better dump Ginger Boy on his tainted ass to pay back some of that humiliation he's suffered at the negotiating table.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would have liked to see GGG fight some of the other middleweights, he's been fighting to get to these types of purses, so it seemed obvious he was going to make this fight. I hope it works out for him.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don’t fault GGG for following the money even though there were better fights for him. It is what it is. I will forgive him fully if he comes into this fight to knockout Canelo. I don’t want to see boxing. I want to see big shots thrown with the intention to put Canelo to sleep.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure how they have the nerve to say this decided anything about the MW division. 2 years this division has been held up on this meaningless fight. Make that money while everyone else fights for the belts you won't defend against the superior fighters. F this, these two deserve each other. I hope after this GGG decides he finally wants to be a fighter but I expect him to retire.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really having acid reflux just trying to worked up for anything that gives that cheating Chucky doll a decent payday. I'll believe it happens when we're closer . And the cut to fractions is ridiculous, apparently Oscar and block head also play games with numbers not only for catchweights but purse cuts too. Little odd to turn down offer one final time only to come back with Oscar not needing to add to the pot? Still would have loved to see Golovkin go fingers up (2) to Oscar and immediately turn to some other top tier challengers. Almost has the feel of Golovkin knowing he's not long for the sport.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Really having acid reflux just trying to worked up for anything that gives that cheating Chucky doll a decent payday. I'll believe it happens when we're closer . And the cut to fractions is ridiculous, apparently Oscar and block head also play games with numbers not only for catchweights but purse cuts too. Little odd to turn down offer one final time only to come back with Oscar not needing to add to the pot? Still would have loved to see Golovkin go fingers up (2) to Oscar and immediately turn to some other top tier challengers. Almost has the feel of Golovkin knowing he's not long for the sport.
    I think maybe that is the case. GGG is really a very old fighter and he is starting to look older in and out of the ring. His hair is definitely going and he doesn't look so baby faced anymore. He is perhaps similar to where Calzaghe was at 36 with his hair thinning somewhat too and looking a bit older. Maybe GGG can shine a couple more times. Who knows. Calzaghe had the sense to get out while at the top. Most fighters are not so clever. Canelo, as much as I dislike him, is unlikely to be blasted out of there. He is cagey and fights in spurts, GGG is likely going to need to go 12 hard rounds again and he knows if he gets sloppy the judges will likely go against him. It's not going to be easy. To hell with Canelo, I hope his eyebrows fall off.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG has "right" on his side, Canelo is the "bad guy" in this and the fight will be good.

Excellent fight and any other fighter in GGG position would have done the same.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wonder how Billy Joe Saunders hamstring feels now?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    I wonder how Billy Joe Saunders hamstring feels now?
    Probably fine enough to fight Murray.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a complete fucking joke! how the fuck can this cunt and his clown outfit of a team even negotiate upcoming fights while he's fucking banned? so in reality, a 6 month ban is infact a 3 month ban , because he can do a 3 month camp to prepare for the minute his ban is up!
    in other sports, when you're banned, you're not allowed even to train with your club . It's a meaningless fight anyway! 2 years ago it might've meant something, but there are other guys more relevant at the top of the division.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Thread Information