Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will Spence be avoided like Golovkin was?

Share/Bookmark
    Addicted to_boxing Guest

Default Re: Will Spence be avoided like Golovkin was?

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Spence is gonna get his fights. I feel he will test Canelo one day within the next two years. Crawford will also be in the offing, but I feel it is not ripe yet to make mega bucks.

Thurman, Garcia, Andrade and Charlo are also fights that can be made. Porter too.

I don't see Porter ducking Spence. I also think Garcia would take the fight for the right amount of money. The Crawford fight is a MUST happen, more so than a Thurman fight.
    GGG has not been avoided.he.has avoided challenges. Look at his 10 year record. He has been happy being undefeated. Until Jacobs and Canelo with only Canelo being only big money fight at end of career. GGG also unfortunate to have poor pool of opponents to choose from. Many of today's Champions have fought and won at multiple weight classes . GGG is too much of a coward.
    Back to Spence he wants money and fame and is no coward. In addition he has better pool of opponents.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Coward?

Behave yourself. Triple G is far from a coward.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Think Spence is already in that boat.

GGG was only avoided by Martinez and Cotto, Canelo just waited him out. It’s hard to call it avoiding when Canelo has agreed to the fight 3 times now. But waiting, sure.

Where as Spence has been calling out the top guys(Thurman specifically )since 2015. We’re at year 4, already longer than Canelo waited out GGG

Bone spurs is a condition, not an injury as claimed. Surgery is elective. And he chose to time the surgery specifically to avoid. He knew no matter who won Brook/Spence people would call for him to fight the winner, that’s why he chose to have the surgery the week of that fight. It’s no coincidence he had spurs for years and chose to have surgery that week

If you're gonna claim Spence is being avoided by Thurman while saying GGG wasn't avoided by Canelo, I guess we're just gonna have to disagree. I guess you must've forgot how Canelo desperately tried to drag GGG to 154, claiming he himself was not a middleweight. This is about the time when DLH coined the infamous "marinating" term. After a time of avoiding (yes.... that's exactly what he was doing), Canelo forgot he wasn't a middleweight and took a fight with Chavez Jr. at the whopping weight of 170. Oops. There goes the weight excuse. After fans caught on that Canelo could've been fighting at middleweight for YEARS, Canelo had no choice but to agree to fight GGG at 160. But I guess we'll just call that "waiting him out". Meanwhile, Spence may have been "calling the top guys out" since 2015, but he's been a world champion since only last year. Which means there's a relevancy factor that can't be overlooked here. On the other hand, Canelo has had some sort of world championship belt for almost a decade..... and has been physically capable of fighting at 160 for almost that long. So excuse me if we don't share your view on Canelo not avoiding GGG.

Thread Information