Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Landlord sold house June 15, says new owner wants us (and him) out June 30!! wtf

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Landlord sold house June 15, says new owner wants us (and him) out June 30!! wtf

we knew he was selling since March, he kept saying get ready, maybe it will close in april, then April he'd say its still in process, so we still had April and May, then in May he said its delaying. so we still had May, and also June. When we met hhim June 1st to see what the update was, I said USE OUR DEPOSIT FOR JUNE AND WE'LL MOVE OUT JUNE 30, but he said OH NO, ITS STILL IN PROGRESS, YOU WILL HAVE JULY ALSO TO STAY, EVEN IF WE FINALIZE/CLOSE THE SALE DURING JUNE, so we figured ok, same old story, plus it would give us more time to find a new apartment. so we paid for June and planned to use our sec. dep. for July.

suddenly June 12 we get a text from him, WE NEED TO TALK TO YOU GUYS NOW. so I thought wtf is this,....he comes to the door and says WE JUST FOUND OUT, THE HOUSE CLOSING IIS THIS FRIDAY JUNE 15, THE NEW OWNEER WANTS US ALL OUT BY END OF JUNE.

I SAID "I ASKED YOU ABOUT THAT POSSIBILITY AND YOU SAID WE WILL HAVE JULY ALSO TO STAY, EVEN IF YOU FINALIZE/CLOSE THE SALE DURING JUNE"

He said I KNOW BUT THE NEW OWNER IS ASKING FOR IT LIKE THAT NOW, EVEN WE (THE SELLER) MUST GO

I said thats only 18 days notice, then he grudgingly said we technically have until July 15 if we cant find a place by end of June. but he said he would prefer if we left by end of june so he could "give us our whole sec dep back whereas if we stayed til July 15 we would only get half our deposit back"...........WTF DOES HE CARE? HE SOLD THE HOUSE ALREADY.

to complicate this, we had already paid for a 5 day NC vacation June 26-June 30, which I told him later that night. we have to try to find a new apartment BEFORE we go on vacation!!! wtf

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Landlord sold house June 15, says new owner wants us (and him) out June 30!! wtf

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    we knew he was selling since March, he kept saying get ready, maybe it will close in april, then April he'd say its still in process, so we still had April and May, then in May he said its delaying. so we still had May, and also June. When we met hhim June 1st to see what the update was, I said USE OUR DEPOSIT FOR JUNE AND WE'LL MOVE OUT JUNE 30, but he said OH NO, ITS STILL IN PROGRESS, YOU WILL HAVE JULY ALSO TO STAY, EVEN IF WE FINALIZE/CLOSE THE SALE DURING JUNE, so we figured ok, same old story, plus it would give us more time to find a new apartment. so we paid for June and planned to use our sec. dep. for July.

suddenly June 12 we get a text from him, WE NEED TO TALK TO YOU GUYS NOW. so I thought wtf is this,....he comes to the door and says WE JUST FOUND OUT, THE HOUSE CLOSING IIS THIS FRIDAY JUNE 15, THE NEW OWNEER WANTS US ALL OUT BY END OF JUNE.

I SAID "I ASKED YOU ABOUT THAT POSSIBILITY AND YOU SAID WE WILL HAVE JULY ALSO TO STAY, EVEN IF YOU FINALIZE/CLOSE THE SALE DURING JUNE"

He said I KNOW BUT THE NEW OWNER IS ASKING FOR IT LIKE THAT NOW, EVEN WE (THE SELLER) MUST GO

I said thats only 18 days notice, then he grudgingly said we technically have until July 15 if we cant find a place by end of June. but he said he would prefer if we left by end of june so he could "give us our whole sec dep back whereas if we stayed til July 15 we would only get half our deposit back"...........WTF DOES HE CARE? HE SOLD THE HOUSE ALREADY.

to complicate this, we had already paid for a 5 day NC vacation June 26-June 30, which I told him later that night. we have to try to find a new apartment BEFORE we go on vacation!!! wtf
    Wtf u stalking me I’m gonna be in NC June 19-28. Who told u cause u gotta be full of doo doo on that one. Go to nj tenants rights website laws vary too much state to state but if u have to go to court over it you look as white as any other white Italian so you will be taken care of.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Landlord sold house June 15, says new owner wants us (and him) out June 30!! wtf

How can they sell and then boot you if you already with a contract with the original owner? Surely there are laws, regulations and procedures for that kind of thing. Refuse to leave. Squat. Write a letter to Trump. Know your rights.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Set fire to the property, take the mindset of "if you can't live there then no one else can"

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We've been here for 2 years now. Initially we signed a one-year contract and when we completed that one year contract we went on a month-to-month basis. The laws in New Jersey are if you are on a month-to-month lease then you are entitled to 30 days notice. So since the closing was on June 15th we are legally entitled to stay here until July 15th. We paid cash for June and he is holding one month security deposit. We will use half of our deposit to stay for half of July and then he has to refund half of our deposit when we move out in the middle of July. For some reason he is saying that he prefers or maybe because his English sucks so bad he is saying that the new owner prefers that everybody goes out on the 1st of July. But the new owner should easily know that everyone gets 30 days notice. So this week we are going to try our best to find a new place for July 1st but we have to leave on June 25th to go on our vacation and I'm not coming back until the morning of July 1st. If we don't find a place by June 25th I'm going to tell the ex-landlord who is still living upstairs, that we did not find a place yet and we are going on vacation and will definitely need the first half of July. I don't care if he is happy about that or not he only gave us 18 days notice after promising us that we would have July to stay here when we pay the rent on June 1st. I don't care if he made some kind of a deal with the new owner to get out by the 1st of July because that's a deal he made about him and his family but he can't go and make any deals about me and my family behind my back. He grudgingly admitted but didn't really want to say it but I got him to admit that legally we get until July 15th because legally in the state of New Jersey you have to get 30 days notice

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing is his wife told my wife yesterday that the new owner is now requiring them to pay rent for the upstairs of the house for the rest of this month. So I don't understand why the ex landlord even cares when we leave, since he is no longer the owner as of last Friday and is in fact paying rent now to the new owner until he himself finds a new place to live

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am wondering if I have the legal right to contact the new owner. I guess I will have to ask my ex landlord for the guys phone number or something

Thread Information