User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bruno vs Haye: Who would win?

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Bruno vs Haye: Who would win?

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    And if Tyson went into a fight with Bruno looking to initially be defensive as Haye probably would, Frank wouldn’t lay a glove on him either. Besides Tyson already had Bruno going at that point. He wasn’t concerned about no defence.
    Well that's not Tyson's style at all so I mean yeah could be different I guess. Bruno vs Lennox Lewis, Lennox wasn't even seemingly interested in the fight at all early on and Bruno did good work on him before eventually getting caught and I think that's the crux right there....if Bruno could do the work without getting caught...Haye would have to follow up on him of course and he could be wild in doing that which is why I think Bruno catches him even if Haye hurts Bruno. I think it could have been a Graham vs Jackson kind of fight where it's boxing lesson, boxing lesson, boxing lesson, oopsy goodnight sweetheart.

I don't think (had they been around in the same era) that Haye would have fought Bruno. Let's say that at the time Haye went after Valuev that instead of Valuev with the title it was Bruno....I think if that were the case he'd go directly after Wladimir because a power punching heavyweight would have completely exposed him and it would have ruined his career. I think he only took on Valuev and Ruiz is because it garnered him more money in a fight vs Wlad...had Valuev or Ruiz been dangerous he wouldn't have fought them.

David Haye really fucked his own career up, no one to blame but himself. He still achieved some big things, and he was a top class athlete, but he fucked himself over.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

David Haye
    What can I say
    A lump of clay
    No Cassius was he
    His pinky toe
    Woe woe woe!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have posted this a few times over the years but I always think of the what might have been for Frank had Jumbo Cummings landed a few seconds earlier in first

Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

El Kabong Guest

The fights for Haye that make me think a bit are as follows: RJJ, James Toney, Evander Holyfield, Dwight Qawi, Joe Mesi, Bert Cooper, James Tillis, Michael Moorer, Tony Tucker, Michael Dokes, Razor Ruddock, Povetkin, Odlanier Solis, Sam Peter, Chris Byrd, Jameel McCline, Vassily Jirov, Oleg Maskaev, Hasim Rahman.

When I think of Haye I think of a lot of the "tweeners" the guys who are too big for 175 or cruiser but not really big enough to be THE heavyweight.....guys like Qawi or Eddie Mustafa Muhammad. I think there are guys who are a lot tougher than Haye a lot more dedicated to the sport than Haye but some not as athletically gifted. Some of the fighters listed are true heavyweights but they are slightly lacking except Holyfield he didn't lack for anything. Out of these Haye vs Moorer is one I think would be the most exciting and the best "What if" because both were great athletes, both had dodgey chins, both had big power, both had handspeed and both had at times (no disrespect meant) questionable hearts for the sport of boxing.

For Frank Bruno I think of competition for him more of the TRUE heavyweights: George Foreman, Larry Holmes, Joe Frazier, Evander Holyfield, Tommy Morrison, Razor Rudduck, Riddick Bowe, Wladimir, Vitali, Andrew Golota, Lamon Brewster, Hasim Rahman, Oleg Maskaev, Chris Byrd, Michael Dokes, David Tua, Ray Mercer, and Michael Grant.

I think Frank was an excellent puncher, not too quick on his feet, a little stiff, but he would sit down on his shots and they'd do damage. I think he had trouble (as most do) when he was stunned by a punch, but I think his chin was pretty durable, you didn't see him sparked with 1 shot it was usually 1 big punch and a flurry to follow up which would put him down. I think it would have been interesting to see him work with a pure boxer like Byrd or Dokes who would make Bruno give chase and it would be very interesting to see how he dealt with the speed and counters much more so than just pure power. Out of these I think the BEST most intriguing fight is Bruno vs Golota or Bruno vs Morrison....all were chinny when stunned, all had good power, all good sized heavyweights, and all a LITTLE too inconsistent in their eras to ever be THE man of the division but they were very good.

For Bruno vs Haye it's all about Haye's ability to stick to a classic hit and don't get hit boxing game plan, and for Bruno it's about landing clean on the smaller guy and not getting caught while attempting to do that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    And if Tyson went into a fight with Bruno looking to initially be defensive as Haye probably would, Frank wouldn’t lay a glove on him either. Besides Tyson already had Bruno going at that point. He wasn’t concerned about no defence.
    Well that's not Tyson's style at all so I mean yeah could be different I guess. Bruno vs Lennox Lewis, Lennox wasn't even seemingly interested in the fight at all early on and Bruno did good work on him before eventually getting caught and I think that's the crux right there....if Bruno could do the work without getting caught...Haye would have to follow up on him of course and he could be wild in doing that which is why I think Bruno catches him even if Haye hurts Bruno. I think it could have been a Graham vs Jackson kind of fight where it's boxing lesson, boxing lesson, boxing lesson, oopsy goodnight sweetheart.

I don't think (had they been around in the same era) that Haye would have fought Bruno. Let's say that at the time Haye went after Valuev that instead of Valuev with the title it was Bruno....I think if that were the case he'd go directly after Wladimir because a power punching heavyweight would have completely exposed him and it would have ruined his career. I think he only took on Valuev and Ruiz is because it garnered him more money in a fight vs Wlad...had Valuev or Ruiz been dangerous he wouldn't have fought them.

David Haye really fucked his own career up, no one to blame but himself. He still achieved some big things, and he was a top class athlete, but he fucked himself over.
    Yup to all.

Thread Information