Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default So Whats Going On With Vargas?

I know he is out with a bad back, but does anybody know when he is comming back? or if he is going to comeback?
    Hidden Content
    Ani hu sheshokhen betokh Cain
    Ego sum quis habitavit in Nerone
    Mia fora katoikese mesa se Ioudas
    Ich war mit Legion
    Ana Belial
    And I am Lucifer, The devil in the flesh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re:So Whats Going On With Vargas?

haven't heard much, but I think he's fighting at middleweight now.
    &quot;WE ARE HERE TO HELP EACH OTHER GET THROUGH THIS THING, WHATEVER IT IS&quot;<br /><br />Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re:So Whats Going On With Vargas?

Here you go....this is the latest news I've seen:
    Vargas Likely Done for 2004
    By Orlando Rios, Jr.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fernando Vargas
    It was recently reported by the Ventura County Star, that the anti-inflammatory drugs being used by Fernando Vargas to help quell his bulging L-5 disk, have more or less failed, forcing Vargas to take another set of medications and pills, and likely sideling the Ferocious One for the 2004 boxing year.

According to the Star, Vargas will begin taking new medication for his back and is scheduled to be re-examined in August or September with other possible options ranging from cortisone shots to surgery as a last resort. Surgery could however, put an end to the boxing career of Fernando Vargas.

Vargas has stood firm in saying that he would not return to the ring until he felt fully healthy telling Maxboxing’s Steve Kim back in February, “I'm not going to step into the ring with anybody if I'm not going to be 110-percent”.

And this might be the best option for Fernando Vargas. At 26, Vargas can afford to take a year or two off to heal his back while still maintaining his hold as one of the top contenders in the game. And perhaps the Vargas buzz might be even stronger after a year or two absence from the game, much as it did with Felix Trinidad, who last fought in May of 2002 and returns to the ring in October to fight Ricardo Mayorga.

While boxing fans probably won’t be seeing Fernando Vargas in the ring anytime soon, they might be seeing Fernando Vargas, Businessman outside the ring. Vargas has been keeping busy outside the ring with his communication’s business, Fernando Vargas Total Communication, has worked on several Miller Lite TV ads, and is in preparation for the release of his new clothing line, Nawshis.

Although there is still a possibility that Vargas could return late in 2004, that doesn’t appear likely. So while the middleweight division heats up the second half of the year, it might not, at least for the 2004 year, include Fernando Vargas in the mix.

Thread Information