Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: July 4th my favorite

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Yeah the 4th is a great time my entire neighborhood will come together for fireworks. People will have cookouts, my wife will be at work so I might just have a nice bourbon and smoke and just chill out.
    Dude so true. My neighbors just saw the tents being put up and asked what I was doing I told them it’s a 4th party and your welcome to stop by. He said he would be out of town but just gave me and my party guests access to his in ground pool. His only stipulation was no young kids use it without adults watching. Damn what a nice guy. They just finished that pool last month. Well I did agree to feed his dogs while he’s gone for a few days which isn’t a bad trade. It’s strange, we have about 15 houses around me and my wife and I go to our twice yearly neighborhood block parties. It’s probably the friendliest place I’ve ever lived.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    An acre in a "backyard?" What the funk do you call a garden then? A Farm? And you live in a place where the cops come to supervise a party? I always thought those remote American lifestyles were more fiction than reality. Cool.
    That's Walrus,
    Tall Tales,
    Police pals
    And jails,
    But that pales
    In comparison to Wales
    Where 75 Strawberry Lane entails
    A bucket of Oreos, blowjob, and snails

El Kabong Guest

An acre in a "backyard?" What the funk do you call a garden then? A Farm? And you live in a place where the cops come to supervise a party? I always thought those remote American lifestyles were more fiction than reality. Cool.
    There are 11 states in America that cover more area than England and in some states in the US you might have miles between neighbors...it's easy to forget such things. The big roomy states are typically out west and there's a reason they are so spacious, climate and terrain can be hostile for example. There are some absolutely gorgeous places in America (as I am sure there are amazing beautiful places in England as well).

I live in a decent sized city and have a yard that is roughly half an acre...it's a bitch to mow, but the space will be worth it once we've got everything we want in the space...we might be obtaining some bees soon. We are going to get chickens as well and of course you need space to do such things. If it was up to me my next home would be a farm with lots of acreage so I can hunt AND farm....would be nice, but it's going to take a while to get there.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is a big deal in Butte too. The parade used to be, years ago, a big deal but these days there's no floats and such. The city puts on a very nice fireworks show; since fireworks are readily available, there are usually several private shows to match it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are 11 states in America that cover more area than England and in some states in the US you might have miles between neighbors...it's easy to forget such things. The big roomy states are typically out west and there's a reason they are so spacious, climate and terrain can be hostile for example. There are some absolutely gorgeous places in America (as I am sure there are amazing beautiful places in England as well).

I live in a decent sized city and have a yard that is roughly half an acre...it's a bitch to mow, but the space will be worth it once we've got everything we want in the space...we might be obtaining some bees soon. We are going to get chickens as well and of course you need space to do such things. If it was up to me my next home would be a farm with lots of acreage so I can hunt AND farm....would be nice, but it's going to take a while to get there.

A half an acre yard to me would be the equivalent of owning the local park, my garden is probably half the size of your laundry room. Most people where I live don't even have a tiny garden, to get an allotment it takes around 25 years.

It's a claustrophobic hell hole.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A half an acre yard to me would be the equivalent of owning the local park, my garden is probably half the size of your laundry room. Most people where I live don't even have a tiny garden, to get an allotment it takes around 25 years.

It's a claustrophobic hell hole.
    let me tell u this one @Fenster I have new neighbors across the street who built a dream home they designed themselves and just moved in last year. It’s 4,000 square feet on two full acres. They are in the early thirties with two small children. They had a house warming party and invited us. They gave me a tour and they got Italian marble in the place and the most beautiful furniture. I noticed all the appliance are the top notch stuff. Now here is the kicker, there is an open lot adjacent the their home which is another two acres. It’s a corner lot surrounded by woods so that would usually give it a premium price. I can’t tell u exactly how much that plot of land is as I didn’t look it up but it has to be near 100,000USD. They are in the process of buying that two acre plot of land so no one can build a house near them and damper the dream home they built. They own a bobcat which you probably know is like a small bucket loader. The bobcat it self I looked up as I drive one at work and without attachments they are close to 100,000 USD then they got the bucket attachments for which would probably add another 30,000USD or so. Now don’t get me wrong that’s not very common. The rental house I own one town over sits on .25 acre but it is quite amazing what the neighbors are doing. These people are not pompous at all. Now you could head to upstate NY or Maine and buy a little house with 20 to 40 acres or more for less than my neighbor is paying for that empty two acre lot.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fenster, have more respect for your country ( yeah America sounds far better).

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Fenster, have more respect for your country ( yeah America sounds far better).
    Don’t forget we have some real tough places in the country and way too much #diversity

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I live in a major city where we're packed like sardines and it's now the norm for a dozen adults to live in a two bedroom flat, however, you can drive literally 30 minutes and be in a different world, beautiful remote English villages, nothing but green as far as you can see, medieval village/churches, and the heavenly silence of tweeting birds and running streams, then go a little further to the coast and inbetween the seaside towns which are now unrecognisable third world countries and posh London elite touristy spots, you can find beautiful beaches/coast.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just keep slinging burgers and potato salad (red-skins in) laugh loud and hosting goes just fine. 35 is bukuu people though, I wouldn't cater to more than 12 but maybe I'm selfish . The 4th is always a bit understated as far as holidays. We're big on smaller bon fires and traditional fireworks watching on the levees courtesy of Riverfront shows and barges. City is big on celebrations and fair amount of parades. Depending on what Parish or street you call home falling bullets can also be a pain. Seriously wherever you live don't be an asshole firing into the sky. What goes up must come down.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Just keep slinging burgers and potato salad (red-skins in) laugh loud and hosting goes just fine. 35 is bukuu people though, I wouldn't cater to more than 12 but maybe I'm selfish . The 4th is always a bit understated as far as holidays. We're big on smaller bon fires and traditional fireworks watching on the levees courtesy of Riverfront shows and barges. City is big on celebrations and fair amount of parades. Depending on what Parish or street you call home falling bullets can also be a pain. Seriously wherever you live don't be an asshole firing into the sky. What goes up must come down.
    So quick question....your potato salad....

What is your shtoyle? (style)

A Field Guide to the Potato Salad Styles of the World
    https://www.chowhound.com/food-news/...-of-the-world/

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Getting close to party time

Mentioned