Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hurricane Beryl........ kindly go straight to HELL. Thanks.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hurricane Beryl........ kindly go straight to HELL. Thanks.

So there's a little hurricane heading NW across the South Atlantic and headed for the Caribbean.

Forecasts have its path to the south of Puerto Rico, and probable degradation to tropical storm strength but I honestly would prefer the damn making a sharp right turn and heading toward the North Pole, where all hurricanes should go to die.

People here, still smarting and reeling from Maria last year, are flocking to fill their gas tanks and stock up on food and water.

I'm keeping a low profile, since we already had some water stocked and my small generator has been duly maintained since last year.

But damn, is this tiresome.

After a Cat 5 strike, you hope never to see one again for at least 50 years, which is unreasonable I know, seeing as to how we're in Hurricane Alley. But for now I'll take one or two years without incident.

If Beryl continues its projected path, it'll just give us a lot of rain, which in as of itself could wreak a lot of havoc in some areas. I just hope the basic services are not interrupted. For me, two months without electricity last year was quite enough.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hurricane Beryl........ kindly go straight to HELL. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    So there's a little hurricane heading NW across the South Atlantic and headed for the Caribbean.

Forecasts have its path to the south of Puerto Rico, and probable degradation to tropical storm strength but I honestly would prefer the damn making a sharp right turn and heading toward the North Pole, where all hurricanes should go to die.

People here, still smarting and reeling from Maria last year, are flocking to fill their gas tanks and stock up on food and water.

I'm keeping a low profile, since we already had some water stocked and my small generator has been duly maintained since last year.

But damn, is this tiresome.

After a Cat 5 strike, you hope never to see one again for at least 50 years, which is unreasonable I know, seeing as to how we're in Hurricane Alley. But for now I'll take one or two years without incident.

If Beryl continues its projected path, it'll just give us a lot of rain, which in as of itself could wreak a lot of havoc in some areas. I just hope the basic services are not interrupted. For me, two months without electricity last year was quite enough.
    Two months oh snap I went three days no power during that freak tornado that hit us and I thought that was bad. Hang tight, may the four winds blow you safely home.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks bro. From your mouth to God's ears.

El Kabong Guest

Hunker down my friend! I too am hoping that such storms leave you well alone.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't believe before Hugo in '89 people actually wanted to SEE what a hurricane was like here.

Well...... been there done that, and if I never see one again it'll be too soon.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eyes on the sky and ear to the wind bud. Think you guys will make out fine with this one but pays to be prepared. I learned very quickly living with our chin hanging in the Gulf that after a major hit you never ever write off lesser hurricanes or even tropical storms. Hurricane season similar to a boxer..it punches in combination! Hunker down and stay safe. And ffs who names anything "Beryl" . Seriously what is that. I wouldn't name a cat Beryl.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks man.

Damn right about hurricanes punching in combination. Last year was the perfect example. Irma brushed us and knocked down trees and electrical power...... then Maria came barreling through for the KO two weeks later...... the ol' one-two.

I hate that we seem to be in this active cycle, and longing for the down part of that cycle, where you might get 4-5 hurricanes in a year, none of them major.

I don't want to blame climate change.... but it seems these years things have been much more active than before.

LOL about Beryl. Won't strike fear into too many people with that name..... Personally, it's the G's through the N's that scare the hell out of me, seeing as to how they normally occur in the height of hurricane season.

Got some family birthdays in September, so I won't be too harsh on it..... but damn that is a scary month for us.

El Kabong Guest

I can't believe before Hugo in '89 people actually wanted to SEE what a hurricane was like here.

Well...... been there done that, and if I never see one again it'll be too soon.
    If it was Class 2 or lower we had actual hurricane parties at my university.....good times my man

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

If it was Class 2 or lower we had actual hurricane parties at my university.....good times my man

Apparently it's gonna come closer than expected, but weaker. Lots of rain, maybe some gusts.... hopefully not more than that.

Did I mention I hate hurricanes?

El Kabong Guest

Get a keg and some snacks, have a little get together lol

Thread Information