Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Interactions with your friends

I was thinking about this as I was fortunate to hook up with two friends I haven’t seen in a while. One is my boxing buddy with whom I get together for all the big ppv fights. The other is my Puerto Rican buddy and favorite coworker who got fired a month ago as they watched the surveillance tapes of me doing dangerous jobs alone which led to my injuries. I covered for him because I knew he had some family issues but he would sleep sometimes for 10 hours of a twelve hour shift. I told him he may want to stop that but he didn’t. All my other buddies are good and we go hiking and help each other do cars and houses. Anyway we all treat us other decently. My buddy gezim from albiania is Muslim but we never argue about it but he tells me how Catholics and Muslims live together in peace. Anyway, we never argue, even with my never trump friends I don’t argue, if we do we will chill and agree to get back to it later when we are calm. Religion is interesting to talk on, especially with a Muslim. We just have to be adults and have respect each other. He gave me a pocket Koran which I’ve read a bit of. One of my black friends loves to argue about slavery. I always tell him I got something to do or just runaway which he finds very funny. When I was younger I’d argue religion, politics or anything else, I find the trump haters got nothing more than he is racist. How do you interact? Do you think it’s cool to keep things cool and respect your buddies. There is so much to talk about and I’m sick of drama I just want to enjoy my buddies company

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Interactions with your friends

Let me say I do love arguing here but I think u see most of it is sarcasm master can attest if I go overboard I will apologize as I did one time to him

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Me and all of my friends are white, there is quite a contrast of views amongst us though.

Being that we are all from the same area it's easy to see each others point of view.

We tend to just complain and bitch about everyone and anything regardless of race colour or creed, we are quite a hateful bunch in general I suppose.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have no real friends now the last were when I played football but the best were in school, college and university.

I would not consider work colleagues as friends more associates.

My cousins are my friends now as we meet up on family occasions.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

I've got different groups of friends all who have different views on life they are a very diverse set of people, diverse in who they are and diverse in what they think. I typically don't tend to argue with my friends as we're friends and unless we have an actual disagreement there's no need to argue. I've got PLENTY of friends who are the political opposite of me...typically we don't talk politics we'll talk family or soccer or football or hockey or baseball or movies or music or food or booze or cigars or business or ponder hypothetical questions.

I'm really quite easy to get along with in the day to day life as I am sure many on here are.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All my friends are either Indians or Guyanese Indians and a few Libyans and Armenians. I don't have any white friends at all. Over the years I tried to have white friends but it just didn't work out for some reason it's a different vibe and I can't really understand it. I'm not being sarcastic. the white people who I tried to be friends with tended to just talk about pets and cats and dogs all the time and talk about their cars and talk about other kinds of dilly dallying and kinds of busy body tinkering about the garage or tinkering about the house. I just can't relate to it as I have never owned a house and I don't really think I want to. there is no hidden meaning to any of this in case anyone here is thinking that. I literally mean this and it has happened at least 20 or 30 times with different people over the past let's say 20 years or so.

The friends I have now are 90% Indians from India. Hindus from Guyana probably make up the other 10%. The number of Armenians and Libyans though they are very close friends for a long time now really only totals about six or seven people from that group.

Our conversations are 100% consisting of India and Indian politics and Hinduism and Islam and how the United States and the UK over the past three or four hundred years let's see has really destroy the world with its colonialism and slavery. and even though colonialism and slavery have now been outlawed it is still taking place but on a more subtle level like on the financial level or on the global banking level.

Listening to conversations about new kitchen cabinets being put in or new lawn mowers or how the suspension on people's cars needed to be adjusted just doesn't do anything for me. Our conversations are largely about gastronomy and exercise and theology.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess I thought of this as this week I ran into two people I lost touch with, made me think

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to say russians are good friends to have. My wife had a coworker who came here from Russia, we became good friends. I shit you not this guy had connections for everything. I’m ninety percent sure his brother was Russian mob. He has a place in the diamond district in NYC and anytime I have needed anything this dude gets it at a price that shouldn’t be possible and when I ask he just says “no worry, no worry” and that ends any further questions I might have. The dude has a couple tatts on his neck, prob been to a Russian prison.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see hundreds of those kinds of Russians everyday that is nothing out of the ordinary over here

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I have to say russians are good friends to have. My wife had a coworker who came here from Russia, we became good friends. I shit you not this guy had connections for everything. I’m ninety percent sure his brother was Russian mob. He has a place in the diamond district in NYC and anytime I have needed anything this dude gets it at a price that shouldn’t be possible and when I ask he just says “no worry, no worry” and that ends any further questions I might have. The dude has a couple tatts on his neck, prob been to a Russian prison.
    He is clearly not a good person. Do not hang around with him. Do not be another Donald Trump.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    He is clearly not a good person. Do not hang around with him. Do not be another Donald Trump.
    It’s not him I hang out with it’s his brother who is a clean cut engineer. We only see dimitry, the crazy one in the city and not frequently but he is a very funny guy. Maybe I should hang out with him more as soon Russia and the US will be one and dominate the world

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    It’s not him I hang out with it’s his brother who is a clean cut engineer. We only see dimitry, the crazy one in the city and not frequently but he is a very funny guy. Maybe I should hang out with him more as soon Russia and the US will be one and dominate the world
    Russia will take over the USA.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You cunt for disliking my post.

I will negative rep you if you do that again.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Friends . What do you think we're doing here most days anyway . Really I find most I talk to today...really talk to not just hey how are ya...are friends from back in the days. Old work or school friends who have usually seen you at your best and at your worst. Being honest I've always kept people at arms length early on but once you're in then its bond. Somedays stand offish like a prick and somedays you cant get me to shut up. Have never been into big scenes or popular crowds and my tight friends I can count on maybe two hands. That said I've always hung out or talked to anyone and probably comes from youth when raised military so you move all the time. One year you're in white as rice suburbia and the next you're being bused into a gated bungalow school surrounded by 19 yr old cholo sophomores with full mustaches and hair nets. I've workmen on crews where no English was spoken and I've worked in clinics where I'm the only dude surrounded by 10-15 females. I've partied with gay straight and lesbian and never took time to ask for someone's tribal I.D to decide if they were cool. One year we met a massive cast who did Rocky Horror picture show and that was an eye opener. 20+ lived in a huge house by the theater and a couple of us would drop by to buy crappy weed and pocket cheap beers on the weekends. Not a straight person in the place and not our type of hang out but after being kicked out initially because 'you three look like skins' we actually got to know some well. Where I live now I see a melting pot from creole, Vietnamese, black, white to depending where you go downtown even some WTFs. People are people and who am I to judge. If you can get by my weird shit, occasional glare and bad metaphors then I'll buy you a beer. Life's too short.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I have to say it worked quite well. I blanked out my mind with the new dude and started fresh. I had to pry around a little to find a common interest but it seems he likes movies so we were able to talk about the old classics and from there I let go of my resentments and turned things around. In my defense numerous people complain about this guy, he is loquacious to the point where you might consider putting a bullet in your head or find other ways to numb yourself. I would consider drinking at work but somehow I became a featherweight with alcohol. It’s as during the week I still have a caseload of schizophrenics/bipolar a few years ago I had one come at me with a butcher knife he had stopped taking his meds and was completely psychotic. I had overnight become an assasin to take him out as he was a double secret CIA agent, mind you this dude had been in our program for years and never had a prob with him. That’s how intense schizophrenia is. I didn’t get stabbed that day so it worked out. The reason I bring it up is I can deal with all kinds of behaviors from all different clients but when I get to my weekend job I have a guy who drives me crazy. At the end of the shift I caught myself becoming annoyed and being abrupt but I was aware and took a few deep breathers and centered myself. It is only he and I running a 85000 sqft building so to have me being miserable all-night just ain’t gonna be worth it. He already told me a few hardluck stories and he went through some tough times so it’s all good. Gotta look at the big picture we are all walking wounded one way or another

Thread Information