Thread: Eddie Hearn reveals planned dates for Khan v Brook and Usyk v Bellew

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Eddie Hearn reveals planned dates for Khan v Brook and Usyk v Bellew

Eddie Hearn reveals planned dates for Amir Khan v Kell Brook and Oleksandr Usyk v Tony Bellew

Eddie Hearn has revealed his target dates for two major fights that he hopes to make this year.

A welterweight/super-welterweight clash between Amir Khan and Kell Brook has seemed a realistic prospect since 2014, but is yet to come to fruition.

Meanwhile undisputed cruiserweight champion Oleksandr Usyk recently called out Britain’s own Tony Bellew, with the pair eyeing a giant clash in the coming months.

Matchroom Boxing promoter Hearn told IFLTV on Saturday night that he wants to make both bouts happen in November and December 2018.

November 10 is the earmarked date for Usyk v Bellew.

If agreed, that fight would take place in the UK, though no specific venue has yet been rumoured.

December 1 or December 8 are the two target dates for Amir Khan v Kell Brook.

If agreed, that fight would take place at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff.

His full ideal schedule for the remainder of 2018 is:

September 8: Amir Khan v Samuel Vargas (Birmingham)

September 22: Anthony Joshua v Alexander Povetkin (London, live on talkSPORT)

October 6: Artur Beterbiev v Callum Johnson (Chicago)

October 13: Lewis Ritson and Josh Kelly to return (Newcastle)

October 20: Billy Joe Saunders v Demetrius Andrade (Boston)

October 27: London show with headliner to be confirmed

November 3: Liverpool show with headliner rumoured to be Rocky Fielding

November 10: Oleksandr Usyk v Tony Bellew (Venue to be confirmed)

November 10: Daniel Jacobs v Sergiy Derevyanchenko (New York)

November 17: Las Vegas show with headliner to be confirmed

November 24: Monaco show with headliner to be confirmed

December 1/8: Amir Khan v Kell Brook (Cardiff)

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/4...k-usyk-bellew/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Eddie Hearn reveals planned dates for Khan v Brook and Usyk v Bellew

Eddie loves circus fights. Have to respect a man that knows his niche and exploits it over and over. I can just imagine him having a beer with Haye, the laughs those 2 would have.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Eddie Hearn reveals planned dates for Khan v Brook and Usyk v Bellew

You say it like it is a bad thing. We have had circus fights all over the world for 100 years. It's prize fighting. Without it, the other fights just don't get made. With the WBSS going great guns there is now something for everyone. I don't expect Brook/Khan to mean much to those outside of Britain but the ongoing drama/soap opera of the pair means however one sided it is likely to be people will tune in and be thrilled anyway. I personally hope Usyk bombs Bellew into retirement and makes himself enough money to add to his own retirement pot while doing so.

You can pretend that Matchroom and the Hearns are all about niche circus fights but only with both hands over your eyes. Matchroom fighters being world tittle holders and fulfilling their mandatories at home and abroad you could make a case for them being the torch holders of competitive boxing whilst the American equivalents die on the vine. Matchroom and Sauerland are proving that American promoters could end up having to play catch up if they do not wake up.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Big Baby Miller should wear a paper bag on his head if he's allowed to fight the ghost of Tomasz Adamek. So should Hearn.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not bothered about the circus fights as much anymore, as long as there are plenty of good fights then the odd Fight for the casual fan is fine.

So long as David Haye isn't conning the public anymore I don't mind others like Khan and Brook cashing out on there careers with a big domestic fight that isn't even designed for the more die hard fans.

Thread Information