Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  25
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris Burka Row - To BAN or not to BAN? Islamophobia?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boris Burka Row - To BAN or not to BAN? Islamophobia?

Beanz I'm conflicted on it

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Well at least you are admitting you don't believe in Freedom or Liberty Lyle. You want to tell people what they can and cannot wear, in a country that you don't even live in. What a busybody.
    What I'm saying is....

Burqa
    Niqab
    Chador
    Hijab

But you're free to take that however you want to Beanz I know you will regardless

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    A great honest answer. I agree as you will see in my first reply to Fenster. That is the crux of nearly all my disagreements with posters here. The insistence on maintaining the illusion that answers are so simplistic. This polarity, extreme left and and right, is stupid and seems to be in part imported from American culture. I can see why in such a diverse country as yours an illusion like this would help people feel more safe and certain.

Don't get me wrong it has always been here in the UK but its crazy now. Us and them. The have and have nots. That is why religious extremists get away unchallenged because people focus on groups and lose sight of individuals.

People don't want to imagine they might have anything in common with someone who on the surface seems so different and so they make people out to be cardboard cutouts, groups, ciphers.

That is what bigoted Muslims do when they treat non muslims as infidels and what bigoted British do when they refuse to even recognise British born Muslims who join the army and are willing to die for this country.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

A great honest answer. I agree as you will see in my first reply to Fenster. That is the crux of nearly all my disagreements with posters here. The insistence on maintaining the illusion that answers are so simplistic. This polarity, extreme left and and right, is stupid and seems to be in part imported from American culture. I can see why in such a diverse country as yours an illusion like this would help people feel more safe and certain.

Don't get me wrong it has always been here in the UK but its crazy now. Us and them. The have and have nots. That is why religious extremists get away unchallenged because people focus on groups and lose sight of individuals.

People don't want to imagine they might have anything in common with someone who on the surface seems so different and so they make people out to be cardboard cutouts, groups, ciphers.

That is what bigoted Muslims do when they treat non muslims as infidels and what bigoted British do when they refuse to even recognise British born Muslims who join the army and are willing to die for this country.
    Unless it's bitterly cold out, or Halloween, why would you need a complete or even partial facial covering?

Oh it's a religious thing? Like I'm going to trust ANYONE who can't keep their dick in their pants because he saw a bit of female skin.....NO. No sir. I'm not going to trust the men and I'm not going to trust the women.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Unless it's bitterly cold out, or Halloween, why would you need a complete or even partial facial covering?

Oh it's a religious thing? Like I'm going to trust ANYONE who can't keep their dick in their pants because he saw a bit of female skin.....NO. No sir. I'm not going to trust the men and I'm not going to trust the women.

And yet you have no problem with people wearing Nazi Uniforms and Saluting Hitler on American Soil? You were very eager to defend their right to wear anything.

How about this fetching number?

or this one

or this

or in white

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

‘You don’t know what’s under a burka’ insists EDL member wandering around in a balaclava

An EDL member has stated that the burka is dangerous because you can’t see who is under it, despite attending every EDL rally in a balaclava.
    John Bullington, known to his friends as Big John, posted a rant on Facebook yesterday about how burkas are a clearly a cover for evilness.
    He wrote, “You just don’t know what’s under a burka. It could be a bomb, a jihadi army, a tank, you just don’t know.
    “You have to take a balaclava off if you want to go into a bank, but not a bloody burka. I’ve not been able to rob any banks in ages.
    “Once again it’s one rule for the immigrants and another rule for nice white people like me. I don’t see what’s so difficult to understand about this. Anything covering your face is an affront to the British way of life – except when I do it.”
    Despite a comment underneath his post pointing out that the burka isn’t seen as an aggressive piece of clothing and is also part of a religion, Bullington replied, “That’s complete crap and you know it!
    “A balaclava can be part of a religion if you want it to be. And as for it being aggressive, when has anyone wearing a balaclava ever done anything bad? And don’t link to anything in the mainstream media, they’re all fake news these days.
    “If they want to stay here, Muslim women need to stop wearing inappropriate stuff like headscarves and dress like proper westerners.
    “Like nuns or something.”

http://newsthump.com/2017/04/24/you-...n-a-balaclava/
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

And yet you have no problem with people wearing Nazi Uniforms and Saluting Hitler on American Soil? You were very eager to defend their right to wear anything.

or this one

or this

or in white

A Nazi uniform doesn't come with a mask. Saluting Hitler doesn't come with a mask. They can say whatever they like, they can dress how they like, so long as they don't have masks.

All of those masks are unacceptable....feel like a tit now?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why should Beanz feel a tit? What about the true tit John Bullington that Beanz just quoted?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Why should Beanz feel a tit? What about the true tit John Bullington that Beanz just quoted?
    The two aren't mutually exclusive Master

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

or this one

or this

or in white

A Nazi uniform doesn't come with a mask. Saluting Hitler doesn't come with a mask. They can say whatever they like, they can dress how they like, so long as they don't have masks.

All of those masks are unacceptable....feel like a tit now?
    No Fucking hell Lyle. Must try harder. You can wear a balaclava in the UK. When you ride a motorbike you often put one on under your helmet. When it is snowing you might wear one. Despite the IRA and bank robbers also wearing them. You can be asked to remove them at garages and banks etc just like people can ask people to remove their Burqka head covering for a good reason. You can't ban them though. Just like you can't ban clown masks or Halloween masks or tell cosplayers take off the Batman mask and costume because I don't trust you.

You sound like an extremist mate.
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

No Fucking hell Lyle. Must try harder. You can wear a balaclava in the UK. When you ride a motorbike you often put one on under your helmet. When it is snowing you might wear one. Despite the IRA and bank robbers also wearing them. You can be asked to remove them at garages and banks etc just like people can ask people to remove their Burqka head covering for a good reason. You can't ban them though. Just like you can't ban clown masks or Halloween masks or tell cosplayers take off the Batman mask and costume because I don't trust you.

You sound like an extremist mate.
    Oh so you don't read my posts all that thoroughly do you?

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong

Have you ever asked someone to remove their burqa?
    Clowns don't wear "masks" they wear face paint.
    Halloween masks on Halloween is fine as I've said before.
    Cosplay folk can wear their shit if there's some sort of special event....that being the case I would be ok with these women should they want to wear the niqab or burqa in the mosque but out in the street every single day? Nope.

I don't mind the other ways of dress....why is it necessity to cover the entire face? If it was meant to honor the woman why is it head to toe black polyester in the fucking desert? It's oppressive.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lyle I don't like the Burqka anymore than you but I am not the one telling people what they can and cannot wear. I believe in freedom of expression and liberty. You obviously don't. I have not asked anyone to remove their Burqka because i do not work in a bank or 24 hr garage.

I can assure you i read every word of every post I reply to. I literally cannot bring myself to skim read stuff. That would be disrespectful and against my nature.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.listland.com/ten-reasons...united-states/

Of the 10 reasons listed here to ban the burka, you can throw out 2 through 10. Only # 1 applies because it deals with the security and safety of other people.

For the same reason they make you take your shoes off at the airport, burkas should not be allowed.

The other reasons are invalid.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With masks for winter or cold it's really not going to happen, especially down South . Who defines how cold you actually are? It hits anything under low 60's here sure enough there is always that one wuss who breaks out the thick gloves and huge ski hats etc. We'd be screwed during carnival season. Everywhere you turn at night people are in masks.

random memory the masks brought up. When I was a kid I had to bright idea to improvise a Halloween costume one year. Complete with toy gun, trench coat and a ski mask rolled into hat. Cops pull up while we're hoping fences..hey kids hope fences..and frisk me, give me the third degree of questions and take photos of my shoe prints . Wasn't the best neighborhood and the only time I had a Cop tell me I was as sharp as a marble .

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why don't men wear these silly burka things? What do feminists think about this issue? Or are they mute on Islam as usual?

Thread Information