Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  25
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Boris Burka Row - To BAN or not to BAN? Islamophobia?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boris Burka Row - To BAN or not to BAN? Islamophobia?

Finally Miles has lost it. I knew it would happen. Brock was already there.

Your irrational fear of everything Islam and massive generalisation of immigrants is very telling.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's true. How else do you explain people who have never lived in a country identifying themselves as 'Korean-Americans' or what have you and being allowed special visa privileges to return? Notice how it isn't even in alphabetical order? The same happens in India apparently with the visa thing from what Brock says. Why can they not just be Americans? Because it isn't their heart, they were raised eating their native foods, spoken to in native language, raised in their own culture, just placed in another country. Common sense really. I remember working in the bookies and you had a lot of Chinese customers as they love to gamble. Most couldn't speak a lick of English. They are living in their own enclaves.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Now I don't give a monkies about Boris but i'm sure you all know this is front page news, Boris should be sacked for racism/islamaphobia for calling women who wear the burka "postboxes," however, he wasn't for banning it in full and criticised Denmark in becoming the 10-12th(?) Euro gaff to do so.

I know what the majority of vocal voices here think of muslims/islam in general, so obviously expect most will be in favour of banning it, however, almost all the strong voices on muslim/islam here are freedom of speech advocates, right? Isn't freedom to dress however the funk you want the same as freedom of speech as long as you don't incite violence?

Personally I believe the burka is utterly pathetic, medieval misogynistic nonsense, I feel sympathy for women who live in countries where they constantly fight against this nonsense only to see western countries populated with women "choosing" to. However, I also believe women should be allowed to wear whatever the fuck they want - mini skirt, bin bag or burka? It's their CHOICE!!!

Is this position hypocritical?
    Not at all makes perfect sense. Boris and Bannon, Rees-Mogg etc have an agenda and so it is hard to divorce what Boris says from that and his Prime Ministerial ambitions. It is an appeal to the worst kind of Populism. Of course people should be able to discuss the burqka which is not even prescribed by Islam but that does not change the right of people to choose to wear it.

For me it is lie a virtue signaling of actual false modesty it makes men seem as though they are all predators if they cannot look at a face without feeling about sexual attraction, but like you say what are you going to ban next people wearing gorilla suits, mankinis, nuns wearing habits, kids dressed as actual pillar boxes next to their postman pat brother?

It does not really matter what you write people will just make up what they think you think anyway. I can't find it anymore but one of the first threads I started on here was about the failure of multi-culturalism. Then I recommended a book form 2004 by Michael Collins (not the IRA guy ) called

"The Likes of Us - A Biography of the White Working Class"

then a couple months later...

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    The facts speak for themselves. Stop making excuses for what they have done with silly personal attacks. Many of the white working classes are trapped there and are being assaulted from all angles with nobody to defend them and the 'lucky' ones like me have to alienate themselves and avoid it entirely. But if we criticise it we are a caricature or racist or any insult that you like.

Read this very interesting article, look at the society that remains and tell me that I am a caricature. I am no caricature, I am angry and seething, and it is genuine. Every white English working class person should feel the same rage as we have been truly done over.

The English white working-class and the British elite – From the salt of the earth to the scum of the earth | England calling

It is a well written blog, something that maybe your own efforts would do well to be directed towards. About 10 years ago Michael Collins wrote a book on this subject

"The Likes of Us - A Biography of the White Working Class"

The point that he made most successfully for me was to point out the hypocrisy of the middle and upper classes who have always been quick to label working class whites as racist. This like many things is completely untrue and an inversion of reality. Working Class white communities have always worked alongside non white immigrants from the English market traders to the Cardiff Dockers to the Glaswegian shipbuilders. For hundreds of years. Somalis,Italians, Jews,West Indians, etc have come to this country and worked alongside us, not the middle and upper classes, and you are right there is justifiable anger, but we should be careful to direct it at those who abuse power and not those disenfranchised alongside us, just because they are not white.
    Like I said Miles it does not even matter what I write you will just make up something else to make you feel superior. The post above is apparently me not answering a straight question or having an opinion. And of course now again I am the one with a mental illness?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Everything miles has just said is 100% true especially what he said about master. Master would never admit it in 1 million years tho. It is also largely true of the US and the UK as a whole.

When the Armenians came here they did not form Armenian neighborhoods and when the Italians came here they did not form Italian neighborhoods for more than maybe 15 or 20 years. You cannot find any more Armenian neighborhoods in this country except for a small community in Glendale California. The Armenians and the Italians have completely assimilated. They did not force their Customs or their ways on the American society. They did not ask for foods to be changed in school cafeterias. They did not ask for certain businesses to be moved away from their holy sites. They did not demand that the United States kiss their Armenian or Italian feet.
    None of it is true Brock because Miles is a liar. He always has been.

Masters favourite food is bloody pie and chips, he loves 5 star, and grew up watching Grange Hill like the rest of us. He doesn't live in an enclave. Unlike Miles the absolutely a selfish cunt Master word for a public service with white colleagues making Britain a better place and volunteers helping run a group for the community where I expect most of the single parents are white.

What does Miles do? Sit thousands of miles away condemning a British born man who pays his taxes and is a real asset with character attacks just because he is not white.

That makes Miles both a coward and a cunt not some brave speaker of truth. Miles gave up his right to define what England should be when he welched out and ran away.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Many do live in enclaves though Beanz and Master admits that English is not the language his mother uses. He was raised as someone from a different culture in a different culture. I am not saying that is always bad, but pointing out that it happens. I am saying it is understandable and in times of controlled inmigration quite acceptable. I understand why he thinks as he does, I get it. I know how immigrants think, what they do, how they live. They work, pay their taxes, but their soul is their country of origin. Master's Mum will likely consider herself Indian and so she should. She is. What is happening now with open borders is quite different though. It's just too much but you have issues accepting that.

You can launch your own angry personal attacks all you like as you have done for years. It's all you have. You take it very personally and you know that less and less people think like you. But that is of course due to the 'alt right and gangs of racists'. Nope, not at all. I am not deluded enough to think that I have forgotten how to be English and I have never met anyone who has forgotten what they are. The trouble is you have many that do think that way and they do want their own cultures and unfortunately those cultures are diluting British culture. That's what is at the heart of what Johnson is saying. It just is not British.

Liar? Is that your new buzzword?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can ask 'What do I do?' and my answer would be I have helped tens of thousands of people use new language to get jobs and travel the world. It is not insubstantial. You can make it a pissing contest all you like, but that is a rather gay thing to be doing.

I have nothing against Master, I just believe he is shaped by his origins like anyone else. Who made you his gobby spokesperson anyway? Laughable.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am English and British more than I am Indian. I could never live in India, ok for a holiday but they all speak a different language from me.

Miles, you are just another out of touch william rees mogg.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

See, that is how you converse with another human being. Thank you, Master. All of us foreigners here will always be American, British or Canadian or what have you, but hopefully the kids feel a bit differently. It is more likely though with mixed parentage and half a family being 100% of that country. I just question whether that is the case with all too many immigrants. Are you British first or not? All too many fought for Isis and got rewarded with council housing. They don't seem very British.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not asking you that question BTW, just an open question.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    See, that is how you converse with another human being. Thank you, Master. All of us foreigners here will always be American, British or Canadian or what have you, but hopefully the kids feel a bit differently. It is more likely though with mixed parentage and half a family being 100% of that country. I just question whether that is the case with all too many immigrants. Are you British first or not? All too many fought for Isis and got rewarded with council housing. They don't seem very British.
    I would like to say I am English first but the flag seems to have been stolen by the racist right wing but one day maybe I will. I am definitely British and proud wanted to serve in the army or police force when I was a teenager.

Other things that define me are being from Indian parents and being Sikh although I do not practice the religion.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You lost your religion Master?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never really had it.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Never really had it.
    Master I thought u wore that turbin thingy

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Never really had it.
    Master I thought u wore that turbin thingy
    No way that is just for traditional Sikhs. Master is not even religious so number one he would not wear the Nanak Gurdwara of the SIKH REHAT MARYADA, number to he does not follow the guru granth sahib, and third of all he would not even be considered a cut Sikh.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

*** United Sikhs *** has sought to have Sikh included on the U.S. census as well, arguing that Sikhs "self-identify as an 'ethnic minority'" and believe "that they are more than just a religion".

Male Sikhs generally have "Singh" (Lion) as their middle or last name (not all Singhs are Sikhs), and female Sikhs have "Kaur" (Princess) as their middle or last name.

Thread Information