Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  25
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Boris Burka Row - To BAN or not to BAN? Islamophobia?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boris Burka Row - To BAN or not to BAN? Islamophobia?

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Instead of banning them, prohibit their use in specific places. After a while, it'll be too cumbersome to wear them in public when you can't really go anywhere 'cause they're not allowed..... and you'll stop using them.
    That is called a ban.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Instead of banning them, prohibit their use in specific places. After a while, it'll be too cumbersome to wear them in public when you can't really go anywhere 'cause they're not allowed..... and you'll stop using them.
    That is called a ban.
    So, what of it?

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    That is called a ban.
    So, what of it?
    I think Tito was not advocating a ban just restrictions.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is called a ban.

No it's not. A ban includes every place, including public places, like the street. Prohibition in specific places is just that, and up to the owners of those places. For instance, a bank has a right to deny entry to anyone they deem could be potentially dangerous. As Walrus mentioned earlier, many banks do not allow you to go in with baseball caps, hoodies, or sunglasses. It's a safety issue. If they do not allow those, much less would they allow burkas.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is called a ban.

No it's not. A ban includes every place, including public places, like the street. Prohibition in specific places is just that, and up to the owners of those places. For instance, a bank has a right to deny entry to anyone they deem could be potentially dangerous. As Walrus mentioned earlier, many banks do not allow you to go in with baseball caps, hoodies, or sunglasses. It's a safety issue. If they do not allow those, much less would they allow burkas.
    I thought that there are certain places where you have to take it off.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is called a ban.

That's what I'm saying, maybe I'm not making myself understood. A woman wants to wear a burka to a public park because of religious beliefs, let her. None of the reasons to prevent her from doing so are valid, IMO. But the same woman wants to go into a bank, a mall, or wherever... and it's prohibited, she'll have to take it off. Safety concerns trump all else. A ban is a ban everywhere. I'm not for a ban.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is called a ban.

That's what I'm saying, maybe I'm not making myself understood. A woman wants to wear a burka to a public park because of religious beliefs, let her. None of the reasons to prevent her from doing so are valid, IMO. But the same woman wants to go into a bank, a mall, or wherever... and it's prohibited, she'll have to take it off. Safety concerns trump all else. A ban is a ban everywhere. I'm not for a ban.
    100% agree

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hitchens warned us ages ago
    Hitchens was such a loss to the world, I still often watch his videos on YouTube, I love his unwavering stance on religion even when he was dying, his debates were always so dignified as well, I remember when he was I the final stages of the cancer that was killing him and the bloke he was debating said "I promise you one thing Christopher...I won't prey for you" all in good humour

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Why don't men wear these silly burka things? What do feminists think about this issue? Or are they mute on Islam as usual?
    You wish. Feminists even Muslim women have written several books condemning it. Stop just swallowing the right wing version of the MSM.

Lyle unlike you and Miles I don't pretend that everyone are robots. You both just repeat utter bollocks that you are fed by the alt right without questioning it.

I never claimed there were no idiots on the left. I never claimed all feminists spoke out against female oppression in Islam.

People protest stuff and you call them idiots and then you pretend they never protested whist moaning that they are protesting something you agree with.

If someone points out an extremist on the right you call them an outlier if they are on the extreme left you claim they define the entire left.

Zero intellectual integrity.

You both pretend to debate but actually you do nothing of the sort.
    Last edited by Beanz; 08-11-2018 at 04:59 PM.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You don't half talk some shite Jew boy. You make ot up as you go along. I do not listen or read the alt right. Even if I did so the fuck what? You have no integrity whence you seldom answering a straight question. Even replying to Nobita who backs up everything with sources you just say 'lie' give an opinion and don't offer evidence nor sources. It's funny really. Most of the time you twist and contort in an uncomfortable manner. You get angry. Then like in posts like this you randomly bring me up as you do have an obvious pathology and can easily be classed with a very specific form of mental irregularity.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

Hitchens was such a loss to the world, I still often watch his videos on YouTube, I love his unwavering stance on religion even when he was dying, his debates were always so dignified as well, I remember when he was I the final stages of the cancer that was killing him and the bloke he was debating said "I promise you one thing Christopher...I won't prey for you" all in good humour
    Hitchens was a cunt.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

Hitchens was a cunt.
    I like some of what Hitchens said, other stuff less keen. He was right about Islam and you see a case in point in this thread.

You are not allowed to offend a certain group of people regardless and it doesn't matter what they say or what they do, you are not permitted to do that. Thus the UK is becoming progressively more and more Islamised, but of course not only Islam, but many groups whose own countries deny reciprocal rights and freedoms to people in the countries their people are going to. Notice how it is Master who seems overtly concerned about the rights of Muslims. His concern is far less about the tradition and culture of Britain and that is understandable considering his household growing up was not a traditional British one, but that is what happens generation by generation. Master is a nice man, but he inevitably is drawn to defending other cultures rather than traditional British cultures. The same applies to Beanz who impersonates being English, but likewise has no British roots. To these two anyone defending traditional British culture or being against open borders etc is a racist, a bigot, and a threat to them and what they want to continue.

Hitchens lost me with his support for the Iraq war. Unlike me, who gets accused in this thread of following the alt right, which I of course do not, Hitchens did appear to support the neo-cons. I have never supported such groups. I will listen to Paul Joseph Watson, but at the same time read The Canary for instance. I am reading and listening all over the place, when I do bother paying attention that is as it really isn't a high priority of mine. In saying that people do adapt and change and anyone who doesn't is either dead or a die hard ideologue and neither of those is a healthy condition. I will say what I think is positive about Trump when I think it is positive and negative when it is negative. Those chaps will not do the same, it will only be negative and likewise you see this obsession with Russia which appears to be parroted from their daily propaganda.

So, for me Hitchens had his pros and cons like most people do really.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That might sound a little bit provocative, but ultimately I do think immigrants are who they are and will never be able to truly be anything other. I spend a lot of time studying language, but I will always always carry with me my British identity. It's in my accent, my mannerisms, it's in my music, my personality. I can apply for citizenship but I will still be who I am. Even if I was to have kids, they would largely be shaped by homelife rather than society. This is inevitable. I won't wear skinny jeans or have an asian hair style. I won't listen to K pop or watch silly dramas where the men wear lipstick and look like their girlfriend except with shorter hair. I bring myself and I think most immigrants do and though their kids speak the language better they have their own unique inputs different to true locals. I think you are seeing the consequences of that with segregation and social problems. The first generation immigrants are not an issue. They are grateful but struggled to integrate and do hang out with their own groups. It's the kids where the rebellion and alienation appears to spread.

I get it and think people can wear what they like but it is not British culture. I am less obvious as I don't wear a letter box, but likewise I don't dress like anyone else. Kids these days wear trousers half way up the leg with no socks and the boys have odd Beatle haircuts. I won't follow that. I will wear designers jeans that fit, wear a nice tailored shirt and only apply mascara if I have a pimple.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everything miles has just said is 100% true especially what he said about master. Master would never admit it in 1 million years tho. It is also largely true of the US and the UK as a whole.

When the Armenians came here they did not form Armenian neighborhoods and when the Italians came here they did not form Italian neighborhoods for more than maybe 15 or 20 years. You cannot find any more Armenian neighborhoods in this country except for a small community in Glendale California. The Armenians and the Italians have completely assimilated. They did not force their Customs or their ways on the American society. They did not ask for foods to be changed in school cafeterias. They did not ask for certain businesses to be moved away from their holy sites. They did not demand that the United States kiss their Armenian or Italian feet.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It does make sense. It's like with Americans thinking they are Irish or you thinking you are Italian or whatever, Brock. You see it with many groups that they actually relate to their original place of origin and many such countries give them 'special' access via privileged visa rights too. It is recognised on a personal and legal level. Personally I think dual nationality is a cop out in that respect. Choose one. Prove you are for real.

Thread Information