Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sanctiong body madness with Char and Bryan

The interim belt is the one that makes sense to me... Well compared to the fake wba belt, although I think technically charr actually holds the real wba belt even though it isn't :S... Pretty sure wladimir beat haye for the wba belt then they elevated wladimir to super champ and vacated the actual belt :S...... Just super weird to have two champions though in the same organization but the fans are just as bad sometimes, you see posts here referring to golovkins title defences that are counting the minor wba belt and so on...

Anyway I think an interim champion is good thing to have its clearly not the real belt and when used right it makes sense... Like when the actual champ is a serial dodger or badly injured and the number one contender has been waiting for a long time.. How that relates to trvor bryan and bj(maybe that helped) Flores is a mystery to me.... Bizzare

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    The IBO is starting to gain a little traction. When do we as fans star the line?

Good question bro. One we've asked here more than a few times. Some will answer "just stop buying tickets or PPVs", but I think a more realistic answer is needed. When will we get fed up? When there's 26 alphabet orgs and each one has 8 "world champions" in each weight division? I don't know. It's pretty ridiculous already.
    I think it's up to the fighters as well, Eubank wanted to be a champion so his IBO title was real in his and his fans' eyes. I think 4 is more than enough.

Fighters like AJ and GGG would probably bristle at talk of more belts per division. But fringe guys who otherwise would never be "champ" would probably welcome 5 or more "world titles" per division. By god, how many more names can they make up? There's "regular", "interim", "super"....... it's gotta be a challenge to keep thinking of "title-sounding" names. Maybe they can come up with "super-duper", to mean the guy who's the champion of the champions.
    Wait, AJ who is carrying around Tyson's belts as if they are his, and GGG who keeps counting his WBA regular title wins as major title victories, these are the examples?

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    The interim belt is the one that makes sense to me... Well compared to the fake wba belt, although I think technically charr actually holds the real wba belt even though it isn't :S... Pretty sure wladimir beat haye for the wba belt then they elevated wladimir to super champ and vacated the actual belt :S...... Just super weird to have two champions though in the same organization but the fans are just as bad sometimes, you see posts here referring to golovkins title defences that are counting the minor wba belt and so on...

Anyway I think an interim champion is good thing to have its clearly not the real belt and when used right it makes sense... Like when the actual champ is a serial dodger or badly injured and the number one contender has been waiting for a long time.. How that relates to trvor bryan and bj(maybe that helped) Flores is a mystery to me.... Bizzare
    Yea the interim idea on paper is decent, as is emeritus but they never follow their own rules, so it becomes just another feeing grabbing scheme. There is no need to establish an interim or regular champion, when the current champ is active, Tank Davis' title for example.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    The IBO is starting to gain a little traction. When do we as fans star the line?

Good question bro. One we've asked here more than a few times. Some will answer "just stop buying tickets or PPVs", but I think a more realistic answer is needed. When will we get fed up? When there's 26 alphabet orgs and each one has 8 "world champions" in each weight division? I don't know. It's pretty ridiculous already.
    I think it's up to the fighters as well, Eubank wanted to be a champion so his IBO title was real in his and his fans' eyes. I think 4 is more than enough.

Fighters like AJ and GGG would probably bristle at talk of more belts per division. But fringe guys who otherwise would never be "champ" would probably welcome 5 or more "world titles" per division. By god, how many more names can they make up? There's "regular", "interim", "super"....... it's gotta be a challenge to keep thinking of "title-sounding" names. Maybe they can come up with "super-duper", to mean the guy who's the champion of the champions.
    Wait, AJ who is carrying around Tyson's belts as if they are his, and GGG who keeps counting his WBA regular title wins as major title victories, these are the examples?

Examples of guys who'd probably not welcome their division having 17 world title belts..... yes.

Regardless of your opinions about them, they are currently seen as dominant in their division. Especially Golovkin.

Do you really think AJ, or Golovkin would like to have one or two of 8 or 9 belts in their respective divisions?

I think not.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn't Tyson retire, as well as accepted a backdated suspension.

Do you still consider Canelo lineal champ in that case?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As I've always said all that matters is who you fight. We don't call the 4 horsemen the 4 horsemen because of belts.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't care what Tyson did after he won the belts from the true champion. He is champ until someone beats him. He's fighting, so his retirement wasn't real. Haye didn't beat a true champion, err, I mean AJ didn't beat a true champion.

Cotto didn't beat the best so he wasn't the best so Clanelo didn't beat the best either.

Falls under the same thing I say every time. All that matters is who you fight. Champions are fighters, not men with arbitrary belts.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't catch the "Tyson's belts" part when I responded. Otherwise I might have let out a muffled chuckle.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interim can work but still also serves as a constant collection point for the alphabet soup group handing them out. Almost felt like Ortiz had a half dozen interim fights. Surely has to be timeframe. They pooched it with Flores v Bryan for interim. Literally tagged it for title..probably made it..on real short notice and zero visibility. Just felt shady as it gets.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't care what Tyson did after he won the belts from the true champion. He is champ until someone beats him. He's fighting, so his retirement wasn't real. Haye didn't beat a true champion, err, I mean AJ didn't beat a true champion.

Cotto didn't beat the best so he wasn't the best so Clanelo didn't beat the best either.

Falls under the same thing I say every time. All that matters is who you fight. Champions are fighters, not men with arbitrary belts.
    I notice you didn't mention his suspension.

You're saying Cotto didn't beat the best, lets ask everyone here, if they consider Tyson the best right now. If they don't doesn't that put a spanner in your argument.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're saying Cotto didn't beat the best, lets ask everyone here, if they consider Tyson the best right now. If they don't doesn't that put a spanner in your argument.
    What are you talking about? I said "I don't care..." His suspension falls under that. Sure, pathetic, but not pretending to sign a crap contract pathetic. My argument is fighting the best proves you are the best.

What does Tyson now have to do with that? Did I say Tyson is the best now? No, I said he is the real champion. Because he beat the best.

I don't even like Fury, I hope he gets KTFO tonight. But at least he has proven willing to fight the best.
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 08-19-2018 at 09:09 AM.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What are you talking about? I said "I don't care..." His suspension falls under that. Sure, pathetic, but not pretending to sign a crap contract pathetic. My argument is fighting the best proves you are the best.

What does Tyson now have to do with that? Did I say Tyson is the best now? No, I said he is the real champion. Because he beat the best.

I don't even like Fury, I hope he gets KTFO tonight. But at least he has proven willing to fight the best.
    By your theory you have to beat the best to become champ, Fury is not the best.

How did Wlad become the best? Most feel it was with the Povetkin win. That fight was October '13. Vital didn't officially retire until December '13. So did Wlad beat the best?

I don't really car either, just trying to understand your logic.

Hopkins definitely best the best, and the line followed on from there.

I'm not even going to get into the absurdity of not recognising the retirement, or the suspension.

I agree the best should fight the best but there are a few wholes in your logic.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The WBA is a bigger joke than any sanctioning body in sports. The WBO used to be a joke with there 10 win champions. But the WBA is just ridiculous.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Thread Information