Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Frampton vs Warrington

Looks like this might be set for Dec-22.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Frampton vs Warrington

Manchester Arena on said date (Dec 22nd) cracking fight and I think Warringtons output/engine will be too much for the Jackal and he'll take this by 4-5 rounds, think he's got the momentum and the buzz to really take this away from Frampton big time...
    Shame due to our shit UK weather this can't happen outside of an an arena.
    This could sell out Wembley Stadium easily if it was a summer fight/on Sky and hyped properly.
    Warren should be looking BIG at both Cardiff and Wembley (both stadiums with roofs) for this if either are available, one of the biggest fights he can showcase and if this goes down at the MEN then he just falls behind Hearn even further I think.
    I think Frampton gets swarmed here and loses this one then retires

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm thinking the same as you, don't tell Master. Frampton can do no wrong in his eyes.

I do think it's a very tough, close fight for both guys tho.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good fight. Now Santa Cruz needs to fight Russell and maybe we can see a much anticipated third fight between Frampton and Santa Cruz

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Good fight. Now Santa Cruz needs to fight Russell and maybe we can see a much anticipated third fight between Frampton and Santa Cruz
    Russell schools Santa Cruz. But I agree that fight needs to happen.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Maybe, but when Diaz fought Russell, he gave him trouble when he actually threw punches. Santa Cruz is quite a bit better than Diaz and won’t let up with his attack. I wouldn’t be surprised either way, but I would put my money on Santa Cruz

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe, but when Diaz fought Russell, he gave him trouble when he actually threw punches. Santa Cruz is quite a bit better than Diaz and won’t let up with his attack. I wouldn’t be surprised either way, but I would put my money on Santa Cruz
    Agree Diaz had success early, did Russell adjust?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't give Warrington much chance at all, a non-punching pressure fighter is Frampton's bread and butter, it won't go past 9 rounds.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frampton will enjoy schooling Warrington and look awesome doing it to set up a big fight with LSC next year. Life is going perfect for him since he left Barry.

Indoor arena fights are far better than stadium ones in terms of atmosphere and view.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Frampton will enjoy schooling Warrington and look awesome doing it to set up a big fight with LSC next year. Life is going perfect for him since he left Barry.

Indoor arena fights are far better than stadium ones in terms of atmosphere and view.
    Both the guys you mention will lose. That still means we could get Russell vs Warrington.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both the guys you mention will lose. That still means we could get Russell vs Warrington.
    that could happen as I was sure Selby was going to beat Warrington and Frampton.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

that could happen as I was sure Selby was going to beat Warrington and Frampton.
    #metoo

I thought Selby was a level above, but Warrington destroyed him. I don't want to hear anything about struggles to make weight etc etc. Warrington was by far the better fighter that night. Frampton has been caught a bit lately, looked like a couple of shots actually froze him for a second. Warrington might be peaking, Frampton might have slid a smidgen. It's a top class fight, I don't really mind who wins. On paper it should be a classic.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Think Warrington will get the win. Frampton is the better boxer, but Warrington strikes me as one of those guys who is always going to be so damned hard to beat unless you have lights out power or insane speed. His work rate and ability to just cause boxers to fight will be his key IMO

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I picked Selby to beat Warrington easy too but - even ignoring the fact he's coming back at lightweight - he could never crack an egg (barring one freaky sparko of Stephen Smith) and Frampton has always been up a level, imo.

Warrington was going life and death with old Kiko two fights ago. Maybe he's one of those fighters I always underrate because i've seen all his early career (I never picked Froch to win a fight until right at the end) but Frampton will punch holes in him, even if a little past it.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Warrington v Frampton: PPV clash with Whyte v Chisora means fans lose out

IBF world featherweight champion Josh Warrington says "fans are the real loser" over a pay-per-view clash when he meets Carl Frampton on 22 December.

On the same night as Warrington, 28, defends his title at Manchester Arena, Dillian Whyte meets Dereck Chisora in a heavyweight bout at London's O2 Arena.

Fans will need to pay for two pay-per-view events if they wish to see both.

"There will be fans who have to make a choice. It's unfair really. No boxing fan is a winner," said Warrington.

"I think boxing fans are the real loser in this one."

Northern Ireland's Frampton, 31, will bid to recapture a world title and told BBC Sport: "It's not a good thing for boxing to have two pay-per-view fights on and fans will have to fork out for both, one or none.

"It's close to Christmas too. It's not good for boxing at all."

Warrington-Frampton will be shown on BT Sport Box Office and promoted by Frank Warren. Whyte-Chisora - contesting a rematch after their thrilling 2016 bout - will be on Sky Box Office and promoted by Eddie Hearn's Matchroom Sport.

Warren confirmed his world-title bout in September, while Hearn announced his main event on 1 November.

Hearn says the clash is "not ideal" but has stated a lack of suitable venues led to him opting for the date three days before Christmas. He feels each fight serves a different market, with Warrington-Frampton more appealing to hardcore boxing fans, while Whyte-Chisora will satisfy a broader market.

Warrington insists more should have been done to avoid a clash but believes his own contest will be a "fight of the year candidate" and sits on a "bigger bill".

"We have seen those other two fight before," he told BBC Sport. "We are fighting for a higher prize, a higher stake. This is two lads in their prime, whereas Whyte and Chisora have seen better days. They've both had losses.

"They have probably past their prime where as us two are both in our prime, dazzling. It's a world title, let's be right about it. And we both have passionate fans who follow us everywhere we go."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/46207627

Thread Information