Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  42
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthony Joshua promises to bring back aggressive style against Alexander Povetkin

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Anthony Joshua promises to bring back aggressive style against Alexander Povetkin

Let's hope he goes straight for the KO and is true to his word.

On a media conference call, Joshua stated: “I’ve just gotta focus on Povektin, go in there and have fun, don’t be cautious because it’s ruining my aggressive style.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/4...nder-povetkin/

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Anthony Joshua promises to bring back aggressive style against Alexander Povetkin

Well IF Povetkin is fully prepared for the fight that COULD end up coming back to bite AJ in the ass.

I don't expect AJ will have trouble since Povetkin is older and slower, but dude can still punch even if he isn't on the juice and his fighting from a crouch could draw AJ in and off balance....that is what Povetkin needs. AJ overreaching, AJ getting in too close and then attempting to back straight up instead of circling out.

I think AJ will win, but if an upset happened I wouldn't be terribly shocked.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshua promises to bring back aggressive style against Alexander Povetkin

Little Tony Joshua the squared up stiff mannequin in a department store so rigid and so stiff and so mechanical quite like a Frank Bruno or Michael Grant.

little Tony thinks it's good to fight a 38 year-old hahaha this is really funny little Tony

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Little Tony Joshua the squared up stiff mannequin in a department store so rigid and so stiff and so mechanical quite like a Frank Bruno or Michael Grant.

little Tony thinks it's good to fight a 38 year-old hahaha this is really funny little Tony

Brock...
    Fuck off with your Anti Joshua posting and stop posting the same shit as you've done in other AJ threads.
    We get you don't rate him but your becoming boring now yeah.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

Brock...
    Fuck off with your Anti Joshua posting and stop posting the same shit as you've done in other AJ threads.
    Yup wouldn't be so bad but every post he makes tends to be in Brocklish, it wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't just obsessively trolling.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

Brock...
    Yup wouldn't be so bad but every post he makes tends to be in Brocklish, it wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't just obsessively trolling.
    You do both realise that you’re biting on a guy who thinks Tyson Fury is a big KO Merchant ?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd say Povetkin at this stage still KOs Wilder. I think this is AJ's toughest fight since Wlad.

Brick just bringing down the main board with his usual bs, contradicting himself left, right and centre.

Maybe we should treat him like the WBA and all ignore him.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Joshua is robotic too. Put him in there with someone awkward and can punch and keep punching and he is in deep waters. He is fine when it is measured and orthodox, it makes him look in control.

Boxers say a lot of things. Thing is if he can just turn on and off this 'aggressive' style then why turn it off for an entire year? He will do what he can to try and win the fight and I can't blame him. You get reckless and you will likely get caught, so I get it. I think he fights the way he does for a reason. He is hardly Joe Calzaghe.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I think Joshua is robotic too. Put him in there with someone awkward and can punch and keep punching and he is in deep waters. He is fine when it is measured and orthodox, it makes him look in control.

Boxers say a lot of things. Thing is if he can just turn on and off this 'aggressive' style then why turn it off for an entire year? He will do what he can to try and win the fight and I can't blame him. You get reckless and you will likely get caught, so I get it. I think he fights the way he does for a reason. He is hardly Joe Calzaghe.
    I don't think anyone is comparing AJ to a young Cassius. He is fighting solid opposition and winning.

Sure we want to see big fights but he often do they come off when fans want them to?

I hope we get to see them all fight each other.

Anyone brave enough to say where they rate Povetkin heading into this fight?

I have him at #3.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

True, few can be like Calzaghe or Ali or Tyson. This is where I consider Joshua just a solid professional in a very weak division. He is very steady, but I was actually not impressed with his performance against Wlad. Nobody should be struggling with a 41 year old coming back off a long lay off and a performance where he couldn't land anything. The spin is that Wlad was somehow inspired, but I think it more showed that Joshua is limited. Fury, though boring, did it with far less bother.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    True, few can be like Calzaghe or Ali or Tyson. This is where I consider Joshua just a solid professional in a very weak division. He is very steady, but I was actually not impressed with his performance against Wlad. Nobody should be struggling with a 41 year old coming back off a long lay off and a performance where he couldn't land anything. The spin is that Wlad was somehow inspired, but I think it more showed that Joshua is limited. Fury, though boring, did it with far less bother.
    I think most fans accept that AJ is flawed/ limited (outside of AJ fan boys obviously).

Personally I think the Wlad the fought AJ, beats the Fury he fought. And if he came back now, I'd pick him to beat both Fury and Wilder. I would have picked Wlad in a rematch with AJ if he had enforced it at the time. But right now I think AJ is the only one that would beat a come-backing Wlad right now. So I disagree that no one should be struggling with a 41 year old coming back off a long layoff, as Wlad is now 42 and everyone in the top 10 would still struggle with him.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I rate Povetkin no.1

There's gonna be a million idiots saying "I told you Joshua was a bum hype job" when Povetkin irons him out.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I rate Povetkin no.1

There's gonna be a million idiots saying "I told you Joshua was a bum hype job" when Povetkin irons him out.
    Damn, you have him above both AJ and Wilder?

Thanks for posting your rating of Povetkin.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well technically i'd make AJ no.1 considering his victory over Wlad, however, Povetkin is no.2, Fury no.3, Whyte no.4 and Wilder 5.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Well technically i'd make AJ no.1 considering his victory over Wlad, however, Povetkin is no.2, Fury no.3, Whyte no.4 and Wilder 5.
    OK so that's 2 of us that consider him in the top 3. I'd have Fury lower, but the main guys are there.

The Ring are not recognising this 1 vs 3 fight as for the title.
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information