Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Comfortable in combat

I had a get together in NYC with a number of guys I was in active duty with. I was overjoyed when my platoon leader called and said he would be in the city for business. I know the war is in is controversial and many are against it, believe me I’ve always second guessed shit but when your on the ground and in the shit you don’t process any of that, your fighting for the guy next to you and everything else is out the window. This guy was incredible. I think it was stonewall Jackson who said he was as comfortable in combat as he was laying in bed. That’s how this dude was, never seen anyone like him. Dude would give his life for us and the Afghan civys without a second thought. When I met these guys at the info desk at grand central I couldn’t explain the feelings. The bond u make in the shit is something I can’t explain. The bartender overheard us talking and it turns out he served as well and bought us a round. They are the only guys I can talk with about the shit that happened. It is very true what they say, war is ninety percent boredom and ten percent shear terror. Everyone of the dudes is doing great. A few limps and scars but a few are executives and a few started businesses which are doing well. One guy had a an idea to help soldiers, an addition to an already commonly used piece of equipment which he sold to the military and is doing very well.

Anyway, there are so many other guys I’d love to see again and thank. Especially one particular helicopter pilot who took a very big risk and saved the lot of us. I guess it was a bit of a catharsis, I’ve told a couple stories here like the unapproved truce we made and another in which we got a group to surrender without one shot fired but I forgot how much shit I’ve put out of my mind. Three us are boxing fans so it was a big plus talking some boxing. It’s a shame everyone is scattered across the country. One day was not enough. Alright, excuse me for going on about this it’s just the primary thing on my mind lately. Enjoy life, there were a few empty seats we made a toast to, great people who didn’t make it back. Treat people kindly we never know when someone will be gone.

In closing, don’t drink with marines, it becomes a very serious mission and it takes a number of days to recover.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Comfortable in combat

PS we hugged and shed a tear or two right in grand central at lunch time, people may have thought we were gay.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    PS we hugged and shed a tear or two right in grand central at lunch time, people may have thought we were gay.
    I have to admit when you left both of those times from Midtown Manhattan and walking over to Grand Central Station I felt kind of sad that way I only had a couple of hours together but I had to go back and teach the night shift

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    I have to admit when you left both of those times from Midtown Manhattan and walking over to Grand Central Station I felt kind of sad that way I only had a couple of hours together but I had to go back and teach the night shift
    It’s all good, unfortunately we had to break up your crazy vet shooting thing wasn’t cool
    Last edited by walrus; 09-14-2018 at 07:44 PM.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It’s all good, unfortunately we had to break up your crazy vet shooting thing wasn’t cool
    What crazy vet shooting thing..... I thought the problem was over the bill

the thing with you is a person can say something nice like I said above and you still have to come back with that judgemental stuff "wasn't cool" stuff.

from my side it's stuff like that that made it not work

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe it's not such a good idea for Saddo'ers to actually meet. The falling outs are probably worse.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Maybe it's not such a good idea for Saddo'ers to actually meet. The falling outs are probably worse.
    I agree, just enjoy the banter, don’t meet anyone. By the way tits I’m gonna be late I’ll be at your place Wednesday at 6

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have no problem admitting right here on this board that everything you said was true. You are right I did say that thing. So I can always say it and I think I did Apologize at one point but the thing was you needed a second apology for another thing later on. So yes I did say those things. So should we just take them out of context and say that for no reason at all I just decided to as you want to call it go on an attack against you? I hope you're not saying that you contributed nothing at all to this. you've been married for awhile you know that everything is usually 50/50 there's never a time that somebody is 100% right and the other person is 100% wrong. I have no problem taking my share about it. I will say this though I don't remember if you ever took your share of it.

I'm not talking about an apology because I don't need apologies from people I guess I'm just different. But I'm just talking about taking your fair share of it. I will not get into any details here but you know maybe some of the things that happened from your side of it that contributed to what happened.

now here it is on a thread that you're talking about meeting your old combat Buddies and you're saying about how short life is and I Peoples shouldh just try to get along, and I agreed and I said about how I felt sad after we had met for those couple of hours a few times when you had to head back to Grand Central Station for the long ride back and I had to head up to Jackson Heights to teach the night shift. I thought that was a nice thing for me to say but then you came back with it remark about rehashing about that I said some uncool stuff.

So I don't even know why I bothered saying what I thought was something nice and sincere about feeling sad those two times

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Post was deleted end of story

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Post was deleted end of story
    Typical

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well....one of you is camper than a row of tents
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have no problem admitting right here on this board that everything you said was true. You are right I did say that thing. So I can always say it and I think I did Apologize at one point but the thing was you needed a second apology for another thing later on. So yes I did say those things.

Sorry....... I couldn't help myself.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

bwaaaaHAHAHA 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I have no problem admitting right here on this board that everything you said was true. You are right I did say that thing. So I can always say it and I think I did Apologize at one point but the thing was you needed a second apology for another thing later on. So yes I did say those things.

Sorry....... I couldn't help myself.
    Ha ha that is a good one, I don’t like billy crystal but he was funny in that

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good stuff bud glad you got that. Nothing forms bonds and camaraderie like people you share SHTF moments with. This generation seems to have learned that from other returning generations that came home and walled themselves up.

Thread Information