39. This poll is closed
  • GGG

26 66.67%
  • Canelo

9 23.08%
  • Draw

4 10.26%
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you think won GGG/Canelo 2?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who do you think won GGG/Canelo 2?

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Sounded like RJJ and Kellerman got some GBP money....They were all over his ass.
    I was lucky. I had no HBO or even British commentary and so I really was just watching the action and seeing it as it was through my own eyes without anything to influence me. You seem to agree that GGG was up half way and then went on to start hurting Canelo as he really started to let loose with more than the jab with those power shots really starting to tell.

For me early on it was more of a Barrera style beating Marquez with accurate solid jabs, then later more of a traditional outslugging of the man that cannot hit as hard.

HBO is a sham and it's a shame old Larry Merchant isn't there to set those other posers straight. Kellerman gets on my tits. I don't mean that we are in a relationship. He is probably much closer to Oscar. I just mean I find him very annoying.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn Lyle.... That's a bit lopsided

El Kabong Guest

Kellerman is a total douche!

GGG did hitting and not getting hit better than Canelo plain and simple. When Canelo landed hard, a headshake is all he got from GGG. When GGG landed hard he hurt Canelo. Don't get me wrong Canelo showed guts but damn he sure as fuck didn't win that fight!

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Damn Lyle.... That's a bit lopsided
    Talk to Canelo he was the one losing rounds!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

10-2-1 GGG-Canelo-1 even

People thought that was hard to judge? That was close? Who threw the most punches? GGG. Who landed the most? GGG. Who blocked or slipped the most? GGG.

GGG all day and twice on Sunday.

You're welcome everyone.

Would you like to vote and make it official?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I wouldn’t disagree on any round except I can’t see GGG getting 7. That one blows my mind.
    If I remember correctly, I think that was the most clear round for Canelo for me.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I wouldn’t disagree on any round except I can’t see GGG getting 7. That one blows my mind.
    If I remember correctly, I think that was the most clear round for Canelo for me.
    I agree. I had Canelo winning 2 early rounds and in the middle in the 7th too it looked as though the fight was tightening up somewhat. But GGG seemed to dig deep and separate them again down the stretch. Canelo obviously had his moments, but his output was lower and GGG was doing the damage then.

I cannot get over the bizarre argument that because GGG wanted Canelo to fight that somehow standing his ground eradicates who is doing most of the work. Andre Ward for instance makes that argument and I think it is a really dumb argument. You score a fight round by round and to say that fighter A did this and fighter B used his own plan B therefore he loses rounds is plainly ridiculous. I have heard Kellerman make the same argument. It's very poorly thought out thinking and unfortunately these people get to make the narrative.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does not going to the ropes, despite being outlanded and being hit with the more hurtful shots really give you the decision? It's neither here nor there. James Toney could sit on the ropes all night, but it ends up being about are you landing more and landing more effectively than the other guy. You don't get bonus points for getting Toney off the ropes when he is still outlanding you in the middle too. It's a very silly argument. "GGG did not fight the full 12 'like a Mexican' therefore he lost" or "A draw is fair". Sure, a draw is better but most people still have GGG winning both fights. What does that even mean? Is adjudicating a fight now all about standing in the middle and going hell for leather and allowing plenty of hits to the head too? It's boxing and somewhere the scorecards have become increasingly irrelevant as it appears to be politics and then making excuses for it all to keep the cash cows happy. It's a farce.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interested to see where your card goes Kabong

What did you think of Lyle's card, Ron?

Bias? Hasn't got a clue how to score? You can understand how Canelo won just 2 rounds?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Being the guy that I am, I'm gonna help out Miles with his poll here.

To the 21 GGG votes, I'm adding armin (mistake on his vote), walrus (ditto), Lyle, Hulk, Dia, and erik_corrales.

From the 7 Canelo votes, I'm subtracting armin and walrus.

So with 27 GGG votes, 5 Canelo votes, and 4 draws.... the real percentages are: GGG - 75%, Canelo - 14%, Draw - 11%

Pretty much similar to the landslide vote from the sportswriters.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thank you, Tito. I do need help with the numbers as I am still trying to wrap my head around the logic of Andre Ward who also believes he is the Son of God which is likewise also very baffling. I know I am drifting into ecumenical territory there so i will leave it at that and just say that Andre Ward is a kind of Canelo too.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well you put out there a very legitimate poll and I just wanted to make sure all votes were counted.

BTW... no Russian meddling here.

El Kabong Guest

@TitoFan , I voted....I mean WOW...some close rounds, but how anyone could not have GGG winning it makes me wonder what they actually know about boxing. Canelo plods forward, GGG lands the better punches, takes Canelo's shots better, and his defense is underrated I guess being nonchalant about the blocking and slipping of punches hurt GGG because he certainly from a pure boxing standpoint did better (not that it was a sweet science fight). When Canelo moved backwards GGG still was the guy in control of the fight landing harder, hurting Canelo, and again GGG did a better job with his defense....Canelo didn't dodge, slip, or block all that often.

Sports Illustrated gave round 7 to GGG, Harold Lederman gave it to GGG....I've seen others give it to Canelo.

For me coming into this fight just like the last one GGG is THE Champ and Canelo didn't take it from him and also GGG didn't give it to Canelo.....GGG has fought better, but no way no how is he the loser of that fight.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@TitoFan , I voted....I mean WOW...some close rounds, but how anyone could not have GGG winning it makes me wonder what they actually know about boxing. Canelo plods forward, GGG lands the better punches, takes Canelo's shots better, and his defense is underrated I guess being nonchalant about the blocking and slipping of punches hurt GGG because he certainly from a pure boxing standpoint did better (not that it was a sweet science fight). When Canelo moved backwards GGG still was the guy in control of the fight landing harder, hurting Canelo, and again GGG did a better job with his defense....Canelo didn't dodge, slip, or block all that often.

Sports Illustrated gave round 7 to GGG, Harold Lederman gave it to GGG....I've seen others give it to Canelo.

For me coming into this fight just like the last one GGG is THE Champ and Canelo didn't take it from him and also GGG didn't give it to Canelo.....GGG has fought better, but no way no how is he the loser of that fight.
    Ffs! I’m fucking raging!got a sneaky hour away to watch it on you tube and I had it as a draw. Then I realised I was watching the first fucking fight!!!
    Link anywhere please?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Ffs! I’m fucking raging!got a sneaky hour away to watch it on you tube and I had it as a draw. Then I realised I was watching the first fucking fight!!!
    Link anywhere please?

hahahahaha you daft cunt

When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information