Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  16
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: US needs to beef up its Air Force. Thoughts?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: US needs to beef up its Air Force. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Nobody has to step on a mine, Beanz. At the end of the day the Roman Empire collapsed because it could not control its borders. The same is happening in Europe today. You likewise see privilege being given to migrant criminals in the UK. If they were not allowed in then you wouldn't have the problems you now have.
    I guess it’s the nature of things. Rome lasted a shitload of time. Egypt, Persia and many empires. England did quite well and she is still going. Everything has its season.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    It's in this global arena that the U.S. needs to be savvy in its dealings with both China and Russia. These countries by themselves are not up to par with the U.S. if push comes to shove, but a partnership between the two would be a formidable force. While China and Russia have their share of differences, undue pressure from Washington could push them together. It's something to keep in mind.

Any serious thoughts on this? We went off on some WWII tangents and the like, but I've read some articles where the possibility of current U.S. politics pushing these two together is something to at least consider.
    Could Trump be making bedfellows of Putin and Jinping? If so, how bad would that be?

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's in this global arena that the U.S. needs to be savvy in its dealings with both China and Russia. These countries by themselves are not up to par with the U.S. if push comes to shove, but a partnership between the two would be a formidable force. While China and Russia have their share of differences, undue pressure from Washington could push them together. It's something to keep in mind.

Any serious thoughts on this? We went off on some WWII tangents and the like, but I've read some articles where the possibility of current U.S. politics pushing these two together is something to at least consider.
    Could Trump be making bedfellows of Putin and Jinping? If so, how bad would that be?
    It’s been happening before trump. Although they are trying to counter the US China has a deep mistrust of Russia its a marriage of convenience

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Landmines? What is THAT poppycock? A country Without Borders is not a country

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Illegal immigrants are people who are displaying zero respect for your country. Admittedly if Brock has suggested shooting them then that is harsh, but they do need to be stopped and discouraged. The border out here has done a great job at blocking inter border irregularities. If you know you are going to step on a mine, then you don't do it.
    You have no credibility if you think landmines are acceptable as a form of border control. You are maintaining nothing more than an illusion of a civilized country if you think that is necessary.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You have no country if you have no borders. Even with a sea you are learning that. It is leading to severe social problems that will spill over. It needn't happen. Being nice is neither here nor there in a battle of culture and civilisation.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You have no country if you have no borders. Even with a sea you are learning that. It is leading to severe social problems that will spill over. It needn't happen. Being nice is neither here nor there in a battle of culture and civilisation.
    What a load of twaddle, you sound like a cowering serf. "The battle of culture and Civilzation". You are the defending the potential death of a million citizens based on the daft idea they are in the wrong Korea. Nobody is calling for no borders, you seem to invoke that as an excuse for barbarity.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Land mines are crazy. It’s amazing people sat around and came up with these ways to kill and injure. They are still digging out mines from previous wars all over. How many are on the Korean border. I don’t know if we or the UN banned them, not that it would mean anything

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn I should have looked

Landmines come in two varieties: anti-personnel and anti-vehicle mines. Both have caused great suffering in the past decades. Anti-personnel landmines are prohibited under the Convention on the Prohibition of the Use, Stockpiling, Production and Transfer of Anti-Personnel Mines and on Their Destruction (or Mine Ban Convention), adopted in 1997. More than 150 countries have joined this treaty. Its positive impact includes a marked reduction of casualties, an increased number of mine-free States, destroyed stockpiles and improved assistance to victims.

https://www.un.org/disarmament/convarms/landmines/

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Land mines are crazy. It’s amazing people sat around and came up with these ways to kill and injure. They are still digging out mines from previous wars all over. How many are on the Korean border. I don’t know if we or the UN banned them, not that it would mean anything
    They reckon up to a million on the Korean border.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe you need more mines. The original Jews would gave been safer with them.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What is that supposed to mean?
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    What is that supposed to mean?
    Forgive him, he is trying his best to impersonate his hero Tommy.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't play dumb. Open borders with no defence will get you occupied. The Romans occupied Palestine. Eventually they burned the entire country to a cinder. Mines were needed to stop that. But alas technology and different times. The Romans got hit eventually too. Border control and vigilance is a necessary component to cultural survival. Weakness leads to annihilation.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't play dumb. Open borders with no defence will get you occupied. The Romans occupied Palestine. Eventually they burned the entire country to a cinder. Mines were needed to stop that. But alas technology and different times. The Romans got hit eventually too. Border control and vigilance is a necessary component to cultural survival. Weakness leads to annihilation.
    I take a stand against mines, they are not fair, people can’t avoid walking. Perhaps a deathray laser wall with lots of signs to warn people. That would be alright

Thread Information