Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  16
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: US needs to beef up its Air Force. Thoughts?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: US needs to beef up its Air Force. Thoughts?

TBH I do hear an awful lot about the terrible shape our military is in. Sometimes I think it’s to justify our spending, get people talking about it, have the senate sink more money into it and it’s an Art of War thing against potential enemies. They hear how soft we are getting so they chill while we have like super dooper hidden shit that will freeze entire armies

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mines are a bit old fashioned. At the end of the day you have to protect your borders. It's about national security. I am against wars and don't want to see anyone die. So the solution is not to tresspass. If I owned a farm I would put up barriers. It's my farm. Keep out. Commies everywhere thinking I got it through white privilege. Not having it at all. If I want to move to the North I will make a request for a visa, I will not step on a mine. I am not stupid.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn I just remembered this movie land of mine. I think it’s danish with subtles but it’s very fitting for the topic and a superb and moving film

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt3841424/?...ef_=il_tl_li_i

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    It's in this global arena that the U.S. needs to be savvy in its dealings with both China and Russia. These countries by themselves are not up to par with the U.S. if push comes to shove, but a partnership between the two would be a formidable force. While China and Russia have their share of differences, undue pressure from Washington could push them together. It's something to keep in mind.

Any serious thoughts on this? We went off on some WWII tangents and the like, but I've read some articles where the possibility of current U.S. politics pushing these two together is something to at least consider.
    Could Trump be making bedfellows of Putin and Jinping? If so, how bad would that be?
    It’s been happening before trump. Although they are trying to counter the US China has a deep mistrust of Russia its a marriage of convenience

No, I know it predates Trump. Just saying it's headed in the same direction as before, but maybe more so now. The "marriage of convenience" part is very true. But sometimes having a common enemy brings you closer.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Don't play dumb. Open borders with no defence will get you occupied. The Romans occupied Palestine. Eventually they burned the entire country to a cinder. Mines were needed to stop that. But alas technology and different times. The Romans got hit eventually too. Border control and vigilance is a necessary component to cultural survival. Weakness leads to annihilation.

"Weakness leads to annihilation"

It really does not suit you and you are kidding nobody but knock yourself outwith you neo-con, MIC rubbish.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tell that to the Jews of the mid first century. An endless supply of mines would have kept the Romans from burning and hacking them all to death. God wasn't listening that time. They starved, ate each other and then got hacked in real rivers of blood. Uncool. Many civilisations could have been saved by mines. Wouldn't have America as it is too which would cheer you up with no Lyle posting.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You rail against the atomic bombs dropped in Japan..... but defend mines?? This isn't like you, Miles.

Mines are indiscriminate killers. The problem with mines is picking them back up and/or defusing them once their "need" is over and done with. Many farmers and innocent women and children have been killed/ maimed by mines years and even decades old. Nuclear bombs...... chemical warfare..... mines..... these are all examples of unfortunate weapons developed by man to conduct warfare, without any thought given to the carnage they leave behind.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think mines around a border is logical. If the borders are not your own then it is problematic though. You don't want them scattered on farms like potatoes either. Just to keep out illegal invaders. You tell your citizens to stay safe and away from the mines. I don't want anyone to die so don't step on them. Fences with barbed wire too and electrically charged. You only need it in extreme siuations though. Here it is needed and I don't have an issue with it. Once there is peace then you can cool it a little, but make sure crossing is all legal and honest. Greece and Italy likely need some mines and fences.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with miles. Let a few daring idiots get their legs blown off and nobody else will try it

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course you do.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tell that to the Jews of the mid first century. An endless supply of mines would have kept the Romans from burning and hacking them all to death. God wasn't listening that time. They starved, ate each other and then got hacked in real rivers of blood. Uncool. Many civilisations could have been saved by mines. Wouldn't have America as it is too which would cheer you up with no Lyle posting.
    Lyle is my mate, leave him out of it.

The Jews ate each other now did they? Fucking doesn't sound very kosher to me
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Lyle is my mate, leave him out of it.

The Jews ate each other now did they? Fucking doesn't sound very kosher to me
    Juice

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What happened to Lyle? Is he taking a break?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's in this global arena that the U.S. needs to be savvy in its dealings with both China and Russia. These countries by themselves are not up to par with the U.S. if push comes to shove, but a partnership between the two would be a formidable force. While China and Russia have their share of differences, undue pressure from Washington could push them together. It's something to keep in mind.

Any serious thoughts on this? We went off on some WWII tangents and the like, but I've read some articles where the possibility of current U.S. politics pushing these two together is something to at least consider.
    Could Trump be making bedfellows of Putin and Jinping? If so, how bad would that be?
    It’s been happening before trump. Although they are trying to counter the US China has a deep mistrust of Russia its a marriage of convenience

No, I know it predates Trump. Just saying it's headed in the same direction as before, but maybe more so now. The "marriage of convenience" part is very true. But sometimes having a common enemy brings you closer.
    Joint military exercises also. Certainly not the first time they've buddied up against a common 'foe' in the U.S. Coming to ahead this week and sounds like it's based around weapon sales between them and the sanctions on Russia leveled by the State Department.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

Joint military exercises also. Certainly not the first time they've buddied up against a common 'foe' in the U.S. Coming to ahead this week and sounds like it's based around weapon sales between them and the sanctions on Russia leveled by the State Department.
    Taiwan as well, whenever we do anything to recognize Taiwan China rattles the saber

Thread Information