Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  16
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: US needs to beef up its Air Force. Thoughts?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: US needs to beef up its Air Force. Thoughts?

Don't blame the French, they fled having lost 100, 000 men and you should have taken note. No, it was a war of your own choosing and on the way carried out genocide for a bunch of crooks in the south. 2 million dead people for what Walrus? Wanting their own nation state and having it run on their own terms? Isn't that what you wanted against the British?

I understand you are a patriotic kind of guy, but that was a needless war like most of them are. What business did Americans have in the jungles of Vietnam? Muhammad Ali was right when he said his enemy was right at home and not in Vietnam. That was a war against the interests of the American people. Did Trump go there? Did Bush? Did Clinton? No, it was the ordinary guy and they were defending a tyrannical South Vietnam in the interests of an elite that knew it was hopeless.

You sound a bit like the 'Let's nuke Japan chaps' with your evaluation of decades of carpet bombing. 'Just a few more days'.....2 million dead, Walrus. Every one of them with friends and family like yourself. Would you be happy were a foreign power carpet bombed your country? No, of course not. Sometimes you are wrong and that was a prime example. Even today people are dying of cancer because of the chemical weapons that were used. That's a cruel, cruel fate.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO you gotta tread carefully when discussing subjects like the Vietnam War. I can disagree with the motives for the war (I do), without shitting all over the brave servicemen and women who were sent to fight there. Remember, at that time, service wasn't exactly voluntary. The draft was big and inescapable for many. At a very young age, you just know that you're fighting a war for your country. You know little of the intricate politics behind the war itself. So I like to separate the politics and politicians from the soldiers who go over there and die. Did atrocities happen in Vietnam? Sure. But who here can attest to having been in a jungle environment, fighting an enemy who uses every possible means at their disposal, and knows the jungle 100 times more than you ever will? War is hell at any time and anywhere. But the Vietnam war was especially brutal. No smart bombs.... no drones.... no sandy, flat terrain to see your enemy coming from miles away. Just a jungle filled with booby traps.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Don't blame the French, they fled having lost 100, 000 men and you should have taken note. No, it was a war of your own choosing and on the way carried out genocide for a bunch of crooks in the south. 2 million dead people for what Walrus? Wanting their own nation state and having it run on their own terms? Isn't that what you wanted against the British?

I understand you are a patriotic kind of guy, but that was a needless war like most of them are. What business did Americans have in the jungles of Vietnam? Muhammad Ali was right when he said his enemy was right at home and not in Vietnam. That was a war against the interests of the American people. Did Trump go there? Did Bush? Did Clinton? No, it was the ordinary guy and they were defending a tyrannical South Vietnam in the interests of an elite that knew it was hopeless.

You sound a bit like the 'Let's nuke Japan chaps' with your evaluation of decades of carpet bombing. 'Just a few more days'.....2 million dead, Walrus. Every one of them with friends and family like yourself. Would you be happy were a foreign power carpet bombed your country? No, of course not. Sometimes you are wrong and that was a prime example. Even today people are dying of cancer because of the chemical weapons that were used. That's a cruel, cruel fate.
    I completely agree with Gandalf here. How dare people talk about a few more days of carpet bombing. All those white warmongers can go to hell because that's what we're talking about here they're all white. Does anybody know any black warmongers and if you do you can probably just name one or two. These are all white Anglo-Saxon warmongers. None of them are Armenian warmongers and none of them are Greek warmongers and none of them are Lebanese warmongers these are all white Anglo-Saxon warmongers let's be perfectly clear here. And Muhammad Ali was right the enemy was right there at home. there's no excuse for anybody in this country after what happened in Vietnam to not be able to know what the hell is going on with the military industrial complex and there was no excuse if you are in your teens and twenties by the 1980s or 1990s there's no excuse to contribute to that SATANIC war effort

BULLETS BIBLE AND BACON, RIGHT WHITE BOYS? NOW GET OUT THERE AND GIVE EM HELL BOYS. RED WHITE AND BLUE.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post

I completely agree with Gandalf here. How dare people talk about a few more days of carpet bombing. All those white warmongers can go to hell because that's what we're talking about here they're all white. Does anybody know any black warmongers and if you do you can probably just name one or two. These are all white Anglo-Saxon warmongers. None of them are Armenian warmongers and none of them are Greek warmongers and none of them are Lebanese warmongers these are all white Anglo-Saxon warmongers let's be perfectly clear here. And Muhammad Ali was right the enemy was right there at home. there's no excuse for anybody in this country after what happened in Vietnam to not be able to know what the hell is going on with the military industrial complex and there was no excuse if you are in your teens and twenties by the 1980s or 1990s there's no excuse to contribute to that SATANIC war effort

BULLETS BIBLE AND BACON, RIGHT WHITE BOYS? NOW GET OUT THERE AND GIVE EM HELL BOYS. RED WHITE AND BLUE.
    Have you been hacked. Or suffering a mild seizure when posting this? I get the whole trolly McTroll thing you've got going but why respond to something you 'completely agree with' and instead of anything specific you instead jump into the race trash heap. You're on a roll as of late.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I completely agree with you and I completely agree with Gandalf and I completely agree that white warmongers made the United States into the military-industrial satanic complex. That is really the truth you know.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i said nothing for or against Vietnam, I just stated facts I know from what I read, don’t put words in my mouth I think it was an unnecessary war. When did I ever say nuke japan. You are talking about shit that happened long before I was born. Damn miles I’m surprised at u
    Last edited by walrus; 09-20-2018 at 06:31 PM.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And miles u always bring up Nagasaki and Hiroshima which were indeed terrible but do you realize the firebombing of Germany which England participated in killed far more innocent humans? Carpet bombing with incendiary bombs of entire cities. What a horrible thought. They weren’t all Nazis.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

#triggered

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You wanna see warlike people check this shit out

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...olving_Armenia

Looks like they always want to kill. Thank god we don’t have any of them here

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tito, my post was a measured and considered one. The US elite themselves knew the war was pointless and Johnson didn't want to lose face so he EXPANDED the genocide of freedom fighters and sacrificed more innocent American people. It was something that should have been learned from. But no war after war after to just waste money and let the Taliban return meanwhile Bin Laden is allegedly in Pakistan. Allegedly.

My stance is not biased. I apply the same to the indiscriminate killing of civilians in any war. Using nukes to 'teach the Russians' was deprorable. It was a gross experiment. Can you imagine what that is like? You are lucky to be vaporised. Those not covered in burns, vomiting white gunk, dying of cancers. No, it is degenerate and cowardly.

You might have noticed a pattern but I oppose all of these wars. Brock is right on that point. Anyone now signing up has no excuse of naivety. Viernam was a monstrosity. Rolling Heavy Thunder was described as one of the most self defeating strategies of all time. It also broke America economically. After Vietnam completely abandoning dollar and gold. Now all these years later 20 trillion in debt and the solution is to 'build airplanes' and 'build more nukes'.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miles, you also seem to forget the holocaust Japan committed against China and about every other country of the time

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No double standards. Japan had an evil empire like the Nazis, but that does not excuse killing hundreds of thousands of INNOCENT people with nuclear bombs. That makes you akin to the Nazis. Find your Catholic heart and see what those people went through whilst going to work and walking to school. How would you feel? You would be dead.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The real abandonment by the U.S in Vietnam wasn't economic it was that of the South Vietnamese forces after public support collapsed. Same as rallying the Kurds only to walk away.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

South Vietnam was a series of MANY dictatorships opposed by the general public. The support of that only made tge Viet Cong grow and grow. If the US had got out in 1965 Vietnam would have united, had its elections and yes Ho Chi Minh would have won and could have been the end of it. But alas, no. 'Gotta fight those Commies'. To an American any move for Independence is 'Commie' and seemingly worth the death of millions along the way. What are you even doing there? Utter tragedy.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tito, my post was a measured and considered one. The US elite themselves knew the war was pointless and Johnson didn't want to lose face so he EXPANDED the genocide of freedom fighters and sacrificed more innocent American people. It was something that should have been learned from. But no war after war after to just waste money and let the Taliban return meanwhile Bin Laden is allegedly in Pakistan. Allegedly.

My stance is not biased. I apply the same to the indiscriminate killing of civilians in any war. Using nukes to 'teach the Russians' was deprorable. It was a gross experiment. Can you imagine what that is like? You are lucky to be vaporised. Those not covered in burns, vomiting white gunk, dying of cancers. No, it is degenerate and cowardly.

You might have noticed a pattern but I oppose all of these wars. Brock is right on that point. Anyone now signing up has no excuse of naivety. Viernam was a monstrosity. Rolling Heavy Thunder was described as one of the most self defeating strategies of all time. It also broke America economically. After Vietnam completely abandoning dollar and gold. Now all these years later 20 trillion in debt and the solution is to 'build airplanes' and 'build more nukes'.

Who's in a "tizzy" now?

My post wasn't even directed at you and merely made the distinction between hating wars, and hating those young boys who get/got drafted to go over and fight in Vietnam. You seem to have gone off on some tangent rant, to the point of declaring your point unbiased. WTF? What exactly did you read in my post that made it necessary to defend yourself?

Thread Information