No excuses now)))

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: WBC approves Spence vs Porter

Spence should win this without much difficulty but I would like to see Porter rough him up and humble him a little.

Hope to see Spence against Crawford soon so Crawford can feed him some humble pie as Spence has been running his mouth a lot recently.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quality fight and no one beats Porter easy. Spence will have to be at his very best, which he normally is, because Porter roughs up most fighters. This will be entertaining.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quality fight and no one beats Porter easy. Spence will have to be at his very best, which he normally is, because Porter roughs up most fighters. This will be entertaining.
    I have a feeling that Porter will rush in and walk on to something big. Or maybe I'm just overrating Spence.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Manos de Piedra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I have a feeling that Porter will rush in and walk on to something big. Or maybe I'm just overrating Spence.
    Porter is not the type to get stopped, but agree he will rush in and attack to try and throw Spence off his game because he will never out box Spence.

Spence is so cool and controlled that he should be able to handle the rushing tactic. I think it will go to points.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a good fight for Spence. He'll enhance his growing reputation and profile, and If Crawford can get an eye catching opponent and victory somewhere, it can keep building up a future mega fight .
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well hopefully a top welter finally decides not to duck Spence. It should be a great learning experience for Spence to get in there with a fighter like Porter. I think Spence wins it easily though.

El Kabong Guest

Good thing Floyd isn't offering to fight any of these guys

I like the matchup, Spence is quality and Porter is tried and tested he's good it will be an exciting matchup and hell yes I want to see Crawford fight the winner.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a good unification fight. I'd like to see it made.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Best of a division sorting out the house is what we need more of. Porter has shown improvement to me and proved he can alter style. Spence is doing what he should fighting top guys while talking up Crawford in a fans dream match. Be interesting to see Porters approach v Spence. His runaway bulldozer might be better than trying to fight tall and box with Spence. Cannot see that ending well for him. Spence gets tall himself and isn't a defensive wiz but the bad news he's churning those hammers inside and has superb punch selection with levels.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    And you know how I think. Porter, Thurman, Crawford. People always say you can’t fight top guy after top guy because there would be nobody left. Well even if it was one after another that goes into 2020. That’s time enough for another guy to get some clout. Maybe a fight is controversial so you run it again, now it’s end of 2020. More time. And it’s time for a star to appear at 154 as well. The concept you will run out of options so put off the options that are there makes no sense. You can fight the easy guy after the 3 hard guys the same as you could during, so strike while the iron is hot. People fighting twice a year don’t need soft touches.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    And you know how I think. Porter, Thurman, Crawford. People always say you can’t fight top guy after top guy because there would be nobody left. Well even if it was one after another that goes into 2020. That’s time enough for another guy to get some clout. Maybe a fight is controversial so you run it again, now it’s end of 2020. More time. And it’s time for a star to appear at 154 as well. The concept you will run out of options so put off the options that are there makes no sense. You can fight the easy guy after the 3 hard guys the same as you could during, so strike while the iron is hot. People fighting twice a year don’t need soft touches.
    Agreed. I always say that I don’t mind easier fights if you are fighting four times a year, but two times a year you definitely have time to recover and train properly

Thread Information