Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What if Povetkin pulls off the upset?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What if Povetkin pulls off the upset?

AJ isn't going to get the credit he deserves for winning because Povetkin is overshadowed by the two big mouths Wilder and Fury, even though in reality Povetkin is at the very least the equal of those two, possibly even a more dangerous style for AJ, who struggled several times in the amateurs with fundamentally rock solid stocky Eastern Europeans.

Should AJ lose he'll get unjustly slaughtered by all the muppets who'll claim they said all along Wilder and Fury would have ruined him (that's the common logic of div boxing fans).

Povetkin winnning pays a massive compliment to the Wlad era.

Povetkin winning will earn me a good few bob too.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Povetkin has no chance of winning.

Joshua-Povetkin will be very much like Hrgovic-Mansour: young bigger guy in his home country facing an old smaller guy.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    AJ isn't going to get the credit he deserves for winning because Povetkin is overshadowed by the two big mouths Wilder and Fury, even though in reality Povetkin is at the very least the equal of those two, possibly even a more dangerous style for AJ, who struggled several times in the amateurs with fundamentally rock solid stocky Eastern Europeans.

Should AJ lose he'll get unjustly slaughtered by all the muppets who'll claim they said all along Wilder and Fury would have ruined him (that's the common logic of div boxing fans).

It's a bit of a long shot though isn't it? At 38 very few HW's are able to sustain anything impressive, especially a smaller swarmer kind of fighter. Povetkin is good, but probably akin to how GGG would be at 38 fighting the best at SMW. It's a bit of a stretch at that age with that style. That's one reason why I think it would be quite funny. I always egg on the underdog.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If that happens then I'm going to frame the look on Eddie Hearn's face and hang it in the living room.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post

It's a bit of a long shot though isn't it? At 38 very few HW's are able to sustain anything impressive, especially a smaller swarmer kind of fighter. Povetkin is good, but probably akin to how GGG would be at 38 fighting the best at SMW. It's a bit of a stretch at that age with that style. That's one reason why I think it would be quite funny. I always egg on the underdog.
    I think Povetkin would iron Wilder out everyday of the week, however, granted he's getting on a bit and it will be disappointing if Joshua can't use his size and youth.

Ignoring the Russian meat there's a reason Povetkin is an Olympic/World amateur champion and only ever lost once in the paid ranks.

The only reason people are not hyped for this fight is Povetkin isn't a trash talker. Skills don't sell fights big mouths do.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is a bit of a long shot, but possible. It’s easier for a 38 year old HW to retain his strong points than it is for a MW or SMW. A HW pressure fighter doesn’t have to retain as much mobility as a MW.
    And they do say the last thing you lose is your power.
    One punch changes everything in the heavies.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't find anything better than 8-1 odds for a Povetkin KO win.
    He was 14-1 about 3-4 weeks ago.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    I can't find anything better than 8-1 odds for a Povetkin KO win.
    He was 14-1 about 3-4 weeks ago.
    I'm having a fiver on :
    Campbell - points
    Okolie - ko
    Pov- ko

£5 gets a return of £148

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

It is a bit of a long shot, but possible. It’s easier for a 38 year old HW to retain his strong points than it is for a MW or SMW. A HW pressure fighter doesn’t have to retain as much mobility as a MW.
    And they do say the last thing you lose is your power.
    One punch changes everything in the heavies.
    just takes 1 punch and as old as Povetkin is, you're right the last thing you lose is power. Let's see how cautious Joshua starts. If he hurts POV like Klitschko did he's got the youth to finish it.

Thread Information