Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would Floyd dare to come back for Canelo now?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Would Floyd dare to come back for Canelo now?

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Floyd is too old, small and irrelevant now to take on Canelo now.
    This is why I get angry about boxing talk. This is a lie and you know it’s a lie but you have no problem saying it. I see this crap multiple times a day. (Not necessarily from you)I don’t even understand the thought process that makes people think lying to each other is okay. What is the purpose?

Exactly where is the lying part? "Too old"?? Floyd's 41, and would be 42 by the time a Canelo fight would be made. Forty-two is ancient for the smaller weights.

"Too small"?? You're kidding, right? Canelo could easily pass for a cruiserweight..... and Floyd has ZERO business going within sniffing distance of 160. Overruled.

"Too irrevelant"?? This one must be the lie, I guess. So you feel Floyd is still relevant in boxing today? (cough)..... Well... you're certainly entitled to your opinion (chuckle).
    To be fair if Floyd announced he was returning to fight Canelo at 160, that would be big time relevant. I don't agree with it, but it is what it is.

Agree with the rest. Ron are you saying Floyd could return and defeat the current Canelo?

Master called Floyd irrelevant, which I personally believe he is. Those still hanging on to shreds of hope he'll come back are quickly dwindling in number, IMO. Of course if he signs to fight Canelo it'll be relevant in boxing, no matter how "circus-y" it is. But it's a sad statement to make for boxing, that a 41-year old retiree who hasn't had a legitimate boxing match in three years can still make a fight like this relevant.
    If he's going to hang around, I'd prefer he fight Canelo, or even fights with Spence, Crawford at 147, or Hurd, Charlo at 154. Or Mikey at 150 , rather than McGregor or Pac. Otherwise I'm not interested.

He knows at this point Spence or Crawford would kill him, and at a weight he's supposed to be comfortable at. Ditto Hurd and Charlo.

With Canelo he can always say, oh... but how could anyone have expected me to beat that monster at 160. The mind works in mysterious ways.

Nightmare scenario: Floyd fights Canelo at 160.... loses.... adds to Canelo's myth.... while having a good excuse to have lost his "0".

But you're right. Pacquiao is been there done that, and McGregor is (shudder) just ridiculous shet.
    Or worse, Mayweather takes the challenge, wins and cements his place as an absolute ATG.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is why I get angry about boxing talk. This is a lie and you know it’s a lie but you have no problem saying it. I see this crap multiple times a day. (Not necessarily from you)I don’t even understand the thought process that makes people think lying to each other is okay. What is the purpose?

Exactly where is the lying part? "Too old"?? Floyd's 41, and would be 42 by the time a Canelo fight would be made. Forty-two is ancient for the smaller weights.

"Too small"?? You're kidding, right? Canelo could easily pass for a cruiserweight..... and Floyd has ZERO business going within sniffing distance of 160. Overruled.

"Too irrevelant"?? This one must be the lie, I guess. So you feel Floyd is still relevant in boxing today? (cough)..... Well... you're certainly entitled to your opinion (chuckle).
    To be fair if Floyd announced he was returning to fight Canelo at 160, that would be big time relevant. I don't agree with it, but it is what it is.

Agree with the rest. Ron are you saying Floyd could return and defeat the current Canelo?

Master called Floyd irrelevant, which I personally believe he is. Those still hanging on to shreds of hope he'll come back are quickly dwindling in number, IMO. Of course if he signs to fight Canelo it'll be relevant in boxing, no matter how "circus-y" it is. But it's a sad statement to make for boxing, that a 41-year old retiree who hasn't had a legitimate boxing match in three years can still make a fight like this relevant.
    If he's going to hang around, I'd prefer he fight Canelo, or even fights with Spence, Crawford at 147, or Hurd, Charlo at 154. Or Mikey at 150 , rather than McGregor or Pac. Otherwise I'm not interested.

He knows at this point Spence or Crawford would kill him, and at a weight he's supposed to be comfortable at. Ditto Hurd and Charlo.

With Canelo he can always say, oh... but how could anyone have expected me to beat that monster at 160. The mind works in mysterious ways.

Nightmare scenario: Floyd fights Canelo at 160.... loses.... adds to Canelo's myth.... while having a good excuse to have lost his "0".

But you're right. Pacquiao is been there done that, and McGregor is (shudder) just ridiculous shet.
    Or worse, Mayweather takes the challenge, wins and cements his place as an absolute ATG.

I would be laughing at Canelo for the rest of my life..... and Master would need to be institutionalized.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saying Floyd is irrelevant is a lie. Didn’t think that would be hard to sort out because it’s so obviously not true.

Fact is if Floyd fought Canelo again it would be huge. If Floyd fought GGG it would be huge. If Floyd fought Spence it would be huge. As much as we don’t like it if Floyd fights PAC again it will be huge. Crawford, Mikey, Thurman, Name a top guy and if Floyd fights him it would be huge. That’s relevance and it’s exactly why I want him to go away.

As always I want the best vs the best. Floyd is no longer in that conversation so I want him to go away so people don’t think about him. I don’t want people thinking “as long as I don’t lose I might get Floyd” I want people eager to make their names fighting the best.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saying Floyd is irrelevant is a lie. Didn’t think that would be hard to sort out because it’s so obviously not true.

Fact is if Floyd fought Canelo again it would be huge. If Floyd fought GGG it would be huge. If Floyd fought Spence it would be huge. As much as we don’t like it if Floyd fights PAC again it will be huge. Crawford, Mikey, Thurman, Name a top guy and if Floyd fights him it would be huge. That’s relevance and it’s exactly why I want him to go away.

As always I want the best vs the best. Floyd is no longer in that conversation so I want him to go away so people don’t think about him. I don’t want people thinking “as long as I don’t lose I might get Floyd” I want people eager to make their names fighting the best.
    Nice post.

You forgot to mention that it doesn't even have to be a top guy in boxing.

#floydrousey Wrestlemania
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would be laughing at Canelo for the rest of my life..... and Master would need to be institutionalized.
    He's needed since 2012

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are always angry about boxing talk, when are you ever happy?

When I write irrelevant I mean there is no way on god's green earth that Floyd will fight Canelo at 160lb now.

It is a way just to get publicity because no one is talking about him. Floyd graves attention and I do not want any given to him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Master every boxer pretty much has craved attention over the years. Why should Floyd be any different? On top of that he is recently retired and is really missing the action. I think he has enough left that he can beat Canelo in a decision even at 160. He would embarrass Canelo because he is too fast for Canelo. Canelo throws short punches. Mayweather will always be moving laterally and back. Canelo will not land any punches at all. The only way Canelo lands punches is if somebody stands right in front of him like Triple G did

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When I write irrelevant I mean there is no way on god's green earth that Floyd will fight Canelo at 160lb now.

It is a way just to get publicity because no one is talking about him. Floyd graves attention and I do not want any given to him.
    If you mean that say that, don’t say nonsense.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Perhaps if you stopped reading too much into my posts and being over dramatic you would have understood​ it.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Perhaps if you stopped reading too much into my posts and being over dramatic you would have understood​ it.
    I didn’t read too much, I read what you wrote. It was nonsense. That’s why you backtracked.

No worries mate, just be better next time.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn’t read too much, I read what you wrote. It was nonsense. That’s why you backtracked.

No worries mate, just be better next time.
    I am not worried, just unclench from time to time.

Thread Information