Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury v Wilder - Staples Center, Los Angeles 1/12/18

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Piss poor undercard, really dreadful. There was talk initially of Santa Cruz vs GARY Russell and Mares vs gervonta davis, I think those fights are even still happening at a later date? Lsc and Mares are both from LA and sell tickets, and those fights would have made it a mega event for any boxing fan. I’d almost guarantee the numbers they would have propped this card up by would have made any demands they had as far as purses been well worth it. You have to think someone really shit the bed here.
    The only fight I'm interested in on the undercard is Mark Anthony Barriga v Carlos Licona. But yea the undercard is a letdown from what was initially mentioned.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's really disappointing to see that 2 of the best 3 heavyweights are fighting and the fight is getting so much hate, to a point where people are looking for any reason to complain. ticket sales aren't good so it must be a shit fight, right? The undercard is shit so the fight will be shit, right? The undercard still has some really good fighters and the main fight itself is amazing with the top 2 guys fighting in a pick 'em type fight. We should be happy and hope things change from here on when it comes to top guys fighting, considering how difficult it is these days to get the top guys to fight. As boxing enthusiasts, we should find positives in this for any casuals that may read, thus helping our sport and changing the image it has right now where our top two guys can't sell for shit. I'm not saying let's pretend the negative is not there but let's bring some positivity in to the forum. Since I've been back from my hiatus on this forum, I have seen a big change and it seems to me that a lot of negativity has spread and it's off putting. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is just my general observation as of recent.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Manos de Piedra View Post
    It's really disappointing to see that 2 of the best 3 heavyweights are fighting and the fight is getting so much hate, to a point where people are looking for any reason to complain. ticket sales aren't good so it must be a shit fight, right? The undercard is shit so the fight will be shit, right? The undercard still has some really good fighters and the main fight itself is amazing with the top 2 guys fighting in a pick 'em type fight. We should be happy and hope things change from here on when it comes to top guys fighting, considering how difficult it is these days to get the top guys to fight. As boxing enthusiasts, we should find positives in this for any casuals that may read, thus helping our sport and changing the image it has right now where our top two guys can't sell for shit. I'm not saying let's pretend the negative is not there but let's bring some positivity in to the forum. Since I've been back from my hiatus on this forum, I have seen a big change and it seems to me that a lot of negativity has spread and it's off putting. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is just my general observation as of recent.

Well put.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't disagree with the general theme of the post, but I don't think anyone has a problem with the fight itself. It's as intriguing as it gets for me, pure bull versus matador stuff and I cant wait. As fans we want our big attractions to cross over into the mainstream and the heavyweight championship of the world is as big as it gets. Without the X-Factor of someone like AJ who could sell snow to Eskimos, the whole promotion needs to work and work well. The venue, how full it is, the under card are all integral to the overall package and how it's received not just by boxing fans but by Joe Bloggs on the street. The concerns voiced here are done so out of a genuine concern for boxing, the package and how it's perceived by boxing and non boxing fans alike.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    I don't disagree with the general theme of the post, but I don't think anyone has a problem with the fight itself. It's as intriguing as it gets for me, pure bull versus matador stuff and I cant wait. As fans we want our big attractions to cross over into the mainstream and the heavyweight championship of the world is as big as it gets. Without the X-Factor of someone like AJ who could sell snow to Eskimos, the whole promotion needs to work and work well. The venue, how full it is, the under card are all integral to the overall package and how it's received not just by boxing fans but by Joe Bloggs on the street. The concerns voiced here are done so out of a genuine concern for boxing, the package and how it's perceived by boxing and non boxing fans alike.
    Fair enough.
    I guess my post more was out of frustration due to what I'm seeing on the forum, I don't want to go into specifics of what it is exactly as I don't want to become a part of it. This thread was 'the straw that broke the camel's back' type situation and the reason I bothered posting in the first place is because there are some great posters here and I have some respect for this place as compared to the internet in general, where I wouldn't bother wasting a moment on thought, nevermind making a comment. So I just felt like I could express myself a little in a place where there are some respectable posters, whose opinions I value.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Fair enough.
    I guess my post more was out of frustration due to what I'm seeing on the forum, I don't want to go into specifics of what it is exactly as I don't want to become a part of it. This thread was 'the straw that broke the camel's back' type situation and the reason I bothered posting in the first place is because there are some great posters here and I have some respect for this place as compared to the internet in general, where I wouldn't bother wasting a moment on thought, nevermind making a comment. So I just felt like I could express myself a little in a place where there are some respectable posters, whose opinions I value.
    I understand where your're coming from, I like the fight, I have o problem with this fight, I just think opportunities have been missed.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What I like most about the fight is the willingness of two top guys to fight. The fight was made with a minimum of jockeying for position and a minimum of negotiations drama. Total contrast with the talks between AJ and Wilder that had preceded these. Also in total contrast with other divisions and other top draws, who seem to live off the jockeying and the dodging and the marinating. It gets to the point where boxing fans become jaded and drained. The fight may or may not be of great quality, competitiveness, or what have you. But if it happens (still nervous about a possible pullout by Fury), kudos to both for doing "a Nike"...... Just Do It. The undercard is the undercard.... and I've seen enough to know sometimes they live up to the promise... sometimes they don't. It's unpredictable. Hopefully this fight (main event) will give boxing in general that little nudge toward just making the big fights without all the unnecessary and tiring drama.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight ain't half as big as Fury/Wilder fans and AJ haters made out, that's all. And the poor ticket sales and lack of "casual" interest is just the facts and figures being discussed.

The truth why it's not the mega fight many thought is --- it's a fight to become the clear 2nd best heavyweight in the world. And everyone knows it. To quote Mike - AJ could draw more people to watch him have a five knuckle shuffle than these two can to fight.

Personally I think the buildup and promotion has been superb, the BT/Showtime films are great.
    Last edited by Fenster; 11-24-2018 at 07:04 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can’t believe this is just a week away.

This is when I usually start to take a big interest but not seeing much really - I don’t have bt sport but will pay for this one. All seems quiet.

What’s latest from Fury ?? Is he bottling it ??
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Can’t believe this is just a week away.

This is when I usually start to take a big interest but not seeing much really - I don’t have bt sport but will pay for this one. All seems quiet.

What’s latest from Fury ?? Is he bottling it ??
    If Fury was going to pull out, he would have done it by now. The fight is on and Fury looks to good shape.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hope he is.

Not seen any footage of him of late

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So I’ve just checked how to pay for the fight and you have to be registered with bt sport box office - as I’m not already a customer as have sky

Tried to register and it failed on submission of card details though now stuck in a loop as if I try to re register it says already registered and if I try to log in it says no such account.

How many will leave it till the day....

I can see thousands not being able to pay for it Saturday when they try - sky customers will assume it’s just a click on the remote.

Cunts

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    So I’ve just checked how to pay for the fight and you have to be registered with bt sport box office - as I’m not already a customer as have sky

Tried to register and it failed on submission of card details though now stuck in a loop as if I try to re register it says already registered and if I try to log in it says no such account.

How many will leave it till the day....

I can see thousands not being able to pay for it Saturday when they try - sky customers will assume it’s just a click on the remote.

Cunts
    Think Sky are doing it on purpose?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I never thought of that. Its the bt website that's failing for me.

I've now managed to register after being on the phone but my payment has failed three times. I've given up for now.

Oh for a simple click on the remote.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thread Information