Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury v Wilder - Staples Center, Los Angeles 1/12/18

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    SOOOOO MUUUUCH TALKING.....I mean I get it, the fighters have mics shoved in their faces and the media want soundbites, the fans want drama, but holy shit it drives me nuts as a fan sometimes because we'll hear all this talking and then post fight "Oh I didn't win because I have a broken pinky toe" or some other bullshit excuse for why the fight wasn't a slugfest or KO as they predicted.

The mind games that are played are pointless IMO...you want to get in a fighter's head? Well if you don't do it right you COULD get them completely focused, you COULD reveal your own gameplan and they'll just be ready for that and use it against you, you COULD inspire your foe to victory with bulletin board material.

My point is that talking so much shit it reaches a point of diminishing returns...it is not exciting as a fan when 100% of everyone is all "I'm going to kill that guy!", yes yes we know, everyone else says that shit too the winners AND the losers.
    I’m just not into most talking anymore because it’s so fabricated. I feel that most people talk a ton of trash and then lose and contratulate their opponents and act like friends. If you like each other then you don’t have to talk trash. If you really hate each other then it’s entertaining.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    What the fuck was that mask all about ?

Fury looks ten years younger today
    He always wears the mask...I don't know I don't read too much into it

Shaving the beard and shedding a few dozen pounds will do that

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Wilder is not a super heavyweight. He is only 212. That’s crazy. He’s probably not any heavier than many cruiserweights. I wonder if he could sweat down another 12 pounds.
    Deontay is pretty damned skinny....he's like a heavyweight Tommy Hearns or Paul Williams.

Do you fellas think their weights impact their strategies?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it may be as simple as what they're comfortable at. No obscure strategies.... no hidden weight-related tactics. That's the uniqueness about the HW division. It's open-ended. Deontay as Lyle said is a skinny HW, much like a HW Tommy Hearns. Fury like putting on the weight. Yes, he may feel he can use it to surprise Deontay with power but it's probably Fury just settling in to where he feels comfortable. He's a big man, and out of boxing he'll probably balloon up to the mid 300's for sure. Fascinating this size difference. It's not like one's tall and the other short. More like skinny versus borderline fat. Crossing my fingers it'll live up to the hype. Actually hoping it exceeds it, because many boxing insiders don't expect much.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder is a stone too light, Fury is half a stone too heavy.
    This will end with the referee making a controversial stoppage , jumping in as Wilder’s arms are flailing and hardly any of the shots will be connecting. Fury will go mental cos he isn’t hurt, all hell will let loose with Fury’s mob in the ring and there will be a rematch.
    All of this because they both don’t really want Joshua , and a rematch will drive up the final winner’s share of the purse with AJ.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

El Kabong Guest

I think Wilder is trying to match speed with speed...Fury does have an awkward style, but Wilder ain't gun shy.

I just want to see some action

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If leaning is a factor that could wear on Wilder. He needs to land his shots hard and that's when Fury will grab and lean. Yet if he tries to pot shot and move he could get outboxed himself. It is a very unusual fight. Hopefully a crazy KO from Wilder but it will do him some good to go a few rounds and see how he stands up against another top fighter.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd imagine Wilder is lighter than normal because he's looking for endurance and going deep in the fight....Fury is a bit heavy, maybe he's coming to drop bombs and try to chin Deontay.

Who knows

212lbs is too light. Fury will be not only the slicker fighter but a huge weight advantage too. Looks like wilder has no other way to win apart from finding that bingo punch

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Wilder is a stone too light, Fury is half a stone too heavy.
    This will end with the referee making a controversial stoppage , jumping in as Wilder’s arms are flailing and hardly any of the shots will be connecting. Fury will go mental cos he isn’t hurt, all hell will let loose with Fury’s mob in the ring and there will be a rematch.
    All of this because they both don’t really want Joshua , and a rematch will drive up the final winner’s share of the purse with AJ.
    Oh Dear, that's a bit of a sad prediction, hope your not right but these things happen with 'questionable' referees

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes. With the dodgy Jack Reiss as the referee, it's very likely that there will be an early stoppage in favor of Wilder.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    If leaning is a factor that could wear on Wilder. He needs to land his shots hard and that's when Fury will grab and lean. Yet if he tries to pot shot and move he could get outboxed himself. It is a very unusual fight. Hopefully a crazy KO from Wilder but it will do him some good to go a few rounds and see how he stands up against another top fighter.
    Wilder!!! Potshot!!!! What videos you been watching? How is he going to potshot or jab a taller man with a massively longer reach, airshots all night and he'll probably trip over his own feet at least 3 times. Granted the ref may give points because Fury tripped him, but there is a suspicion he may be biased.

Mis match

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think some of you guys have been drinking too much of that "atomic windmill Kool-aid" that was being served by a former colleague. Not only that. Fury is now some master boxer out of nowhere, whose dazzling moves will make Wilder miss every single one of his shots. Wow... ok. If that's how it goes down, I'll be the first to admit how wrong I was. Frankly, I see Fury being wary of Wilder's shots and he won't be able dodge every single one of them for 12 rounds. Once that happens, the difference between Wilder and Cunningham will become all too clear. On Wilder's side, I suspect he'll be expecting Fury's dazzling boxing moves, and will at least try and attempt to keep his "atomic windmills" under control.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Yes. With the dodgy Jack Reiss as the referee, it's very likely that there will be an early stoppage in favor of Wilder.
    What fights has he been poor in, I'd like to see

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I think some of you guys have been drinking too much of that "atomic windmill Kool-aid" that was being served by a former colleague. Not only that. Fury is now some master boxer out of nowhere, whose dazzling moves will make Wilder miss every single one of his shots. Wow... ok. If that's how it goes down, I'll be the first to admit how wrong I was. Frankly, I see Fury being wary of Wilder's shots and he won't be able dodge every single one of them for 12 rounds. Once that happens, the difference between Wilder and Cunningham will become all too clear. On Wilder's side, I suspect he'll be expecting Fury's dazzling boxing moves, and will at least try and attempt to keep his "atomic windmills" under control.
    It’s as if people forget that Fury was never really that good. He beat Wlad but besides that he never looked impressive. I was never high on Fury. I never thought he looked that good.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    What fights has he been poor in, I'd like to see
    Kessler-Ward, many others. He always favors the American boxer.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Wilder!!! Potshot!!!! What videos you been watching? How is he going to potshot or jab a taller man with a massively longer reach, airshots all night and he'll probably trip over his own feet at least 3 times. Granted the ref may give points because Fury tripped him, but there is a suspicion he may be biased.

Mis match
    Wilder has a decent jab when he uses it and pot shot as in moving and then looking for the big punch himself before getting away. He has the speed to do it. Fury isn't that much taller at all. Personally I think Wilder is too light, but then again, maybe his plan is to move and be more elusive than Fury and wait for his big moments. He is unlikely to want a close inside fight. Maybe Fury does. Fury has looked odd on his legs for the last two fights IMO. If that is the same, then Wilder will land his shots and plenty of them. Fury himself hasn't fought a man this tall since Wlad years ago and even then only pot shotted himself.

Thread Information