Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury v Wilder - Staples Center, Los Angeles 1/12/18

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I think we're being overly hard on Wilder. Sure, some of us predicted a Wilder KO win..... but it's not like the guy's done or unfixable. He had never faced a bigger man with a longer reach. He had never faced someone with such an unorthodox style as Fury. Yes, he became wild at times... but he put Fury on the canvas TWICE. The second time with a beautiful one-two combination. He needs to continue facing stiffer opposition and continue to work on his shortcomings. He's a great athlete, so that's not a stretch. A good trainer will continue to pound on the wide right hands, because Wilder is capable of throwing a straight one.

TBH, right now I rate both Wilder and Fury more than Joshua, just because of their willingness to face each other, and they did put on a good show. I for one would love to see it again.
    Well said. I agree with that. Fury is a freak in terms of build and style and likely very difficult to prepare for, but Wilder certainly did a darn sight better than Wlad. He can do better now he knows what he is up against, but so can Fury. I think he needs a trainer to get serious with him on the technique. Punches were thrown that were never going to land and then he would smother his own work and again that is just a waste. For an athlete Wilder needs to learn how to close the gap and get out again better than he does. A lot of room to improve, but is he willing to do it at 33? That power is deadly and his get out clause, but 2 fights in a row now and he has got himself into trouble on the cards. Needs a bit more to win more rounds as well as get those KD's.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Joshua should take wilder on now. I can see Fury taking some time out.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury if he stays focused will be back to his best fighting strength for the rematch, if it happens.

I think he'll win even more decisively, by KO or TKO.
    Last edited by Freedom; 12-03-2018 at 04:28 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I think we're being overly hard on Wilder. Sure, some of us predicted a Wilder KO win..... but it's not like the guy's done or unfixable. He had never faced a bigger man with a longer reach. He had never faced someone with such an unorthodox style as Fury. Yes, he became wild at times... but he put Fury on the canvas TWICE. The second time with a beautiful one-two combination. He needs to continue facing stiffer opposition and continue to work on his shortcomings. He's a great athlete, so that's not a stretch. A good trainer will continue to pound on the wide right hands, because Wilder is capable of throwing a straight one.

TBH, right now I rate both Wilder and Fury more than Joshua, just because of their willingness to face each other, and they did put on a good show. I for one would love to see it again.
    First thing I thought of was late sub Washington even feeding him the tall jab early on. Wilder had the same look. Better to learn most basics before a guy gets on the level of shouting out for the elite in division. Used to call them top contenders needing to step up comp when they did that mostly. Wilder has a superb 1-2 really bow and arrow combo. Reminds me of Jermain Taylor with it but not like he can now go back to some Alabama bingo hall and run up another 10 wins. Or can he. The rematch will be steered by Fury and it's a massive career reboot for Wilder, just wish he was matched tougher when he was still arriving.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the ref gave Fury far too much time after the 12th round KD. Must have been a good 30 seconds before they started fighting again. That was off for me.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Post fight live....

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Fucking disgrace, can't find anyone (with half a clue) that had Wilder winning.
    Why is it a disgrace? Sure 115-111 is a disgrace, but a clear case for a draw can be made. Are KD's not meant to be scored? They make a round count double pretty much.
    No they don't. Fury had an argument for winning both rounds he was knocked down in.

Nobody thinks Wilder won.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why is it a disgrace? Sure 115-111 is a disgrace, but a clear case for a draw can be made. Are KD's not meant to be scored? They make a round count double pretty much.
    No they don't. Fury had an argument for winning both rounds he was knocked down in.

It is very rare a KD round is scored 10-9 just because you land a few more shots. Those were 10-8 rounds. They score extra points. The first 4 rounds were nip and tuck. I gave Wilder 2 of them. Mathematically you end up with 6-6.

I agree I do not think Wilder won the fight, but based on scoring round by round neither did Fury. Fury was the better boxer, but he couldn't stay on his feet.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everybody here knows I don't like Fury , however he won that fight .

Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury won that even with the two KDs. I don't hate on or dislike wilder but he looked like an off balance bum out there. Apart from those two punches that scored the KDs, he did jack all. Credit to Fury for getting up from such a huge shot in the last round where he was out cold. It was like Holmes recovering from the Shavers KD. I'd love to see the rematch and a more dominant Fury.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I meant to say usa not yea .dam autocorrect

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That’s right.

No one thinks Wilder won
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And on that note I’m off back to bed.

Conclusion. Fury really is as good as a lot of people thought he wasn’t...

Does that even make sense ? I’m tired.

Will wilder think he can beat him in a rematch ?

Will fury want a year off ?

What will AJ be thinking ?

2019 will be interesting

Good night
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is very rare a KD round is scored 10-9 just because you land a few more shots. Those were 10-8 rounds. They score extra points. The first 4 rounds were nip and tuck. I gave Wilder 2 of them. Mathematically you end up with 6-6.

I agree I do not think Wilder won the fight, but based on scoring round by round neither did Fury. Fury was the better boxer, but he couldn't stay on his feet.
    You might want to check your math a bit there. It’s still 8-4, Fury just loses two points. That gives you 114-112, an acceptable score. What rounds could you give Wilder after the 4th, aside from 9 and 12? The fact it’s scored round by round is exactly why the result is rubbish. Casual fans won’t have a problem with the draw because it looked like Fury was dead for 6 seconds.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post

You might want to check your math a bit there. It’s still 8-4, Fury just loses two points. That gives you 114-112, an acceptable score. What rounds could you give Wilder after the 4th, aside from 9 and 12? The fact it’s scored round by round is exactly why the result is rubbish. Casual fans won’t have a problem with the draw because it looked like Fury was dead for 6 seconds.
    Yep, just saying that I gave Wilder 2 of 4 and that the knock downs count, but you are right to call me out on the numbers. Of those first 4 they were all nip and tuck so see how a draw is feasible. Either way I don't think Wilder did enough and thought he needed a stoppage going into that final round. You could potentially have Fury up 4 after 4 or even Wilder, neither was landing much. I only watched the fight live so wasn't exactly scoring it closely myself.

Fury better boxer.
    Wilder demon puncher.

Fury made it too close by not being careful enough. He didn't need to take any risks in that final round.

Thread Information