Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Forum voted divisional rankings 20 September 2018

Only 1 of the 4 (yourself) that voted on 135 had Loma ahead.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good stuff bud. I missed a number of the votes but might have Taylor over Prograis. 140 is about to have a ton of shake up though and should be very good. As much as we may say it through clenched teeth Canelo holds a win over Golovkin and showed he can adjust a bit. Had it been an out right robbery to majority I can see an asterisk "win" and second place but just me. And he's still a spoiled cheat . On potential and ability Charlo for me takes them all but you have to have those miles logged win or lose and so far at 160 he's demolished a one legged fighter who shouldn't have been in there and beat up a showcase opponent. Have you considered a top 5? Might round it off a bit with just misses like Ortiz or Stevenson. Awesome work Alpha.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Class Idea Alpha. Thanks for putting the work in. Makes a big difference to the forum. Sorry I missed the first vote thread but will be sure to vote in the next one.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Good stuff bud. I missed a number of the votes but might have Taylor over Prograis. 140 is about to have a ton of shake up though and should be very good. As much as we may say it through clenched teeth Canelo holds a win over Golovkin and showed he can adjust a bit. Had it been an out right robbery to majority I can see an asterisk "win" and second place but just me. And he's still a spoiled cheat . On potential and ability Charlo for me takes them all but you have to have those miles logged win or lose and so far at 160 he's demolished a one legged fighter who shouldn't have been in there and beat up a showcase opponent. Have you considered a top 5? Might round it off a bit with just misses like Ortiz or Stevenson. Awesome work Alpha.
    Appreciate the votes you did make. Next time, the more the better.

It has been interesting to see how others see the divisions.

I have extended the rankings to top 5, as there have been a couple of requests.

I also discovered that I had made an error in calculations for Light-heavy. The correct 175 rankings are now updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Class Idea Alpha. Thanks for putting the work in. Makes a big difference to the forum. Sorry I missed the first vote thread but will be sure to vote in the next one.
    Cheers Beanz, look forward to your votes on the next one. I'm might even collect top 5 P4P votes in the next one.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LIGHTWEIGHT:
    1. Mikey Garcia
    2. Vasyl Lomachenko
    3. Jorge Linares
    4. Jose Pedraza
    5. Robert Easter Jr

Luke Campbell should be no.4 (5 minimum). Mendy (I had no.5 before this weekend), Perez and a close loss to Linares (SD) is better than anything Pedraza or Easter Jr has done.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People are very high on Munguia. I just don’t think he’s that good. He is a tough Mexican fighter but IMO he isn’t good enough to be ranked #4 at the moment.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    LIGHTWEIGHT:
    1. Mikey Garcia
    2. Vasyl Lomachenko
    3. Jorge Linares
    4. Jose Pedraza
    5. Robert Easter Jr

Luke Campbell should be no.4 (5 minimum). Mendy (I had no.5 before this weekend), Perez and a close loss to Linares (SD) is better than anything Pedraza or Easter Jr has done.
    Please vote on the next rankings, as the more votes can help shape the rankings. Of the 4 voters who ranked 135, Campbell didn't receive a single vote.

You could make the argument for Campbell as high as 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    People are very high on Munguia. I just don’t think he’s that good. He is a tough Mexican fighter but IMO he isn’t good enough to be ranked #4 at the moment.
    I like his activity, he is looking to fight again in Dec, which would be his 6th fight of the year. I'm surprised Brook made 5th over Castano and Trout.

#1 heavyweight Anthony Joshua records a KO victory over our #4 rated heavyweight Alexander Povetkin.

Unranked Kosei Tanaka records a points victory over our #5 flyweight Sho Kimura.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Love his approach and volume. Much to work on still with more defensive holes than a pasta strainer but has held up early. Theory is he already has a title so he can't go backwards in comp but fight with Cook was a sanctioned street mugging. Definitely have him behind..Hurd Charlo and Lara in that order.

5 spot is where rankings can get tricky. I'll go Trout over a Brook. Trout has 9 lives and has taken some punishment late but that 154 competition. But it's catching up. Brook has the skill and push but as far as official division has work to do.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Love his approach and volume. Much to work on still with more defensive holes than a pasta strainer but has held up early. Theory is he already has a title so he can't go backwards in comp but fight with Cook was a sanctioned street mugging. Definitely have him behind..Hurd Charlo and Lara in that order.

5 spot is where rankings can get tricky. I'll go Trout over a Brook. Trout has 9 lives and has taken some punishment late but that 154 competition. But it's catching up. Brook has the skill and push but as far as official division has work to do.
    I don’t see Munguia beating Trout. Trout has fought both Charlos, Lara, and Hurd. Lara beat him pretty good but the others he gave them some trouble. I think he would be too crafty for such a raw talent like Munguia. Same with Brook. I don’t see Brook losing to Munguia at this point. Obviously he is young and can improve, but I just don’t think he is there yet.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don’t see Munguia beating Trout. Trout has fought both Charlos, Lara, and Hurd. Lara beat him pretty good but the others he gave them some trouble. I think he would be too crafty for such a raw talent like Munguia. Same with Brook. I don’t see Brook losing to Munguia at this point. Obviously he is young and can improve, but I just don’t think he is there yet.
    Yeh you're right Trout has that verified depth. The man has ring guile and acts the professional. But I think Munguia is pushing middleweight and all comes down to physicality and output would again wear Trout down. I'd love to see how Munguia dealt with those quick trap counters Trout brings early. I like Brook full of skill but feel like he needs to plot smartly going forward. Going from Golovkin to Spence was a bit nuts and the same injuries linger.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh you're right Trout has that verified depth. The man has ring guile and acts the professional. But I think Munguia is pushing middleweight and all comes down to physicality and output would again wear Trout down. I'd love to see how Munguia dealt with those quick trap counters Trout brings early. I like Brook full of skill but feel like he needs to plot smartly going forward. Going from Golovkin to Spence was a bit nuts and the same injuries linger.
    Personally I see Castano beating them both. He don't seem to get a lot of love here yet. But wait, it's coming. Trout has the experience in top opposition but is on the other side of the slope at this stage. I think Castano can pick Munguia apart.

Brook has no place above these 3 at 154 for me.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

Personally I see Castano beating them both. He don't seem to get a lot of love here yet. But wait, it's coming. Trout has the experience in top opposition but is on the other side of the slope at this stage. I think Castano can pick Munguia apart.

Now thats one who needs to come back to the States with his new strap. Yeh I can't see Trout afforded the distance or time with that buzzsaw at this stage but from what I've seen Castano can also sit right in front of a guy counting on a high guard. Great hand speed and punch mix though. At first glance he looks a bit undersized for 154 and not sure why. Need to see more of him now at high caliber.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

Now thats one who needs to come back to the States with his new strap. Yeh I can't see Trout afforded the distance or time with that buzzsaw at this stage but from what I've seen Castano can also sit right in front of a guy counting on a high guard. Great hand speed and punch mix though. At first glance he looks a bit undersized for 154 and not sure why. Need to see more of him now at high caliber.

Yea he needs to work on getting off-line after throwing his shots and tighten that defense, definitely still work to do, but lots to work with:

They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

might have Taylor over Prograis.
    Just wanted to touch on this as well. I have Prograis ove Taylor currently, although I feel Taylor has the perfect style to defeat Prograis, but that is not an easy fight for either guy.

I wanted to give Prograis a little props, I was going to start a thread on it, but I'll post it here instead.

A lot of the things Prograis does (especially on offense) is highly underrated, as is the case with many outstanding fighters today. Fans should be focusing on fighters and fights.

Although Prograis keeps his hands low, if you watch him when he is coming forward, his head movement is fantastic. He is always keeping that head of the line, with faints, pivots, changing levels etc. Top quality stuff.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Attached Images
    Last edited by Alpha; 10-02-2018 at 09:55 PM.
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information