Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HBO 'Getting out of Live Boxing'

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: HBO 'Getting out of Live Boxing'

MLB has a channel of it's own, NBA has a channel of it's own, NFL has a channel of it's own, NHL has a channel of it's own....combat sports/martial arts needs a channel of it's own. If I was Dana White I'd be looking at doing exactly that and including boxing, including K-1, hell you could include sumo wrestling for fucks sake.

I would want to have Bob Papa and Al Bernstein call the boxing, I'd get Harold Lederman to do the scoring. I like Joe Tessitore I don't mind Teddy Atlas so much, he's opinionated, he gives silly analogies but they are related to what IS happening or what MIGHT happen.

Lampley is a drama queen and calls fights in a hyperbolic manner. If a fight is boring he sounds like a coke addict suffering withdrawals. If a fight has ANY pulse to it he sounds like he's been invited over to Pablo Escobar's house.

Max Kellerman has transformed from a decent commentator to some haughty sanctimonious jackass. "The story of the fight" is a line I won't soon forget from him....there's no need for that kind of bullshit. He's trying to be Bob Costas is what it is, a guy who interjects his disconnected point of view into sports. I don't want that, I don't need that...tell me FACTS tell me STRATEGY don't try to sell me a plotline if I wanted that I'd watch more pro wrestling.

Roy Jones Jr is just sad as an announcer.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    MLB has a channel of it's own, NBA has a channel of it's own, NFL has a channel of it's own, NHL has a channel of it's own....combat sports/martial arts needs a channel of it's own. If I was Dana White I'd be looking at doing exactly that and including boxing, including K-1, hell you could include sumo wrestling for fucks sake.

I would want to have Bob Papa and Al Bernstein call the boxing, I'd get Harold Lederman to do the scoring. I like Joe Tessitore I don't mind Teddy Atlas so much, he's opinionated, he gives silly analogies but they are related to what IS happening or what MIGHT happen.

Lampley is a drama queen and calls fights in a hyperbolic manner. If a fight is boring he sounds like a coke addict suffering withdrawals. If a fight has ANY pulse to it he sounds like he's been invited over to Pablo Escobar's house.

Max Kellerman has transformed from a decent commentator to some haughty sanctimonious jackass. "The story of the fight" is a line I won't soon forget from him....there's no need for that kind of bullshit. He's trying to be Bob Costas is what it is, a guy who interjects his disconnected point of view into sports. I don't want that, I don't need that...tell me FACTS tell me STRATEGY don't try to sell me a plotline if I wanted that I'd watch more pro wrestling.

Roy Jones Jr is just sad as an announcer.

Good choices all but.................. Harold Lederman scoring??

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....

Once win a couple of rounds with this guy, he gets stuck on 1st gear and gives you the rest of the fight. Fight swings mean nothing to him.

On a side note, he looks nothing like I pictured him from just hearing his voice on a bunch of fights. He's a LOT older than I thought.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/10/16/...-next-year-mma

According to Bob Arum, Showtime will be getting of boxing too. I'd rather hear it from Showtime themselves, but it would be sad again if it happens. HBO and Showtime really did know how to put on an event.
    I would think Showtime would be more willing to stay in boxing now that HBO is gone.

Thread Information