0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo vs Fielding Dec-15

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I would fancy Callum Smith to beat Canelo after his dismantling of George Groves.
    Callum Smith would easily beat Canelo. How can you beat someone who has more height, reach , power and is probably a better boxer? Infact I don’t see him attempting to unify with any of the champions for the reasons already given.
    He’ll be a champion at 2 weights and will just choose which makes the most money . A fight at MW, a fight at SMW , or a catchweight between the 2.
    My guess would be the winner of DeGale/Eubank probably at 164lb. Again it guarantees victory. If it’s Eubank , he’ll make 164 no problem, but he’s not that level. If it’s DeGale, he’ll make him boil to 164 just to make sure he can’t win.
    You may be right,I’d give Canelo a good chance though. He is definitely not outmatched as far as boxing skills. Canelo gets right fucked off by the average fan in this department. He’s actually a very good boxer, always has been. He has quite slow feet, which makes what he is good at look less impressive, at least the way I see it. [B][B]He would have fucked groves up just as easily as smith did, imo.
    we shall see. It'll be interesting to see how he copes with Fielding , as Fielding has all the height and reach advantages that Smith and Groves would have, but is classes below them. Fielding is a British level fighter who got lucky to win a version of a title. Smith blasted Fielding out inside 2 minutes, and I'm not saying Canelo has to do that , but he has to show he can get around Fielding's reach advantage comfortably and be able to make some dents in him.
    like you said, he has slow feet, so I'm not sure how he does this.
    Canelo will go straight through Fielding.

No disrespect to Rocky, but there's levels.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I would fancy Callum Smith to beat Canelo after his dismantling of George Groves.
    Callum Smith would easily beat Canelo. How can you beat someone who has more height, reach , power and is probably a better boxer? Infact I don’t see him attempting to unify with any of the champions for the reasons already given.
    He’ll be a champion at 2 weights and will just choose which makes the most money . A fight at MW, a fight at SMW , or a catchweight between the 2.
    My guess would be the winner of DeGale/Eubank probably at 164lb. Again it guarantees victory. If it’s Eubank , he’ll make 164 no problem, but he’s not that level. If it’s DeGale, he’ll make him boil to 164 just to make sure he can’t win.
    You may be right,I’d give Canelo a good chance though. He is definitely not outmatched as far as boxing skills. Canelo gets right fucked off by the average fan in this department. He’s actually a very good boxer, always has been. He has quite slow feet, which makes what he is good at look less impressive, at least the way I see it. [B][B]He would have fucked groves up just as easily as smith did, imo.
    we shall see. It'll be interesting to see how he copes with Fielding , as Fielding has all the height and reach advantages that Smith and Groves would have, but is classes below them. Fielding is a British level fighter who got lucky to win a version of a title. Smith blasted Fielding out inside 2 minutes, and I'm not saying Canelo has to do that , but he has to show he can get around Fielding's reach advantage comfortably and be able to make some dents in him.

Definitely not on the same level ,talent wise, but I reckon it’ll either be an early blow out or Fielding puts in one of those gallant loser performances and Canelo takes an age to get rid of him and stinks the place out.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Definitely not on the same level ,talent wise, but I reckon it’ll either be an early blow out or Fielding puts in one of those gallant loser performances and Canelo takes an age to get rid of him and stinks the place out.
    Looking at what he hit GGG with, I can't see anyway Fielding stands up to that.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch had slow feet too, and I really think he ruined Groves, guy was never nearly as good after their first fight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a mismatch, the only reason Fielding will probably make it past 5 minutes is Canelo is an expert at carrying fighters out of his league
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Janet Fielding from Blue Peter has more chance

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hilarious that Canelo has put a 10 pound re-hydration clause in the contracts for Fielding.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m still lost in how DAZN plans to pay him 365 million. That’s 600k subscriptions annually just to pay Clanelo. I have yet to meet a single person who has a subscription to DAZN(not counting people saying they have it online, I mean only in day to day life)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hilarious that Canelo has put a 10 pound re-hydration clause in the contracts for Fielding.
    Really? Things like that make me like him even less (if that’s even possible). He is moving up in weight to fight for a trinket. He shouldn’t get to demand things like that.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Really? Things like that make me like him even less (if that’s even possible). He is moving up in weight to fight for a trinket. He shouldn’t get to demand things like that.
    If Canelo demands that Fielding wears pink gloves it will happen. He is the A side fighter and Fielding is D side.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Canelo demands that Fielding wears pink gloves it will happen. He is the A side fighter and Fielding is D side.
    All the makings of a 'just glad to be here' gig. Hearn better budget carefully with the anointed diva gracing his screens now. Oscar and Canelo are taking fans for a ride with lopsided bunk showcases like this.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    All the makings of a 'just glad to be here' gig. Hearn better budget carefully with the anointed diva gracing his screens now. Oscar and Canelo are taking fans for a ride with lopsided bunk showcases like this.

It'll all be choreographed to perfection. Soon to come will be the throne rides, the Tecate dancers performing under blazing laser shows.... something like Apollo Creed only a hundred times tackier and more nauseating. Meanwhile, the computer will be working overtime backstage plugging through dozens and dozens of plausible scenarios that keep Canelo safe from harm, the judges on the payroll, and Oscar happily up to his neck in fishnets. Boxing will cease to be boxing, and will become The Canelo Alvarez Show..... starring, Canelo Alvarez with supporting, adoring cast Oscar De La Hoya and Mauricio Sulaiman.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Groves was a good win for Smith. But lets not get carried away and make it more than it really was. A win over Groves is not a win over a great fighter. It's a win a over a good fighter who was already on the decline. I would like to see Smith fight Gilberto Ramirez instead. I think that would be a more competitive fight. Against Alvarez I think Smith would go out like his brother

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Groves was a good win for Smith. But lets not get carried away and make it more than it really was. A win over Groves is not a win over a great fighter. It's a win a over a good fighter who was already on the decline. I would like to see Smith fight Gilberto Ramirez instead. I think that would be a more competitive fight. Against Alvarez I think Smith would go out like his brother
    I don't think anyone is getting carried away with Smith yet at his weight , but he is a proper SMW (infact a BIG SMW) with similar advantages over Canelo that Fielding has (Height, Reach etc.) The key difference is that Smith is a way better and more powerful Boxer than Fielding, as demonstrated by the fact he KO'd Fielding inside 2 minutes.
    It's a fight that will never happen, but if it did, Smith would systematically beat up Canelo and because Canelo is tough , it would last quite a few rounds.
    ps. as a fighter, Smith is Nothing like his Brother, Vastly different levels.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    I don't think anyone is getting carried away with Smith yet at his weight , but he is a proper SMW (infact a BIG SMW) with similar advantages over Canelo that Fielding has (Height, Reach etc.) The key difference is that Smith is a way better and more powerful Boxer than Fielding, as demonstrated by the fact he KO'd Fielding inside 2 minutes.
    It's a fight that will never happen, but if it did, Smith would systematically beat up Canelo and because Canelo is tough , it would last quite a few rounds.
    ps. as a fighter, Smith is Nothing like his Brother, Vastly different levels.

Totally agree with this. Callum impressed, but no one is clearing space on the mantle just yet. He does have good size and decent power. Your analysis of a potential matchup is right on. At the higher weight Canelo's gift advantage of size he's enjoyed over the years would be diminished, fighting someone close to his own size, even bigger in this case. What would make the fight last would be Canelo's chin, which certainly cannot be taken away from him. Other than that, it would be a systematic beatdown.

Thread Information