0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saunders v Andrade - Boston 20/10/18 - Sky/DAZN - CANCELLED

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Kautondokwa will win KO 2
    Only if uses round one to work out how to step on andrade toe and incapacitate him with toe pain... A simple one two will do the job after the toe step for sure.
    He will do "Namibia Pivot" in Rd 3
    The dreaded 3rd round namibian toe pivot will be the stuff of legend, second only to Frankie fredricks Olympic silver medal in the history of all Namibia.... I am worried about andrades health now.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will break it down step by step.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Wonder if GGG is keeping it simple by looking to fight the winner of Andrade vs Kautondokwa now or if his plans changed?
    He makes more vs Murata in Japan, plus there's the winner of Jacobs/ Derevy. An Andrade fight is almost as irrelevant as a Charlo fight, but at least it would have a world title involved, not some interim rubbish.
    So changing circumstances means nothing because the company line has been the same for over a year “Anyone but Charlo, f’n anyone”. At least they’re consistent.
    Already responded to you in another thread on why Charlo isn't relevant.
    I know. Fighters don’t need tough fights, don’t want them. Bring on Murata, set the world on fire. The fight everyone is calling for.
    You mean tough fights like Heiland or Centeno? Murata and Charlo are on par at 160, plus GGG probably makes double if not more for Murata. My preference would be Jacobs if he beats Derevy.

That would be hilarious.
    Again you blame Charlo for GGG not fighting him by calling out his opponents. It’s cute. Like saying GGG isn’t avoiding when he signs a “petition to avoid”. Fun words, let’s have more fun with words. Let’s get your opinion, write it down for us. Do you think Murata is as good as Charlo?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In case anyone is having trouble sleeping I give you Marata’s loss to NDam

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DqnWNhnJSRg
    That won't make people sleep, it's the worst robbery ever, hence the WBA made a public apology and ordered an immediate rematch.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wonder if GGG is keeping it simple by looking to fight the winner of Andrade vs Kautondokwa now or if his plans changed?
    He makes more vs Murata in Japan, plus there's the winner of Jacobs/ Derevy. An Andrade fight is almost as irrelevant as a Charlo fight, but at least it would have a world title involved, not some interim rubbish.
    So changing circumstances means nothing because the company line has been the same for over a year “Anyone but Charlo, f’n anyone”. At least they’re consistent.
    Already responded to you in another thread on why Charlo isn't relevant.
    I know. Fighters don’t need tough fights, don’t want them. Bring on Murata, set the world on fire. The fight everyone is calling for.
    You mean tough fights like Heiland or Centeno? Murata and Charlo are on par at 160, plus GGG probably makes double if not more for Murata. My preference would be Jacobs if he beats Derevy.

That would be hilarious.
    Again you blame Charlo for GGG not fighting him by calling out his opponents. It’s cute. Like saying GGG isn’t avoiding when he signs a “petition to avoid”. Fun words, let’s have more fun with words. Let’s get your opinion, write it down for us. Do you think Murata is as good as Charlo?
    What do you mean as good as? Murata has a belt (about the same worth as Charlo's). He should really be undefeated, the win over N'Jikam is better than Heiland and Cermeno. At 160 there's not a lot of difference in records.

Who do I think wins if they fought now? Charlo.

I've never said Murata was a tougher fight. I said he's more relevant to GGG than Charlo. He can make more, and pick up a title against a guy who, to date has done more than Charlo has at 160.

Why fight Charlo in an eliminator, when you can go straight to a title fight, earning double.

Winning a title is just as much of a guarantee at Canelo, as is winning an eliminator.

And I have already said I would prefer the Jacobs/Derevy winner. I think both those guys are tougher than Charlo.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The point is GGG is a 36 year old man with a crap CV, he needs to fight tough fighters to be remembered. Murata is as basic as basic can be.

But you keep up supporting GGG fighting lesser competition. I understand that because if one wants to support GGG they learned to support fighting lesser competition years and years ago.

And Murata is not a champion same as Charlo is not a champion. The WBA regular title is meaningless, I know GGG fans have a long history of pretending it matters like when they lie about his number of “major” title defenses. Everyone with a clue knows the WBA regular belt is not a major belt.

Why can’t people just be honest and admit after all the evidence piled on for years and years that GGG gives f all about fights and chases money. That is the only way to excuse this old man with a basic CV chasing ANOTHER basic fighter, any basic fighter while he begs for Canelo to choose him again?

Probably because it’s pathetic

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with Ron Swanson.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Triple G had 24 rounds to try to put some real hurt and make a real statement against a smaller man in Canelo Alvarez

He failed miserably

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just heard Andrade is now fighting a Nigerian guy for Saunders "Vacant" WBO belt.

WBO President Francisco ‘Paco’ Valcárcel, Esq reacted on Billy Joe Saunders’ public comments regarding his world title status.

“B.J. Saunders has voluntarily vacated the WBO Middleweight Title. He has publicly apologized for his violation of the Massachusetts Athletic Commission’s anti-doping regulations”.

“Therefore, the clash between Demetrius Andrade and Walter Kautondonkwa scheduled for October 20th will now be for the vacant World Crown”.

“Also, I will recommend to the WBO Executive Committee that Saunders receives a six-month suspension for his transgression.”

The news on Saunders comes after Massachusetts officials made the decision not to license the fighter following a positive drug test for oxilofrine.

Saunders had been hoping he would be able to box as the substance is allowed by WADA and UKAD until the day of the fight.

The 29 year-old was tested by VADA last month, meaning Saunders’ case for leniency went unheard.

At the time, Valcarcel said: “It is unfortunate that a boxer as talented as Saunders is facing this controversy. He will not be able to defend the title.

“The WBO will examine the situation with due diligence. We will proceed according to its ‘Rules & Regulations’ decide which is the proper course of action.”

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The point is GGG is a 36 year old man with a crap CV, he needs to fight tough fighters to be remembered. Murata is as basic as basic can be.

But you keep up supporting GGG fighting lesser competition. I understand that because if one wants to support GGG they learned to support fighting lesser competition years and years ago.

And Murata is not a champion same as Charlo is not a champion. The WBA regular title is meaningless, I know GGG fans have a long history of pretending it matters like when they lie about his number of “major” title defenses. Everyone with a clue knows the WBA regular belt is not a major belt.

Why can’t people just be honest and admit after all the evidence piled on for years and years that GGG gives f all about fights and chases money. That is the only way to excuse this old man with a basic CV chasing ANOTHER basic fighter, any basic fighter while he begs for Canelo to choose him again?

Probably because it’s pathetic
    Exactly GGG is 36, he needs to take the fights that make him the biggest revenue, it is prize fighting after all and as much as we hate it, boxing these days is more business than sport.

I'm sure you'll agree, it's not the easiest way to make a living. So when I guy finally gets to that bracket, he has earned the right to earn the most he possibly can.

No ones claiming Murata's title is better than Charlo's, in fact I said it's worth about the same, the thing is it gets GGG into the same position as a win over Charlo would, for a hell of a lot more money. You try to claim fighting Charlo guarantees GGG a shot at Canelo, it doesn't, winning Murata's title puts him in the same position with the WBA. Canelo will also be fighting for the WBA's super-middle title which could be helpful for future Canelo negotiations.

I agree with you that GGG is all about the money at this stage of his career, aren't we all? I'm not about supporting GGG fighting lesser competition, I'm about what he thinks is best for his family and future. Legacies don't put kids through college or put food on the table.

As a fan, I have already said, I'd prefer GGG to fight the Jacobs/ Derevy winner. Especially over Charlo. But I'm not the one who has to get in the ring.

If GGG chooses to make big money against Murata (who we agree is probably an easier fight than Charlo, but has arguably fought the better opposition at 160), who am I to judge? The guy takes punches for a living. He can fight who he wants. And lets remember that Canelo is the one doing all the avoiding here (with help from the WBC) and also taking on lesser competition in Fielding. Or should we not point out the obvious?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Billy Joe Saunders to give up WBO title to challenge licence decision

Britain's Billy Joe Saunders will give up his WBO world middleweight title "with a heavy heart" as he challenges the decision to deny him a licence, says promoter Frank Warren.

Saunders, 29, was refused a licence to fight Demetrius Andrade after returning an adverse finding in a Voluntary Anti-Doping Association test in August.

Warren says the boxer will give up his belt because of the "mental anguish".

He added the licence decision would be challenged in court.

"Billy Joe will, with a heavy heart, relinquish his world title while this issue is being resolved," Warren said.

Saunders, who was due to fight Andrade in Boston on 20 October, returned an adverse finding for the stimulant oxilofrine, which Warren says was in a "common decongestant nasal spray".

Saunders has insisted he is a "clean fighter to the bone".

Under World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada) and UK Anti-Doping (Ukad) rules, oxilofrine is only banned in competition. That means a fighter is in breach of the regulations only if it is found in their system on the day of a bout.

But it is prohibited at all times by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association, which tested Saunders on 30 August.

Warren says it was "not a failed test" because the Massachusetts State Athletic Commission (MSAC) - which is responsible for issuing a licence to fight in Boston - did not follow Wada's rules.

After taking the case to the Supreme Court, Warren said he would begin legal proceedings against the MSAC.

When BBC Sport contacted the MSAC, it confirmed that Saunders was refused a licence because oxilofrine is on Wada's banned list but it made no distinction between in and out of competition.

In September, Saunders was fined £100,000 by the British Boxing Board of Control for misconduct after a video was posted on social media in which the fighter offers a woman £150 worth of drugs to perform a sex act. Saunders apologised for the video and described it as "banter" that "went wrong".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/45828828
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

*****saunders rocks*****

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was looking forward to this fight too. Andrade is disappointed, I am sure.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So the show must go on, Andrade v Kautondokwa not to far off. Kid Galahad and Toka Khan Clary in the 2nd round now. 1st time Stateside for Galahad good to see. this ref is waaaay too involved. Galahad warned 3,4,5 times for his foot stepping

First time seeing full DAZN card and not to shabby. Glad they picked up Brian Kenny

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not a lot to choose from but Toka seems sharper of two 3-2. Sloppy sparse action really. Tevin Farmer makes his first defense but Katie Taylor moved to the co feature on card .

Thread Information