Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Saunders v Andrade - Boston 20/10/18 - Sky/DAZN - CANCELLED

Saunders is in the shape of his life for this which really makes you wonder when you consider recent news.

Anyway this should be a great fight nonetheless.

Billy Joe Saunders looks a picture of health and commitment ahead of his latest title defense on October 20.

The WBO middleweight champion finds out this week whether a doping ban will be forthcoming.

Saunders has been training in the United States ahead on his mandatory fight with Demetrius Andrade. Saunders posted a picture of his physique as fight week approaches.

The 29 year-old put his undefeated 26-0 record on the line against Andrade, who himself holds a perfect 25-0 C.V.

With no news yet on the UK broadcast, Saunders v Andrade takes place at the TD Garden in Boston.

In a recent move, former Contender star Walter Wright has been added to the bill following his shock win over Mark DeLuca.

The pair will contest a rematch after 37 year-old Wright stunned DeLuca in June.

Wright took DeLuca’s ‘0’ following a successful comeback from a five-year absence. ‘2 Guns’ is rewarded with a slot on a huge show.

UNDERCARD
    Others on the bill for October 20th include Irish favorite Katie Taylor. The biggest star in women’s boxing and the WBA and IBF World Lightweight Champ competes in a showdown with Brooklyn-based Cindy Serrano.

‘Checkmate’ is the Brooklyn-based WBO Featherweight Champ. Serrano is also one of the most exciting combat sports stars to come out of Puerto Rico.

Serrano hasn’t lost a fight since 2012 and is gunning for two-weight World glory.

Also on the bill is a showdown between American boxer and IBF Super-Featherweight title holder Tevin Farmer and Irish boxer James Tennyson.

Farmer landed the title with a landslide points win in Billy Dib’s Australian backyard in August. He gained redemption in the process after missing out on the crown in a controversial split decision loss against Kenichi Ogawa in Las Vegas in December. Tennyson is the reigning European and Commonwealth champion.

https://www.worldboxingnews.net/2018...2-guns-wright/

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saunders v Andrade - Boston 20/10/18 - Sky/DAZN

I think everyone wants Andrade to win, even the Brits.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don’t care who wins, but this is a very good fight. Both guys are really tricky, Andrade is a very under looked/rated fighter imo. Maybe he’s hot and cold, but he does certain things extremely well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saunders has been denied his licence and will be stripped of his title

cant say I'm disappointed. After the way he's conducted himself in recent months getting caught for drugs wasn't surprising, I bet David Lemieux is loving it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Waste of talent.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Billy Joe Saunders: Demetrius Andrade fight CANCELLED as champ 'launches VULGAR tirade'

Massachusetts State Athletic Commission has refused to grant the Englishman a licence to fight, who reportedly shouted at board members to "suck my *****" through the speakerphone after hearing the decision.

This is as a result of Saunders failing a voluntary drugs test.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good job.

Disappointed that the fight is not happening, but no one to blame but himself.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Billy Joe Saunders: Demetrius Andrade fight CANCELLED as champ 'launches VULGAR tirade'

Massachusetts State Athletic Commission has refused to grant the Englishman a licence to fight, who reportedly shouted at board members to "suck my *****" through the speakerphone after hearing the decision.

This is as a result of Saunders failing a voluntary drugs test.

Wow. Surprised they didn't immediately reconvene for a re-vote.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saunders v Andrade - Boston 20/10/18 - Sky/DAZN - CANCELLED

In the meantime, Andrade and the WBO’s next available contender, Walter Kautondokwa of Namibia, already completed a signed bout agreement in anticipation of Saunders being denied a license, sources told The Ring. Andrade will still earn $800,000, per sources, the purse he was scheduled to make against Saunders.

Andrade-Kautondokwa will headline Eddie Hearn’s event streamed on DAZN on October 20, and the winner could be crowned the new WBO middleweight titleholder.

The adverse finding was revealed on September 27, with Saunders and promoter Frank Warren arguing that the stimulant was found in a nasal spray the fighter was using. They also argued that oxilofrine is allowed to be used out of competition under the auspices of United Kingdom Anti-Doping (UKAD). It didn’t matter.

Both Saunders (26-0, 12 knockouts) and Andrade (25-0, 16 KOs) agreed to supplementary testing conducted by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (VADA) at Victor Conte’s behest. The former head of the infamous lab BALCO, who designed performance-enhancing substances for athletes like Barry Bonds and Sugar Shane Mosley, is overseeing Andrade’s strength and conditioning regimen at his SNAC headquarters in the Bay Area. Conte, now an advocate for clean sport, paid $16,000 out of pocket to cover the cost of comprehensive testing for both fighters.

“I don’t really think (the commission) had any other choice,” Conte, who also works with middleweight contender Daniel Jacobs and lightweight contender Devin Haney, told The Ring.

“I know this is boxing and anything can happen in boxing and there’s a lot of money (involved), but there was a signed agreement, and it’s very clear in that agreement that they’re agreeing to a list of prohibited substances; it says at all times. You’re either pregnant or you’re not. They either found it or they didn’t. I think it’s a real simple case.”

VADA doesn’t differentiate between in competition and out of competition, and the Massachusetts commission respected the signed drug-testing protocol agreement. “You’re telling me there’s not going to be a fight and I’m denied a license?” Saunders said during the conference call, according to Conte. “I won’t be fighting on October 20?”

When the commission affirmed that yes, there would indeed be no fight, Saunders replied “You can all suck my prick!” The mercurial southpaw will miss out on a career-high purse of $2.3 million, per sources, and Tuesday’s decision only adds to the mounting trouble Saunders has faced.

The 29-year-old twice withdrew from scheduled middleweight title bouts with Martin Murray, citing injuries. It was revealed after the second cancellation that he had agreed to a fight with Gennady Golokvin in the event a deal with Canelo Alvarez couldn’t be struck for the rematch, casting doubt on the legitimacy of his injury claim.

Saunders also was fined $100,000 by the British Boxing Board of Control last month in the aftermath of a video that surfaced where the fighter entices a woman to attack a passerby in exchange for crack.

“I think this whole nasal spray excuse is highly questionable,” said Conte, who has sponsored more than 10 fighters for VADA testing in the past. “I have not been able to find any nasal spray that contains oxilofrine. It’s likely it came from an underground source. I was highly suspicious before this because he lost so much weight so quickly for his two previous opponents.

“I knew there was verbiage in the contract with Willie Monroe Jr. where they said they would be testing by VADA or the equivalent entity and there was no testing.”

Alvarez, who tested positive for the banned substance clenbuterol in February, scraping that May 5 rematch with GGG, claimed it was all a result of contaminated meat consumed in Mexico. Saunders, of course, blamed it on a nasal spray. Conte said that Alvarez’s alibi is plausible — “one out of three times in Mexico you’re getting contaminated meat” — while Saunders isn’t.

Conte noted that the potential adverse effects for oxilofrine usage, like a stroke or heart attack, are more clear than with clenbuterol. The receptors for oxilofrine are in the heart; with clenbuterol, they’re in the lungs.

“This substance is about increasing heart rate and the cardiac stimulation is much stronger … it’s very powerful,” Conte said. “The only medical use (for oxilofrine) is low-blood pressure. I don’t believe he has low blood pressure. I believe he likely took this to help him lose weight. It accelerates the rate at which you burn calories. With each and every heartbeat it’s pushing more blood.”

So if Saunders indeed knowingly used the banned substance, why would he do when he already signed up for random, comprehensive anti-doping. Conte has a theory.

“He was held to WADA standard, which UKAD follows, and he had been using this stuff in the past — this is a guess on my part — and just didn’t use it on fight night and it doesn’t show up (in test results post fight),” Conte reasoned. “You can use methamphetamine, a stronger chemical cousin (out of competition in the U.K.), and it would be OK. I hope others don’t realize what a huge loophole this is and start using these dangerous substances.

“WADA has huge loopholes in it. VADA, it looks like, is the new gold standard in the sport of boxing. This is a great day for the anti-doping movement in boxing.”

It’s not, however, a great day for Saunders, Andrade or Hearn. The 30-year-old native of Providence, Rhode Island was preparing for the most high-profile fight of his career. Instead, Andrade is now relegated to fighting Kautondokwa (17-0, 16 KOs), an unknown commodity who has never competed outside Africa.

And Hearn, who is short on notable events for his deal with DAZN, loses the most highly anticipated fight on his fall slate.

https://www.ringtv.com/545475-billy-...kwa-on-oct-20/

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saunders has become a master at burning bridges by the sound of it. Bring in the mystery man with 4 or 5 syllables in his last name, and bring your punch. Has to be a rough shot to Hearn and his efforts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I don't know where you get the idea that Saunders has no support here. People like him even though sometimes he can be as daft as a brush" He is a fight anybody "fighter and has proved that he can up and alter his game. Andrade is largely unknown here but those in the know accept that he is a good fighter. We know Billy Joe is a good fighter too. Some of us feel that he has the ability to be great. Lets hope he shows that and that that the best man wins.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by east end bob View Post
    I don't know where you get the idea that Saunders has no support here. People like him even though sometimes he can be as daft as a brush" He is a fight anybody "fighter and has proved that he can up and alter his game. Andrade is largely unknown here but those in the know accept that he is a good fighter. We know Billy Joe is a good fighter too. Some of us feel that he has the ability to be great. Lets hope he shows that and that that the best man wins.
    I am not disputing Saunders has talent and one of the most skilled boxers on the planet at his weight class which just makes this situation even worse for him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh well. Next.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm kind of glad. Their shtick about it being no problem and that the BBBoC had no problem with it, neither did UKAD stunk to high heaven of arrogance. Massachusetts involvement in proceedings was downplayed to the point of being redundant. If I was a shot caller in the Commission I'd have been thinking right you cunts. I wanted them to come a cropper if I'm honest.

Saunders has systematically undone any good work he's done recently and only has himself to blame. He wont of course, it's because he's a traveller.

He'll be off to Eddie in a flash to buy him into a decent fight in six months.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by east end bob View Post
    Strange thing in boxing where every fighter described as a fight anybody fighter has both turned down fights and a crap CV.

Thread Information