Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan v Brook - weight clause agreed at 147lbs

I'd have had Khan to win this on points if it was 6-7 years ago and win easily.
    On the back of his last showing Brook will just walk through him then put him to sleep.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    I'd have had Khan to win this on points if it was 6-7 years ago and win easily.
    On the back of his last showing Brook will just walk through him then put him to sleep.
    I was about to say the same.

Brook puts Khan to sleep. I'll be very surprised with any other result.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even Khans footwork seemed sluggish against Vargas.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    So I’ve been trying to search for these figures, because I won’t believe it till I see it with my very own eyes. And then I came across this! @Master, you will love this!
    https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8536391.html

So according to Eddie , who saturated the market with shit value less ppv’s, ppv will die because the market is saturated!
    I really don’t know how he has the cojones to say this shit and get away with it! I’ve said it before and people ranted like fuck at me, I’m sorry, but Brits are being mugged off when it comes to ppv.
    Cue the hatred!
    How Eddie has the gall to say this when he has been the biggest instigator of PPV boxing shows in the UK illustrates what a hypocritical cunt he is.

The fact that he puts on big fights on the day same day as his rivals ppv fights also shows he does not really care about boxing fans and more to be spiteful to his competition. Double cuntish behaviour.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    So I’ve been trying to search for these figures, because I won’t believe it till I see it with my very own eyes. And then I came across this! @Master, you will love this!
    https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8536391.html

So according to Eddie , who saturated the market with shit value less ppv’s, ppv will die because the market is saturated!
    I really don’t know how he has the cojones to say this shit and get away with it! I’ve said it before and people ranted like fuck at me, I’m sorry, but Brits are being mugged off when it comes to ppv.
    Cue the hatred!
    How Eddie has the gall to say this when he has been the biggest instigator of PPV boxing shows in the UK illustrates what a hypocritical cunt he is.

The fact that he puts on big fights on the day same day as his rivals ppv fights also shows he does not really care about boxing fans and more to be spiteful to his competition. Double cuntish behaviour.
    Told ya you would like it!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Master doesn't hate Eddie, between him and Smash they provide more press release promotion flyers than everyone else put together.

Definitely on the Matchroom payroll.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I find it staggering that after all this time and how much we know, fighters, boxing boards, promoters and sanctioning bodies, are all still prepared to entertain the idea of depleting a fighter of one of his natural defences against brain damage, all in the name of a buck.

Just mental.

I'm struggling to decide who the most annoying of these two is. I still slightly prefer Brook but if he keeps up with these too shook for Brook tweets I might change my mind.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Master doesn't hate Eddie, between him and Smash they provide more press release promotion flyers than everyone else put together.

Definitely on the Matchroom payroll.

😁😁😁

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If making the weight and the rehydration doesn't hinder Brook too much, he should defeat Khan. Should be a fun fight while it lasts.
    They live, We sleep

El Kabong Guest

Brook should school Amir. It would have been nice had these guys fought Hatton.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Hatton v Khan at light welterweight would have been top draw contest as both dominated the weight and were at their best. Honestly not sure who would win although would be supporting Ricky to land a left hook to the body and head to finish off Khan.

El Kabong Guest

Hatton v Khan at light welterweight would have been top draw contest as both dominated the weight and were at their best. Honestly not sure who would win although would be supporting Ricky to land a left hook to the body and head to finish off Khan.
    Exactly...I think it was a perfect style matchup as was Hatton vs Pacquiao but I think Ricky's yo-yo-ing weight and age caught up with him that night. Had it been the young hungry (no pun intended) Hatton it would have been a different fight just as a young prime Tszyu would have been a different fight.

Khan's hands were very quick, Ricky was unrelenting plodding forward, would have been a war.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly...I think it was a perfect style matchup as was Hatton vs Pacquiao but I think Ricky's yo-yo-ing weight and age caught up with him that night. Had it been the young hungry (no pun intended) Hatton it would have been a different fight just as a young prime Tszyu would have been a different fight.

Khan's hands were very quick, Ricky was unrelenting plodding forward, would have been a war.
    Hatton would’ve walked through Khan’s pitter patter bollocks, chewed him up and spat him out.
    And before everyone spouts of about Khan’s speed and skill, remember he had loads of problems with Algieri ffs.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That Khan, when he was with Roach, liked a war which would have made the fight exciting. Think Hatton wins because Amir chin may let him down but he could easily cut up Ricky and win.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I'm happy to see both these guys edge closer to a long-awaited meeting. Some may say it's too late.... I don't subscribe to that theory. Neither of them is old nor washed up. Just slightly damaged from ill-fated attempts to fight true middleweights.

Still, happy to see it. I'd favor and root for Brook.

But good on Khan for talking about rehydration limits. Ten pounds sounds a bit limiting, but I'm glad to hear a boxer..... ANY boxer..... talking about something that is truly a sham in professional boxing.

Imagine.... if boxing had a 10-pound rehydration limit, guys like JCC Jr. and Canelo would've never had a successful boxing career. Well..... Canelo anyway.
    Do you take medication for this?

Was it the last statement that you liked? I'll be sure and @mention you next time.... make it easier to find.
    Hope you understand I don’t say it in a negative way, just teasing. We all have our things and it’s just fun to acknowledge and tease our preconceptions. Meant purely friendly

Thread Information