Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Khan v Brook - weight clause agreed at 147lbs

Khan and Brook have agreed to a weight clause where Brook can't put on more than 10lbs on fight day.

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...-weight-clause

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan v Brook - weight clause agreed at 147lbs

I'm happy to see both these guys edge closer to a long-awaited meeting. Some may say it's too late.... I don't subscribe to that theory. Neither of them is old nor washed up. Just slightly damaged from ill-fated attempts to fight true middleweights.

Still, happy to see it. I'd favor and root for Brook.

But good on Khan for talking about rehydration limits. Ten pounds sounds a bit limiting, but I'm glad to hear a boxer..... ANY boxer..... talking about something that is truly a sham in professional boxing.

Imagine.... if boxing had a 10-pound rehydration limit, guys like JCC Jr. and Canelo would've never had a successful boxing career. Well..... Canelo anyway.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am glad that the fight does happen even if it should have happened years ago.

Diva Khan has got his way with the weight hoping he will drain Brook. I hope that Kell is still strong and beats Khan. That will be justice.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I'm happy to see both these guys edge closer to a long-awaited meeting. Some may say it's too late.... I don't subscribe to that theory. Neither of them is old nor washed up. Just slightly damaged from ill-fated attempts to fight true middleweights.

But good on Khan for talking about rehydration limits. Ten pounds sounds a bit limiting, but I'm glad to hear a boxer..... ANY boxer..... talking about something that is truly a sham in professional boxing.

Imagine.... if boxing had a 10-pound rehydration limit, guys like JCC Jr. and Canelo would've never had a successful boxing career. Well..... Canelo anyway.

Khans desperate to drain brook. He's not confident of winning a fair fight so has to come up with these diva demands

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan himself struggled to make weight last time out, failing the first time then stripping naked to hit 147lbs.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan is a prick and Brook is as desperate to get this fight as GGG was with Canelo. For the record, I’m still not convinced the fight will go ahead, this is just another smokescreen.
    The weight issue is just as bad for Khan. He never made weight first time for his last fight and it showed in the fight.
    If Khan really wanted this fight , he would do a CW of 150lbs. He’s outgrown 147 himself.
    As for Brook, do you people really have such short memories? He had to go to LMW because he “physically couldn’t make WW safely anymore!” Then he bowled some guy over at LMW and “put all the World champions at LMW on notice!” What happened to that little master plan ?
    I like Brook, but he’s fucking finished and Khan was finished a long time before he was trying to shag Transsexuals!
    Finally, you Brits are all a bunch of fucking mugs.Where else in the World would a good domestic dust up like this with NO relevance to the World scene be PPV? come on.
    Time and time again this is happening.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Khan is a prick and Brook is as desperate to get this fight as GGG was with Canelo. For the record, I’m still not convinced the fight will go ahead, this is just another smokescreen.
    The weight issue is just as bad for Khan. He never made weight first time for his last fight and it showed in the fight.
    If Khan really wanted this fight , he would do a CW of 150lbs. He’s outgrown 147 himself.
    As for Brook, do you people really have such short memories? He had to go to LMW because he “physically couldn’t make WW safely anymore!” Then he bowled some guy over at LMW and “put all the World champions at LMW on notice!” What happened to that little master plan ?
    I like Brook, but he’s fucking finished and Khan was finished a long time before he was trying to shag Transsexuals!
    Finally, you Brits are all a bunch of fucking mugs.Where else in the World would a good domestic dust up like this with NO relevance to the World scene be PPV? come on.

The reason this can be a PPV is because Khan is still a massive name it he UK.
    His last fight broke the UK record for viewing figures for a subscription (non PPV) fight.
    He did well on a prime time reality tv game show about a year ago that gets huge viewing figures so everyone knows who he is be it hard-core fight fans or non fight fans.

That's the way it is now in the UK and Hearn would be a fool not to put this on PPV because it will sell shitloads.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brooks been on his Instagram in the last 10 minutes saying he'll weigh in at 147 then "eat what he likes"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BouLL0YhAzs/?hl=en

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brook will eat Khan alive as far as I can see... Aside from the fact that this would’ve been a lucrative domestic thing years ago, does anyone think otherwise? Brook had a couple of tough losses, but those were against guys that may have literally killed Khan in the ring. He looked good in his comeback fight, like he hadn’t lost much. Khan looked like fucking tofu against a bum last time out.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

His last fight broke the UK record for viewing figures for a subscription (non PPV) fight.
    He did well on a prime time reality tv game show about a year ago that gets huge viewing figures so everyone knows who he is be it hard-core fight fans or non fight fans.

That's the way it is now in the UK and Hearn would be a fool not to put this on PPV because it will sell shitloads.
    Right, I’m not getting at you Smashy, because I’ve seen this statement banded around from Eddie Hearn.
    But i’m Gonna be a wanker and say that I don’t believe him and I think it’s a bare faced fucking lie!
    Unless I can see the top 10 all time non ppv subscription fights in order , I refuse to believe this.
    Eddie Hearn is a liar, period!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do you take medication for this?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

One of the saddest things I’ve ever read. Frankenstein’s monster, who is really the monster the guys mugging the public or the public that begs to be mugged.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So I’ve been trying to search for these figures, because I won’t believe it till I see it with my very own eyes. And then I came across this! @Master, you will love this!
    https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8536391.html

So according to Eddie , who saturated the market with shit value less ppv’s, ppv will die because the market is saturated!
    I really don’t know how he has the cojones to say this shit and get away with it! I’ve said it before and people ranted like fuck at me, I’m sorry, but Brits are being mugged off when it comes to ppv.
    Cue the hatred!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

Do you take medication for this?

Was it the last statement that you liked? I'll be sure and @mention you next time.... make it easier to find.
    Last edited by TitoFan; 10-10-2018 at 11:34 PM. Reason: felt like it

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan will get knocked out again. Brook can punch and Khan is damaged goods. Brook has been damaged too, but surely Khan has brain damage as well as seen with his recent tranny behavior. The British Dela Hoya in waiting. He will retire and promote Prince Harry or Ed Sheeran or someone like that. Totally lost it and he had a desperately low IQ to begin with. Will be a fun few rounds though. He always starts fast then gets knocked out badly.

Thread Information