0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan v Brook - weight clause agreed at 147lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I'm happy to see both these guys edge closer to a long-awaited meeting. Some may say it's too late.... I don't subscribe to that theory. Neither of them is old nor washed up. Just slightly damaged from ill-fated attempts to fight true middleweights.

Still, happy to see it. I'd favor and root for Brook.

But good on Khan for talking about rehydration limits. Ten pounds sounds a bit limiting, but I'm glad to hear a boxer..... ANY boxer..... talking about something that is truly a sham in professional boxing.

Imagine.... if boxing had a 10-pound rehydration limit, guys like JCC Jr. and Canelo would've never had a successful boxing career. Well..... Canelo anyway.
    Do you take medication for this?

Was it the last statement that you liked? I'll be sure and @mention you next time.... make it easier to find.
    Hope you understand I don’t say it in a negative way, just teasing. We all have our things and it’s just fun to acknowledge and tease our preconceptions. Meant purely friendly

No worries bro. If put on a polygraph and asked if I have anything against Canelo, I'd say "no" and promptly short circuit the machine.

Still.... it's not entirely a P.R.-Mexican thing. I was a huge fan of both JMM and MAB, two class acts (in my estimation).

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Brook should school Amir. It would have been nice had these guys fought Hatton.
    Hatton v Khan at light welterweight would have been top draw contest as both dominated the weight and were at their best. Honestly not sure who would win although would be supporting Ricky to land a left hook to the body and head to finish off Khan.
    Dominated the weight? I have mad respect for Hatton but his other top challengers at the weight were Cotto, Pacquiao and Mayweather. 2 he didn’t fight at the weight. 1 he didn’t fight at all. Floyd he was KOed by at a different weight and Pacquiao KOed him at the weight. That doesn’t seem like domination

And Khan simply never approached dominating the division. He lost twice including being KOed by the guy generally considered the top guy in the division at the time.

El Kabong Guest

I'm happy to see both these guys edge closer to a long-awaited meeting. Some may say it's too late.... I don't subscribe to that theory. Neither of them is old nor washed up. Just slightly damaged from ill-fated attempts to fight true middleweights.

Still, happy to see it. I'd favor and root for Brook.

But good on Khan for talking about rehydration limits. Ten pounds sounds a bit limiting, but I'm glad to hear a boxer..... ANY boxer..... talking about something that is truly a sham in professional boxing.

Imagine.... if boxing had a 10-pound rehydration limit, guys like JCC Jr. and Canelo would've never had a successful boxing career. Well..... Canelo anyway.
    Do you take medication for this?

Was it the last statement that you liked? I'll be sure and @mention you next time.... make it easier to find.
    Hope you understand I don’t say it in a negative way, just teasing. We all have our things and it’s just fun to acknowledge and tease our preconceptions. Meant purely friendly

No worries bro. If put on a polygraph and asked if I have anything against Canelo, I'd say "no" and promptly short circuit the machine.

Still.... it's not entirely a P.R.-Mexican thing. I was a huge fan of both JMM and MAB, two class acts (in my estimation).

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So the real reason why Khan v Brook is happening is because Manny Pac has chosen Broner as his next opponent.

Khan is ever the bridesmaid.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amir Khan claims he is close to Terence Crawford title fight, putting Kell Brook plans on backburner

Amir Khan is ready to sign a deal to fight WBO welterweight world champion Terence Crawford – a move which will jeopardise the possibility of a British showdown with long-term rival Kell Brook.

Khan and Brook, who are both signed to Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom Boxing, have long been locked in talks over a grudge match in 2019, with a deal between the pair seemingly closer than ever.

Brook must first overcome Michael Zerafa on Saturday night in his second clash since a pair of devastating defeats. He was stopped during a unified middleweight world title fight with Gennady Golovkin in September 2016, before suffering a similar fate at the hands of Errol Spence Jr a year later.

Sky Sports invited Khan to make an appearance in Sheffield in anticipation of Brook beating Zerafa to publicly accelerate talks and interest in the bout, but he declined and has now warned that time is running out for his rival.

“If I fight for a title in the welterweight division with Crawford, that could be a future fight, so you never know,” he told The Independent.

“We’ve had big names on the list. Something is going to be announced within a week, I’ve given everyone deadlines because I need to keep busy. Being out of the ring is not fair on me when I have other options out there.”

“We’re looking at the Brook fight and it’s a big fight as well, probably one of the biggest in my career. We’re looking at Wembley Stadium, maybe Manchester or Birmingham, but I think Wembley would be the ideal location for me. Watching Anthony Joshua fight there…having 90,000 people would be awesome.”

Khan acknowledges that he is now entering the final years of his career and has admitted that he is torn between gifting British boxing fans a fight they have long been demanding – along with a potentially more lucrative purse – or fighting pound-for-pound star Crawford for another shot at the world title.

“This fight would generate in the twenties of millions, it's a big fight if we can sell out Wembley stadium,” he said of a potential meeting with Brook.

“The fight has been talked about for so many years and we can sell Wembley, or maybe do 70,000 which is a lot of money just from the gate alone. Then you've got the pay-per-view market which will be big because recently they've been hitting it on the big fights, so we may get one million buys. I think it is more about a legacy to us. This is a fight that can cement our legacy and show who the best is in our division.

“There are other big options and maybe it came to a stage where I thought the big fights for me are gone, but they’re not. I’ve been offered another big deal with good money to fight against a tougher fighter and a bigger name than Kell Brook, which I was surprised at. I have to look at all avenues. If this makes more sense for me, I’ll take that one, but the British crowd will be upset.”

Khan must decide between Brook (L) and Crawford (Getty)

Any future fight rests on whether Brook can beat Zerafa on Saturday, with Khan admitted he will take time out from his 32nd birthday celebrations to cheer on his nemesis.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/ami...131800666.html

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

​Move on Kel, Khan knows he is chinny and weaker than you. The only way Khan ever gets in a ring with Brook will be in his last cash out fight.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Crawford is cherry-picking a faded Khan.

He should be fighting a prime opponent like Spence or Thurman, or his mandatory.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brook accuses Khan of 'letting the public down' by not fighting him

Kell Brook has accused Amir Khan of "running away again" and said his domestic rival has "let the public down" by refusing to fight him.

Former IBF world welterweight champion Brook and Khan have long been on a collision course, but a fight has yet to materialise between the warring duo.

Eddie Hearn, who promotes both fighters, said the pair owe it to the fans to settle their differences in ring after Khan defeated Samuel Vargas in September.

This weekend, Brook will fight Michael Zerafa in a WBA world super-welterweight eliminator, while Khan is reportedly close to agreeing a bout with WBO welterweight champion Terence Crawford.

Speaking earlier this week, Khan said he believes the Brook showdown will always be an option, but the Sheffield fighter believes his rival will not face him.

"I would have liked to have announced our fight in the ring and give fans an early Christmas present," he told BBC Sport.

"But it does not look like it will happen. It looks like he has run off again.

"I have done everything in my powers for it to happen. It is him who has let the public down – 100 per cent it's on him.

If the Khan fight does not happen, Brook may target a rematch with Errol Spence Jr, who defeated him for the IBF belt, or WBC strap holder Shawn Porter.

Crawford, Keith Thurman and Danny Garcia are other potential targets and Brook is eyeing the biggest names.

"I am going to go after the big names in America and the fights all the fans want," he added

"I am going to do my thing. I don't need him at all. It's just a tick, a grudge match – the years of bad blood from each other.

"It's not the end of the world and I will move on.

"I am more established at welterweight being world champion. I will be hunting these guys and the weight above at light middleweight."

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/bro...170112314.html

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan is past his best but it’s a better fight for Crawford than Collazo is.

Thread Information